Post by Toshi » 9 months ago

tstorm823 wrote:
9 months ago
Toshi wrote:
9 months ago
duducrash wrote:
9 months ago
I was thinking "when does a deck becomes a permanent deck"
When the second set since building the deck is going through spoilers chances are the deck will live at least a year.
Does it count if the deck has been assembled for that amount of time but never actually played?
Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
I'm sure there are players out there brewing just for the sake of it, but that's not me.
Of course if someone has kids, no nearby LGS or playgroup yada yada it's completely valid for a deck just to sit on a shelf and still be a permanent build.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 9 months ago

I certainly spend far more time brewing than playing.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 9 months ago

Toshi wrote:
9 months ago
duducrash wrote:
9 months ago
I was thinking "when does a deck becomes a permanent deck"
When the second set since building the deck is going through spoilers chances are the deck will live at least a year.

About a month then

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 9 months ago

duducrash wrote:
9 months ago
I have several EDH Decks with power levels from : "around the level of a bad precon" to "the best I can do within my budget without flat out copying an online list", and its not like im married to my lists, I'll play decks once or twice and move on to a different deck no problem. I was thinking "when does a deck becomes a permanent deck" and now I think its when I order some matching basics for the deck.

Bonus toughts : we've been spoiled with cool lands recently
I have a few meme decks that I only end up playing once because they were fun to theory craft but not to use. Other than those I build so few decks that my question is closer to "when does this deck be demoted from permanent deck status". I think I still have about 50% of the decks I built.

My original 5 decks from a decade ago wete Chromium, Progenitus, Tivadar of Thorn, Jaya Ballard, Task Mage and Atogatog. Jaya Ballard, Task Mage got disassembled for a few years and then rebuilt as Yurlok of Scorch Thrash. Only Atogatog isn't really around anymore.

I had a second wave builds of Damia, Sage of Stone, The Ur-Dragon, Lazav, the Multifarious, Gishath, Sun's Avatar and Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge from 4-5 years ago. I still have all of those.

Most recently I've built Velomachus Lorehold and he's also still around.

I used to have Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker that I took apart because the play patterns were bad. I had Lovisa Coldeyes who was fun but I just had too many decks and something had to give. I had Jugan, the Rising Star which was fine.

So I still have 10 of 14 of my decks that I played for more than 1 game.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 9 months ago

@Dunadain my full Blasphemous 2 review including some light spoilers:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I wanted to hold off on my judgement until I finished the game entirely. Now that I have I have no reservations saying that it's missing something. It's a game that's really taken 2 steps forward and 2 steps back in so many ways I have a hard time understanding what they were going for.

Pros:
  • Combat is more engaging and varied thanks to additional weapon options and skill trees. These weapons are also used for various platforming and exploration unlocks so that's fun.
  • The narrative is much improved IMO. More cut scenes and voice acting throughout. I really enjoyed the story.
  • Exploration is fun and rewarding. Plenty of locations you'll encounter that are a bit mysterious but turn out to be something cool later.
  • No bugs or technical issues.
Cons:
  • The game in general and particularly the bosses and platforming sections are too easy. I'm not even great at these games and I there was only 1 boss that gave me significant issues. None of the platforming gave me trouble. There's no difficulty setting either so I'm not sure what to make of this. Considering the first game was touted for its challenge this game feels like they left the training wheels on intentionally.
  • No New Game+ is strange and I assume it's coming with a patch later. An odd omission for the genera.
  • Bosses are mostly smaller and lack the visual punch of the first game. I think this was one of the stronger features before so the change is a real bummer.
  • All of the items that had risk\reward elements are gone and replaced by a system of mix and match buffs that didn't really do anything for me. It was fine but bland. Many of the quest rewards are items that support this system so ultimately they feel a bit lame.
  • The method to achieve the current optional or true ending is bland and the boss payoff is disappointing. The ending itself is cool.
  • The real big issue I have is that the world while interesting feels kind of hollow this time for some reason. Maybe it's the relative lack of NPCs by comparison but there's just something missing there.
Ultimately I'm guessing the devs received some criticism about the challenge and systems in the original and decided to make this game more accessible. The result is a game that feels generic and in some ways incomplete. The original game had a lot of post release content and improvements so perhaps I should have expected this to some extent. I have hope that by the time they're done they will have addressed some of these problems and given me some challenging DLC to sink my teeth into.
I'd give it a solid 7 and it's worth playing for fans of the genera. As a huge fan of the original I can't help but be disappointed, but It's still a flavorful and entertaining Metroidvania in spite of the flaws.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 9 months ago

so, i finally moved down to Artesia and into my temp place. I have a service dog for emotional support/medical and she protects me from evil sock monkies.

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 9 months ago

Alright boys and girls, we did it: the Pixar marathon is finally complete. And with that, the official DirkGently tier list/power rankings for all 27 Pixar movies to date.

Grading is a bit of a curve. Outside of the bottom tiers, all of these are pretty good movies, so keep that in mind. Also, I could see shuffling the movies around a bit within each tier pretty easily. But I feel pretty strongly about the tiers themselves, I think there's a pretty clear drop in quality between each.

S Tier:

Coco - this made me cry more than any other Pixar movie, even on a second viewing. The music is so well utilized, the animation style is really unique, beautiful, and memorable, and the plot is surprising and powerful.
Inside Out - What struck me on a second viewing is how easy it would have been to have a really straightforward story in the external world, but Pixar really went above and beyond with Riley's narrative. The idea of turning one's happy memories into melancholy ones is really powerful. Also, Bing Bong. %$#%$#% it, Bing Bong, how dare you be the stupidest thing I've ever cried about in a movie.
Toy Story 3 - Toy story 1 is a fun, straightforward story that's well-told but doesn't hit emotionally as hard for me as 3 does. That ending is so perfect.
The Incredibles - The only one in S-tier that didn't make me cry, but it's just so much fun. The dialogue is so excellent at telling a domestic story in a fantastical context. On rewatching, I do feel like the ending is relatively mid, though. Aesthetically I love a ton of stuff up until they leave the island, and then it looks like any superhero movie punch up. But everything up until that point is perfect.

A tier:

Ratatouille - Old favorite of mine. I really like the unique story, setting, and characters. The VO narration bothered me a little on rewatch but it's not a big deal.
Toy Story - Well-written and lots of fun, it just doesn't pack as much emotional resonance as some of their other movies. Incredibly low budget compared to the rest of their catalogue, though, which is impressive.
Finding Nemo - Might have gotten into S-tier except that the ending(s) really drag(s). The "swim down" part really should have been cut.
Up - I was disappointed with this one when I first watched it, but enjoyed it a lot more on rewatching. I don't love most of the main plot, but the two main characters are great and the opening sequence is excellent.
Luca - Hadn't seen it before but I liked it. Not a tearjerker, just unique, inventive, and fun.
Toy Story 4 - I liked this more the first time I saw it. On rewatch, while I really like the characters and they're used well, the story really meanders.
Turning Red - Solid for new Pixar. Fun and lighthearted, but doesn't stick with me too much.
Toy Story 2 - Yes, it has one of he hardest-hitting emotional moments out of the entire Pixar catalogue - you know which one I'm talking about - and Jessie is a great character, but the rest of the movie is mostly filler.
Monsters Inc - Still a fun movie, but it's fallen off over the years I think. The connection between Sully and Boo is cute but doesn't really hit me.
Incredibles 2 - I like the villain and the ending more than the original to be honest, but the dialogue just doesn't crackle like it used to, and that's a lot more important. The Jack-Jack arc feels very fillery too.
Finding Dory - This one starts to feel a little too emotionally manipulative to me, considering the eponymous character was initially a joke. It's like Bing Bong if it was the whole movie. Still solid though.
Monsters University - Pretty by-the-numbers but still fun.

B tier:

Onward - The setting is fun and there's nothing obviously wrong, but I didn't feel connected enough to the characters to be swept up in this one.
Lightyear - I really like a lot of the sci-fi setting stuff here, but the main plot is pretty vanilla and the characters weren't that interesting.
Brave - I remember not liking the anachronicity of the main character when I first watched it, but on rewatch I think that's fine - the much bigger issue is how easily she's able to change everyone else's minds to agree with her. Also the main plot was a bit frustrating at times and I didn't really like anyone outside of the main character.
A Bug's Life - Pretty predictable plot and characters. Compared to Toy Story, this really felt like it was trying too hard to be funny while TS1 was effortless.
WALL-E - No comment.
Soul - Harmless fun up until the ending, which I absolutely despise. There's probably an anti-abortion reading of this movie, but tbf there's definitely an objectivist reading of Incredibles and that doesn't stop me from loving it.
Cars 3 - It's predictable as hell and I'm not that invested in the characters (pretty damning after 3 movies), but at least it doesn't piss me off.

C tier:

Elemental - The plot is really bland and uninteresting (I expected a bit more intrigue than crappy infrastructure), I hate Wade's character, it feels weirdly essentialist at worst, and at best it's taking the bold stance of "interracial marriage is okay, actually" in 2022. So brave. At least it's aesthetically pleasing.
Cars 2 - I spent most of the movie wondering why the hell they decided to make this movie with cars instead of basically anything else. It's such a strange choice that's constantly distracting. But stupid as it is, it's some inoffensive dumb nonsense, which puts it above the first one in my book.
Cars - Yep, I'm saying it. The first cars is the worst cars. The cloying country soundtrack, the "country livin' is the only real livin'" message, Larry the Cable Guy voice acting, the main character being a freaking NASCAR...it would be difficult to make a movie that more transparently panders to red voters. Yuck.

D tier:

The Good Dinosaur - It blows my mind that they let the director of this movie direct another one (Elemental - an upgrade but still bad). The plot is awful, the characters are awful, the character design is awful, and oh my god please stop playing that meat slapping sound effect every time the main character injures himself in scene, after scene, after scene. And what is with that title? It's not connected to anything in the story and it sounds terrible. At least the backgrounds are nice.

I'm sure we can all agree that I'm correct and this will prompt no discussion whatsoever.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 9 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
9 months ago
so, i finally moved down to Artesia and into my temp place. I have a service dog for emotional support/medical and she protects me from evil sock monkies.

Cute dog!

Artesia sounds like the name of a fantasy kingdom

materpillar
the caterpillar

DirkGently wrote:
9 months ago
Cars 2 - I spent most of the movie wondering why the hell they decided to make this movie with cars instead of basically anything else.
Cars toys made a metric %$#%-ton of money.

I tend to agree with your list from what all I've seen, the main exception being Coco was pretty meh for me. I think I have a similar emotions towards it as you do towards WallE. I get pretty tilted every time late stage dementia gets magically healed (even if temporarily) by the power of Hollywood love for plot reasons.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 9 months ago

To be fair on Elemental its a minority story reskinned to not use any ethnicity so essentially everyone can to some degree relate. I won't say that its their best work ever but I guess the hard part for me is that it felt like they skinned it to be a kids movie but there were very few kid friendly concepts to it. It was a minority story mixed with romance and startup immigrant concepts which are all fine but literally none of those mix with kids in any way. The more I think about it, it really almost shouldn't have been PG just because well I feel like everyone saw a pixar animation PG movie and concluded it was a kids movie but my kiddo was bored out of her mind halfway through it.

If I am being honest though I think you dislike slice of life from some of your statements and in a nutshell Elemental was slice of life mixed with romance interest. It wasn't really plot driven so much as showing off a different world. Oddly I really like slice of life so long as the world / characters are entertaining enough to distract that there is no plot whatsoever.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 9 months ago

Only one quibble with your list: A Bug's Life is at least A Tier. The antagonist is great and I think the overall message is a useful one for the intended audiences. As a former theater geek, I also love all the circus troupe characters, they're such good caricatures.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

materpillar
the caterpillar

On a more magic related topic. I played a couple of games yesterday. First game I played my Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge high CMC. Game was brutal.

t4 Elminster blind flipping into 9 dragons. Following that up with t5 Sorin, Grim Nemesis and scrying Ghalta, Primal Hunger onto the top of my deck. T6 Keen Duelist + Pir's Whim for Cabal Coffers (I'd already drawn Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. T7 Hidetsugu and Kairi put Temporal Trespass on top and Hagra Mauling // Hagra Broodpit Hidetsugu and Kairi (it ate a Deadly Rollick in response). T8 Myojin of Life's Web. Before T9 flash in Spellbound Dragon, Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty, Ghalta, Primal Hunger, and Sifter Wurm (flip Draco to gain 16 life). T9 Temporal Trespass (tapping Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Myojin of Life's Web and Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty for mana because of Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge lol). Also, cast Dread Cacodemon to kill 120 Scute Swarm tokens. T9(b) Interpret the Signs hitting Autochthon Wurm to draw 15. Kill a player and chunk the others low. T10 Heretic's Punishment to kill the other 2 players.

Game 2 turn 9 cast Lazav, Dimir Mastermind. Turn him into Gingerbrute. Move to attacks. Opponent Disenchants him. Response he's a Phyrexian Devourer. Stack a bunch of exile triggers. Lazav, the Multifarious is now Ashnod, Flesh Mechanist. Triggers resolve, Lazav, the Multifarious is now a 67/67 and Disenchant fizzles. Lazav, the Multifarious is now a Gingerbrute. 1-shot my opponent.
Opponent: "I can't believe you run bull**** like Phage the Untouchable in that deck"
Me: Chef's Kiss

DirkGently

Post by DirkGently » 9 months ago

materpillar wrote:
9 months ago
I tend to agree with your list from what all I've seen, the main exception being Coco was pretty meh for me. I think I have a similar emotions towards it as you do towards WallE. I get pretty tilted every time late stage dementia gets magically healed (even if temporarily) by the power of Hollywood love for plot reasons.
According to a Chinese guy who came on a streamer I watch recently, Coco was screened for a bunch of CCP bureaucrats who were staunchly against the afterlife portrayal, but then the ending made a bunch of them cry so they gave it a pass lol. (just googled and Forbes also reported on it, so seems legit)

I mean Coco dies at the end so it's not like she just magically recovers. I don't have a ton of firsthand experience with dementia but my gf's grandmother is pretty far along and she does sometimes seem to flashback. Not as lucidly as Coco, sure, but it's a movie. Anyway I can't say I've seen that as a trope anywhere else tbh. And is dead-father-dementia-riddled-daughter really "Hollywood love"? Is giving her some momentary relative lucidity "magical healing"? When I think of Hollywood love magically fixing things I think Interstellar, not Coco.
ISBPathfinder wrote:
9 months ago
To be fair on Elemental its a minority story reskinned to not use any ethnicity so essentially everyone can to some degree relate.
If that was their goal they massively failed imo, the fire people are so blatantly Chinese coded - Firetown = Chinatown, owning a convenience store, the VAs are Chinese, bowing,
family honor, etc...they're so Chinese that if it was live action they would have been accused of stereotyping.
my kiddo was bored out of her mind halfway through it.
They've got good taste :rofl:
If I am being honest though I think you dislike slice of life from some of your statements and in a nutshell Elemental was slice of life mixed with romance interest. It wasn't really plot driven so much as showing off a different world. Oddly I really like slice of life so long as the world / characters are entertaining enough to distract that there is no plot whatsoever.
In fiction, I think slice of life is fine for short fiction but not for a novel, and I'd apply the same opinion here. If elemental was 40 minutes it would have been a lot better. As it was, I was expecting something akin to, ironically, Chinatown, with the water plot - something nefarious or at least interesting. Instead it felt mostly like a distracting waste of time that made everyone look incompetent.

I also didn't really find their world all that interesting. It just felt like a reskin of modern cities with a cheesy gimmick. And zero interest in the romance as ember was just okay and wade was annoying.
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
9 months ago
Only one quibble with your list: A Bug's Life is at least A Tier. The antagonist is great and I think the overall message is a useful one for the intended audiences. As a former theater geek, I also love all the circus troupe characters, they're such good caricatures.
Interesting, I didn't expect pushback on that one. Not one that I felt very strongly about, and towards the tail end of the marathon so I was losing interest a bit. The villain is fine, his villain speech at the cantina was fun but otherwise didn't stand out (though I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to like Kevin Spacey anymore). The main character I found very stock standard, though. Or maybe I'm just predisposed to hate ants. It's a war in this house, I tell you. I miss my 10th floor apartment sometimes.

I'll admit I'm a little disappointed you didn't have more disagreements :P based on our previous clashes I expected more conflict.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 9 months ago

DirkGently wrote:
9 months ago

Interesting, I didn't expect pushback on that one. Not one that I felt very strongly about, and towards the tail end of the marathon so I was losing interest a bit. The villain is fine, his villain speech at the cantina was fun but otherwise didn't stand out (though I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to like Kevin Spacey anymore). The main character I found very stock standard, though. Or maybe I'm just predisposed to hate ants. It's a war in this house, I tell you. I miss my 10th floor apartment sometimes.
Kevin Spacey is a big oof. I forgot about that. Well, %$#% forget it then, I don't know what to think anymore.
I'll admit I'm a little disappointed you didn't have more disagreements :P based on our previous clashes I expected more conflict.
No lie, I would love to. But my guy, I work 2nd shift in a label factory 6 days a week. You have enough free time to marathon the entire pixar filmography and I just can't compete with that. My options are thus:
1. Half-ass my way through the debate based on vague memories of the given movie and cherry-picked YT clips, then get run over when it whittles down to nuance.
2. Go rummage through my parent's attic for a VHS copy of Bug's life that I know they still have, go thrift up a VHS player and a rewinder, watch the movie, take notes, and then return equipped for battle, at which point I'm still tacitly praising the performance of a known creep and the topic has largely moved on anyway. Also, if previous experience is any indicator, I then get run over when I run out of notes.
3. Look deep inside myself and find that, you know what, I don't actually have any strong opinions on Pixar movies today.

EDIT: If you ever wanna battle about any other specific film that does not star morally dubious actors though, you just name the time and place (probably here). You just name the time then! I'll be there (then?).

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 8 months ago

Do we have a place to post low-effort stupid memes about magic? Is this the spot? Can I make a thread so no one has to have their eyes scalded by the dumb memes if they don't want to?
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 8 months ago

Why doesn't Wall-E get any comments?
I love that movie. Maybe not S-tier but definitely better than some of your A-tiers.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

DirkGently

Post by DirkGently » 8 months ago

Venedrex wrote:
8 months ago
Do we have a place to post low-effort stupid memes about magic? Is this the spot? Can I make a thread so no one has to have their eyes scalded by the dumb memes if they don't want to?
I love dumb memes. Really annoys me that the mtg subreddit doesn't allow them. And freemagic is a real hive of scum and villainy. Idk where is a good place for it anywhere, tbh.

Anyway, I endorse putting them wherever is convenient. I doubt if we have enough throughput on this thread for it to be an issue but idk how the mods feel.

@Dunharrow did you miss the whole WALL-E discourse from a few weeks back? I think everyone has given up trying to change my opinion on it lol.

But yeah I really don't like it much. I find the romance cringey. I find the human characters impressively uninteresting. I find the plot tedious. I detest fake-out deaths and the movie has THREE of them. Basically the only thing it has going for it for me is that WALL-E is cute in small doses, there's a few fun gags, and the animation is nice. Beyond that, meh.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 8 months ago

New megathread? O.O

Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 8 months ago

DirkGently wrote:
8 months ago
Venedrex wrote:
8 months ago
I love dumb memes. Really annoys me that the mtg subreddit doesn't allow them. And freemagic is a real hive of scum and villainy. Idk where is a good place for it anywhere, tbh.

Anyway, I endorse putting them wherever is convenient. I doubt if we have enough throughput on this thread for it to be an issue but idk how the mods feel.

@Dunharrow did you miss the whole WALL-E discourse from a few weeks back? I think everyone has given up trying to change my opinion on it lol.

But yeah I really don't like it much. I find the romance cringey. I find the human characters impressively uninteresting. I find the plot tedious. I detest fake-out deaths and the movie has THREE of them. Basically the only thing it has going for it for me is that WALL-E is cute in small doses, there's a few fun gags, and the animation is nice. Beyond that, meh.
I missed it, I was on vacation I guess
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 8 months ago

Venedrex wrote:
8 months ago
Unless the mods say otherwise,

I'm all for you posting them here
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 8 months ago

Seconded. If not here then where?
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 8 months ago

Memes are allowed within this forum, so long as they comply with the Community Guidelines and promote discussion and engagement. Inappropriate, offensive, or other disparaging or harmful memes, gifs, and images are not allowed or welcomed.

TL;dr post memes, enjoy them heartily, but keep them kosher please.

If it turns out this thread devolves into a meme thread, a separate one will be created and all further posts/memes will be moved there. - benjameenbear

P.S. Yes, we will be watching. And warnings and infractions will be issued for these just as regular posts would.

Dunadain
I like turtles

Big brother is always watching

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 8 months ago

Dunadain wrote:
8 months ago
Ben isn't Big Brother, he's more like Starfleet command. He's just got a yellow shirt and ours are as red as the mod box by which we are disciplined. Better that than devolving back into the darkest days of Sally's situation, I say.

Dunadain
I like turtles

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
8 months ago
Dunadain wrote:
8 months ago
Ben isn't Big Brother, he's more like Starfleet command. He's just got a yellow shirt and ours are as red as the mod box by which we are disciplined. Better that than devolving back into the darkest days of Sally's situation, I say.
I didn't mean anything by it, just found the "yes, we are watching" quote mildly sinister and made a quip about it. MTG salvation is before my time (I act like I know what's up, but I'm actually still fairly new around here).

Edit: Also, it's probably good that memes are allowed here, cause I've probably posted more memes to this discussion than most people XD.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”