Akiri, Fearless Voyager + Zirda the Dawnwaker - Buddy Cops with Swords [Brainstorming]

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 3 years ago

So I'm really excited for the new Akiri - Boros finally got an honest-to-goodness equipment commander - not artifacts in general, not auras AND equipment AND it sucks, but straight up, no kidding, strong equipment synergy in the two most equipment-focused colors.

It's about damn time.

Akiri is really cool. I dig the flavor of her mechanics, I like how she works better in multiplayer than 1v1, and I like her nice trim mana cost, perfect for the ramp-light boros colors. But most of all, I like that she has an activated ability, thus enabling her to partner up with the wise-cracking fox who's an expert in getting kitted out on the cheap.

(free upvote to whoever noticed the pun)

So what have we got to work with here?

Obviously equipment is the first and most obvious thing. Zirda reduces the equip costs, and Akiri protects our voltronned up duo while providing card draw, so long as we have equipment to move around. To take maximum value from zirda we're especially looking for equip costs of more than 1, with 3 being the sweet spot, although obviously better equipment is still better equipment. Akiri wants cheap equipment to have reliable indestructible shields, and easy card draw, which incentivizes cards like Lightning Greaves.

The second thing is that we'll probably want to be hitting 3 attackers when possible, so we can get maximum value from the draw trigger. We don't actually need to connect, so evasion isn't mandatory. living weapon in particular seems like a great keyword to enable this, and Batterskull is perfect since Zirda also reduces the bounce cost. Manlands and token lands also might have a role here, especially with cheap equip costs, to avoid wasting slots on creatures just to trigger Akiri.

Of course Zirda's ability is more flexible than just equipment, so there might be other activated abilities worth including. Obviously there's the infinite mana combos, which are kind of boring but might be fine here so long as we avoid having any effective outlets for the mana. Besides that, there are some ok synergies but tbh I don't see anything that really excites me from EDHrec.

We could use Akiri's indestructible ability more offensively, as a means to play asymmetrical board wipes. Gets pretty tricky if we're playing a bunch of creatures, but if it's mostly just Zirda + Akiri + manlands, then we could fire off a functional plague wind for a cheap 6 mana. So at least a few creature wipes are likely worth including.

Since Zirda isn't technically a commander, we'll probably want at least some protection for it beyond indestructible. Of course hexproof/shroud equipment is great, but some cards (i.e. Toxic Deluge) just can't be avoided. So we'll probably want to have some sort of plan for recurring Zirda, maybe even from exile.

Finally, there's Sunforger, arguably the most fun card in existence. Obviously this is a great card with Zirda, and having dual commanders means we should be able to reliably be able to activate Mistveil Plains, so that's a nice bonus. And it fits nicely into that 3 mana equip cost.

One thing that occurs to me as I'm looking at the list is that we've got:
3 cmc commander
3 cmc partner
a whole lot of powerful 3 cmc equipment (swords of X and Y)

So the curve might be a little bumpy. We're not really heavily motivated to play a lot of 2-cmc rocks since they don't accelerate us into a better turn 3 play very often, though probably at least some are worth it. But I think we're really looking to focus on 0-1 mana ramp. So we're talking:

Sol Ring
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Gemstone Caverns
Mox Diamond
Chrome Mox
Jeweled Amulet
Lotus Petal maybe?
Simian Spirit Guide maybe?
Mox Opal if we have enough artifacts, though T2 seems ambitious. I guess we can run artifact lands?
Mox Amber doesn't accelerate us to 3, but it can make it easier to hold up protection mana.

The sooner Akiri hits, the sooner we can start getting CA to recoup whatever we lost off moxen or whatnot. We're also motivated to run Gamble and Enlightened Tutor to tutor up fast mana to play Akiri or Zirda T2. Finally, any good 2 cmc equipment is gold, so greaves, Sword of the Animist, Umezawa's Jitte all give us something worthwhile to do T2 to set up a strong T4 - for example, T2 SotA, T3 Akiri, T4 Zirda, equip, attack.

So roughly I'm looking at an outline something like this:

Commander 1
Partner 1
Recursion 5
Removal 10
Equipment 25
Tutors 7
Ramp 10
Lands 35
Miscellaneous 7

Input welcome!
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

Akiri, Fearless Voyager is going to be fantastic for Boros equipment. I will definitely be putting her in mine. Probably replacing Mentor of the Meek as he isn't good in a vacuum and I don't like paying for the draw.

I find the idea of using Zirda to reduce equip costs interesting, however I wonder if that's going to be too restrictive. There are a lot of cards I would really miss like Puresteel Paladin, Dockside Extortionist, Hero of Bladehold, Land Tax, Smothering Tithe, Iroas, God of Victory, Grand Abolisher, Imperial Recruiter, Winota, Joiner of Forces. Literally too many to name.

My gut tells me that cutting yourself off from these options is going to gimp the deck too much. We really need all the help we can get in these colors. Yes, Akiri provides some protection and card advantage, but I wonder if that's going to be enough without these other support cards. Skullclamp is likely the best draw engine we will ever get in these colors and it needs some consistent token production to work well. Some of the best ones don't have activated abilities.

I also think it is a mistake to count on your commander and Zirda as some of your only equipment bearers. The best removal in the format gets around indestructibility. Toxic Deluge, Cyclonic Rift, Chaos Warp, and Path to Exile are some examples. With your lower to the ground ramp spells I can see recasting your commander getting to be a nuisance. Man lands might help but aren't ideal in my eyes especially since all the equipment drops off at end of turn.

Also, there are a literal boat load of cards that can prevent combat damage from getting through at all. Running a lot of removal is going to be a must.

Five recursion spells might be a bit much, especially since you aren't running that many creatures. Initially I felt recursion was going to be really good in a deck like this but they are horrible in your opening hand or early draws. You want ramp, card draw, tutors and support cards at this point in the game. Late game it's usually better to simply draw into more gas. I would say there is a narrow list of recursion cards in boros colors that make the cut. One being Sevinne's Reclamation.

As an alternative to Zirda, you can use Puresteel Paladin (which is tutorable with Imperial Recruiter and Recruiter of the Guard), you can also use Sigarda's Aid and Hammer of Nazahn. There are a few other options as well including just not running equipment with high equip costs.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the deck. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Last edited by RowanKeltizar 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

So I definitely think you'll want to run some creatures, given that activating a man land every turn is a hefty cost for, as you noted, fairly ramp-light colors. Living weapon is definitely one helpful solution, though the power level drops off hard after Batterskull. The trick might be finding creatures that work well with equipment that also have an activated ability to satisfy Zirda. Beyond the obvious Stoneforge Mystic and Stonehewer Giant, some more obscure ones might be Auriok Windwalker and Brass Squire, which in addition to cheating equip costs, also allow for instant speed re-equipping, to create some solid threat of activation across your whole board with Akiri, Fearless Voyager. Beyond that, you're looking at stuff like Steelshaper Apprentice, which might be at least worth trying, but is awfully slow (though repeatable).

DirkGently

@RowanKeltizar There's definitely a strong version of Akiri that doesn't partner with Zirda, but I think the sacrifices are worth the payoff in this case. Having another always-available card lets you build around synergies in ways that you can't with puresteel paladin, even with 2 tutors for it - drawing one of 3 cards in a pile of 99 is still pretty low odds. All the other cards you mentioned I think are either kinda generic goodstuff that doesn't interest me, or go-wide synergy stuff that I don't think will fit the structure of this deck and its focus on going tall with equipment. Skullclamp is obviously very strong for a token build, but I don't think it fits with what I want to do here without running a lot of support cards that I otherwise don't want to run. But more importantly, Akiri should also be drawing us 2-3 cards every turn (and more with extra combat steps) - that seems like plenty to keep us topped up, especially since equipment naturally gives us something of a mana sink by optimizing equipment placement. Ofc there are other cards we're going to miss, but I do think there's enough upsides to having Zirda in the "CZ" that it's a justifiable decision. If it ends up being weaker in the final analysis, that's fine. I'd rather try the wackier idea first instead of making a run-of-the-mill equipment deck with all the cards I've already played loads of times.

Besides all that, I just like Zirda, I like the companion mechanic (the original one...%$#% constructed tournament magic), and I'm always eager for an excuse to use it. If that ultimately makes the deck weaker than it could be, that's fine - self-limiting power is already a necessary element of commander. I'd rather do that with a built-in restriction that avoiding cards just 'cause. The deck would also probably be stronger if I built it as Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale, but that's not the deck I want to build.

I think we'll likely end up with some too-good-not-to-include creatures - obviously Stoneforge Mystic and Stonehewer Giant are going to be in there, for example. That picture should be more clear as I sift through my cards (I've done the initial sorting already but I need to do some sorting and paring down). But I'd estimate we're probably looking at ~10 creatures in the deck - enough that we'll have a third creature fairly regularly but not always. Picking up a third from land seems like the lowest cost way to force up the creature count, whether from Kher Keep-type tokens, or Inkmoth Nexus-type manlands. So long as we can protect Zirda, animating say inkmoth and throwing one piece of equipment on should be pretty cheap, and even cheaper if we have something with 0 equip cost. Not a first choice ofc, but for such a low opportunity cost I think it's a solid fallback (alongside only attacking with 2 creatures and drawing 2)

My previous foray into partners with ayli + lurrus, lurrus was never kept off the board for more than a few turns across all the games I played - losing black will make it harder to protect Zirda, so maybe relying on it will hurt the deck overall, we'll see. Sword of Light and Shadow should do a lot of work with the equipment tutors. We'll ofc be running protection via swords and shroud/hexproof via boots, champs helm, etc to ward off targeted removal. Cyc rift doesn't especially hurt Zirda since he just be replayed like any other creature. Toxic deluge (or worse, something like Terminus) is fairly rare, but worth having some sort of backup plan against, hence the recursion. Ultimately I don't think Zirda is SO critical to our plans that it's worth worrying too much about with stuff like pull from eternity, but stuff like SoLaS that's nearly a freeroll as both strong equipment that happens to protect and recur Zirda, should help its longetivity. But yeah probably not much single-shot recursion...I'll see what all I can dredge up. Reclamation is definitely a likely inclusion given the "curve" or lack thereof.

@Wallycaine windwalker and squire are definitely likely inclusions. Steelshaper apprentice is probably too awful to run though lol. If only the mana and activation costs were flipped so Zirda count reduce it...

I'm not going low creature count just for lulz, it's because we're focusing on a voltron-esque strategy that wants to build up instead of out. But if there's creatures that justify their inclusions within that strategy then they'll have a home. That should mean we've usually got 3 creatures available to attack most turns, with manlands purely as a fallback. But it's worth keeping in mind that the total cost will usually only be 3 to activate, equip, and attack - and potentially less - so it's not THAT bad.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

You want to be attacking 3 opponents each combat (in a 4 player game) and there is one thing I've learned about equipment decks is that you need good cheap resilient creatures to make equipment decks work.
This deck is going to need a decent number of creatures. More than you have equipment to give you an idea of where ratios really need to be at.

The idea of using man-lands is going to be horrible in practice, as you have to activate it and then equip each turn, and you'll just have no mana left over to advance your game.
Trust me been there done that.

The "problem" with Zirda as your companion is that you take yourself off a lot of great equipment focused creatures.
No activated abilities;
Auriok Steelshaper, Danitha Capashen, Paragon, Fervent Champion, Godo, Bandit Warlord, Leonin Shikari, Puresteel Paladin, Relic Seeker, Sram, Senior Edificer, Stone Haven Outfitter, Taj-Nar Swordsmith, Tiana, Ship's Caretaker, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame.
Activated abilities;
Balan, Wandering Knight, Kazuul's Toll Collector, Steelshaper Apprentice, Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant.

Alright so if you like putting a heavy stipulation on yourself with Zirda I can respect that. I've made 6 different companion pairing and building around it is part of the fun.

It looks like you've not factored in that you have to spend 3 to put Zirda into your hand, so a Turn 4 casting is unlikely if you cast Akiri. It's more likely that your Turn 4 (or whatever) is spent taking a turn off to put Zirda into your hand. Ahh yes companion is nerfed into oblivion so again expecting to get draw off Zirda attacking is going to cost you a turn or two.

What I would do is have lots of quality 1 and 2 cmc creatures between versatility, card advantage or some amount of evasion. Even though you get the draw if your creatures are killed, that is not card advantage as you lose a card to draw a card: net gain nill.
Here is a list of 1 cmc with activated abilities that I think fit the theme;
Alseid of Life's Bounty, Benevolent Bodyguard, Bloodlust Inciter, Bomat Courier, Burrenton Forge-Tender, Giant Killer, Dauntless Bodyguard, Figure of Destiny, Fire Shrine Keeper, Gingerbrute, Giver of Runes, Goblin Motivator, Goblin Welder, Gorilla Shaman, Grim Lavamancer, Hope of Ghirapur, Insolent Neonate, Kami of False Hope, Kytheon, Hero of Akros, Mother of Runes, Nomads en-Kor, Planar Guide, Ruinous Gremlin, Sacred Guide, Salvage Scout, Selfless Savior, Stoneforge Acolyte, Tin Street Dodger, Vigilant Martyr, Weathered Wayfarer.
Here is a list of 2 cmc with activated abilities that I think fit the theme;
Adanto Vanguard, Bounty Agent, Dismissive Pyromancer, Eight-and-a-Half-Tails, Generator Servant, Goblin Cratermaker, Goblin Engineer, Pteron Ghost, Remorseful Cleric, Restoration Specialist, Selfless Spirit, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Soltari Emissary, Steward of Solidarity, Walking Atlas, Walking Ballista.

As far as equipment you only need 3 equipment on the battlefield during the entire course of the game (if opponents don't remove them) to get the 3 draw.
So obviously you want to be drawing at least 3 equipment during the course of the game, but trying to play into too much of a Voltron theme with Akiri will mean completely blow out turns.

Besides the Swords, these are the equipment I like for this deck. Nice and low to the ground.
Bloodforged Battle-Axe, Bone Saw, Captain's Claws, Conqueror's Flail, Darksteel Axe, Explorer's Scope, Flayer Husk, Infiltration Lens, Lightning Greaves, Mask of Memory, Mortarpod, Paradise Mantle, Sai of the Shinobi, Shadowspear, Shuko, Skeleton Key, Skullclamp, Stormrider Rig, Swiftfoot Boots, Sword of the Animist, Umezawa's Jitte.

Combos; Stoneforge Mystic + Blade of Selves to get 2 more equipment each turn (in a 4 player).

Reconnaissance is perfect for this deck.

DirkGently

I've probably built a dozen or so equipment-focused commander decks, I've got a rough idea what I'm doing.

Without Akiri's ability, I'd probably just all-in voltron and hardly bother with other creatures, so I doubt the number is going to need to be too high, especially since Akiri protects herself. Plus it's not like drawing only 1-2 extra cards per turn is a catastrophe.

As far as companions, some people at my LGS play with the original, as-intended rule. I'm still upset about how wotc handled companion, ugh. Ignoring their %$#% hack to "fix" it, my general opinion is that the card quality is usually flat enough that losing some decent includes - and honestly, out of all the cards you listed the only one I'd definitely want to include would be puresteel paladin and maybe godo, the rest I could see getting cut - in exchange for a guaranteed card in hand is almost certainly worth it. Because of the garbage rar rar I'm so mad "fixed" companion rule, it's likely not worth it. But as you said, it's just fun to build with companions.

I don't usually focus on card-type counts when building decks, but my estimation is that I'll probably end up with maybe a dozen creatures. The deck will likely be pretty voltronny - not sure why that would be particularly vulnerable, given that so much of the good equipment protects her, plus she can easily grant herself indestructible. Except for wanting to take better advantage of her draw ability, I don't see any reason she wouldn't be an excellent voltron commander - she's low CMC, protects herself, has built-in equipment synergy twice over. Besides, it's a lot easier to hold up W than WWW to protect your board.

I mean sure, I cap out draw power at 3 equipment, but what makes more sense as a plan - getting out exactly 3 equipment, just enough to draw the cards, and then needing to find some other plan to actually win the game? Or committing to equipment and using that as a wincon, seeing as we're already halfway there?

Man, everyone really wants to focus on this manlands thing. Fine.
1) I've done it before, in several decks. Is it expensive? Sure. Does inkmoth nexusing someone with Bonehoard win you the game out of nowhere sometimes? Yep.
2) This is with Zirda, which means (so long as it's in play) most of our equips will only cost 1, or 0 with stuff like greaves and Shuko, so the cost really isn't that high - even for more expensive to activate manlands since Zirda makes them cheaper too. With Mobilized District and shuko I'm pretty sure it could be as cheap as completely free to activate, suit up, and attack, and even in a worst case scenario it's unlikely to cost more than 3 mana, and gives us faster recovery against wipes (especially the kind akiri doesn't protect against like cyc rift).
3) It's a backup plan. Not a primary plan. Running a weak creature like Fire Shrine Keeper costs me a spell slot in the deck, running a manland does not - it just hurts my mana fixing, which I don't think will be very important anyway given that it's a 2c heavy artifact deck. Even if I was running 25+ creatures (which I think would likely be a mistake, or at least a very different deck than what I'm planning to build) I'd still probably want to run the better manlands because they're nearly freerolls on potential equipment carriers, even if they're not the ideal candidate.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

Since equipment are so integral to your strategy and have a high density in your list, what about protecting your equipment?

I'm thinking of Vandalblast, Creeping Corrosion, Austere Command, or Rebuild.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

DirkGently

RowanKeltizar wrote:
3 years ago
Since equipment are so integral to your strategy and have a high density in your list, what about protecting your equipment?

I'm thinking of Vandalblast, Creeping Corrosion, Austere Command, or Rebuild.
A reasonable idea, although there aren't a ton of options for that (especially not rebuild, except of course for just replaying them - not a card I've hardly ever seen, although ofc cyc rift is common). The ones I can see atm:
Protection is a great hit for sunforger and probably makes sense for that reason plus the ability to fog, even though it self-exiles. boros charm is probably a solid fallback. Slobad is fine but we can't really tutor him easily and he only saves half our equipment (though repeatedly...at least until you run out of equipment). Soul is solid and somewhat tutorable as an artifact, but it's really expensive, even with Zirda to help out.

So probably just TP and charm would be my guess, but I'm still hashing out the list.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”