[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
I dont get people who get product fatigue from reprints sets… they are reprints afterall. It might be symptomatic of a larger consumerism problem in our hobby not the release itself
I'm in this camp. It's another release. I have finite mental bandwidth and the mental load of having to sort through release dates and what is in them is non-zero. I didn't realize it was a reprint set off the bat. I assumed it was going to be another designed for set with extremely pushed cards for artificial rotation like Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer for eternal. I poked through some articles and then found out it was a reprint. It's not a lot of mental load but I'm feeling a bit of a Haphazard Bombardment on my psyche with this steady stream of stuff.

I really like optimizing, organizing and memorizing facts. I desire knowledge and learning. I like memorizing cards and theorizing. I feel like I'm trying to drink out of a firehouse now a days with this game.

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

I have reverted 100% to just buying cards/getting cards when I want them to go in a deck right now, and that seems to be working. I am not doing periodic updates on any decks except ones that I'm actively building, and Ephara. Most of the decks are just chilling and will get new cards when I feel like it :P

materpillar
the caterpillar

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
I have reverted 100% to just buying cards/getting cards when I want them to go in a deck right now, and that seems to be working. I am not doing periodic updates on any decks except ones that I'm actively building, and Ephara. Most of the decks are just chilling and will get new cards when I feel like it :P
I almost exclusively play on webcam with friends so I just print off cards and slide them into sleeves on top of my actual cards. You can't really tell at all on camera. I do one or two passes of the visual spoiler and then print off a handful of cards. It's amazing how much money that saves. XD

On the other hand I look at every release because I have "access" to every card.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

*me hiding from killer*
*killer* Hotel?
*me* Trivago
*me dies*
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

Last edited by RxPhantom 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

@RxPhantom I would cut Talrand's invocation, Ojutai's summons, and Mizzium Meddler for Serum Visions, Miscalculation, and Boomerang. Imo, you need more spells to feed your devlers.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Who got two thumbs and reserved a polestar2! first new car in 13 years.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@RxPhantom I would cut Talrand's invocation, Ojutai's summons, and Mizzium Meddler for Serum Visions, Miscalculation, and Boomerang. Imo, you need more spells to feed your devlers.
I added those because they were spells that would provide bodies. I was considering them two-fers, even though I'm not in love with Summons especially. I worry that this deck/archetype will contribute nothing of it can't find the delvers.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 1 year ago

RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
I added those because they were spells that would provide bodies. I was considering them two-fers, even though I'm not in love with Summons especially. I worry that this deck/archetype will contribute nothing of it can't find the delvers.
Maybe Mizzium Meddler should be Academy Wall to search for Delvers, or Murmuring Mystic for redundancy.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

I won a arena game because opponent (I assume) accidentally proliferated their own poison counter lol

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Post by tstorm823 » 1 year ago

Dunharrow wrote:
1 year ago
Maybe Mizzium Meddler should be Academy Wall to search for Delvers, or Murmuring Mystic for redundancy.
Maybe make Mizzium Meddler Murmuring Mystic.
Maybe mame izzium meld... crap!
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

There's a serious dearth of good zombie tokens out there, both official and customized. I ended up going with this one because it's from the Innistrad plane and looks alright. I usually try to go custom because they tend to have more character, such as the hippos from Cats and Cantrips, but dang, all the zombie tokens on Etsy were awful.

duducrash
Still Learning

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
There's a serious dearth of good zombie tokens out there, both official and customized. I ended up going with this one because it's from the Innistrad plane and looks alright. I usually try to go custom because they tend to have more character, such as the hippos from Cats and Cantrips, but dang, all the zombie tokens on Etsy were awful.

My favorite Zombie token is one I got from Pre Release back in Eldritch Moon. The one true sad thing is that there is absolutely no flavorfull zombie to be run with Field of the Dead

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

Stained glass window zombie is my favorite of the moment also.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
There's a serious dearth of good zombie tokens out there, both official and customized.
I disagree! I quite like this one, that one, that one there over yonder, and of course this other one too. The field for zombies is waaay stronger too than for most tokens because of their sheer numbers
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

The Secret Lair for walking dead has some good zombies too. As scummy as those products are I feel like you could probably pick up the tokens from that sort of product on the cheap.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

I dreamed that I copied Expropriate last night. I feel like I need a shower.

Am I the only one with a preference for this guy? I dig the eeriness.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 1 year ago

My top 3 Zombie Token
Show
Hide
ImageImageImage
There is just something about the Eldrich aesthetic that fits Zombies so perfectly well.

Jemolk
Compulsive Jank Builder

Post by Jemolk » 1 year ago

Honestly, it's a shame this zombie token is so rare and expensive, because to me, it's the coolest of the lot. Love the art, love the frame, love the fact it has flavor text. In fact, I should just print out some pictures of it and put them in sleeves in front of useless junk cards and use them as zombie tokens. Definitely also better than the ones on Etsy that I saw from Goose's link, too. A bunch of those that I saw were just sexy women with grayish skin. Doesn't exactly scream "zombie" to me, to put it mildly. The stained glass ones are nice, but that's another aesthetic that doesn't mesh well with "zombie" to my mind. Same for the other cutesie art styles.
39 Commander decks and counting. I'm sure this is fine, and not at all a problem.

duducrash
Still Learning

Jemolk wrote:
1 year ago
Honestly, it's a shame this zombie token is so rare and expensive, because to me, it's the coolest of the lot. Love the art, love the frame, love the fact it has flavor text. In fact, I should just print out some pictures of it and put them in sleeves in front of useless junk cards and use them as zombie tokens. Definitely also better than the ones on Etsy that I saw from Goose's link, too. A bunch of those that I saw were just sexy women with grayish skin. Doesn't exactly scream "zombie" to me, to put it mildly. The stained glass ones are nice, but that's another aesthetic that doesn't mesh well with "zombie" to my mind. Same for the other cutesie art styles.

If It is High Priority surely there are alternatives!

Innistrad is too populated for it to FOTD zombies

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 year ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
I dreamed that I copied Expropriate last night. I feel like I need a shower.

Am I the only one with a preference for this guy? I dig the eeriness.
This is my preferred zombie token too. Fits the aesthetic without being too lovecraftian or gigerian and has a nice gothic horror vibe to it.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

Hrmm yes that is in fact a very nice zombie. I currently use a couple stained glass and a couple of the OG Onslaught tokens since I happen to have them. But I will admit they've made several more nice ones lately. I'll have to check out the Walking Dead ones.

materpillar
the caterpillar

I know I'm biased but this is definitely my favorite / most used zombie token.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”