Unreleased and New Card Discussion

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 11 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
11 months ago
You know this past week, i thought about you and your group and wonder how'd you do there with a deck list that had a total value of the cost of a precon i dunno why i thought about that lol
A year ago playing a precon with them gave me a pretty insane winrate, probably 70%+. These days I think precons are relatively reasonable. But if you tasked me to build a deck with a precon budget but as powerful as possible, I'm sure I could make something pretty effective.

That said, I don't really like budget-restricted builds because it's tedious to track prices while building. I'd much rather build set-commander or PDH or whatever so I don't need to reference any outside sources to ensure my deck remains within the limits.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 11 months ago

I think Eldraine will be pretty neat. I expect faeries to be present and it will prompt me to try and play modern and get absolutey crushed about the degeneracy that is going down there recently.

Im somewhat excited about the storyline too. I expect Rowan to be manic and destructive and Will a downer and passive. Hope there isn't something else manipulating her, but I expect jean grey moments from Rowan, that were set up in stx and a manic-depressive dynamic from the twins

duducrash
Still Learning

Lifeless wrote:
11 months ago
The fact that it's already graded really validates my suspicion that it wasn't really distributed randomly in the first place.
I don't think it would be random either, but wouldn't it better for them to rollback the release until the latest releases of the 1st printing? like in the bundles that have 1 collector pack, it would give them an extra week of gambling money

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 11 months ago

Lifeless wrote:
11 months ago
The fact that it's already graded really validates my suspicion that it wasn't really distributed randomly in the first place.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 11 months ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago
"cashier and forklift operator"

Hell yeah, comrade.
Please. We all know the best combination is real estate novelist. Even Billy Joel thinks so.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 11 months ago

Guardman wrote:
11 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago

Hell yeah, comrade.
Please. We all know the best combination is real estate novelist. Even Billy Joel thinks so.
What the hell is a real estate novelist? Is there a John Grisham for the high stakes world of fix-and-flips and HOA drama? That line has always bothered me.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 11 months ago

Guardman wrote:
11 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago

Hell yeah, comrade.
I mean, lol, but mostly I was celebrating the Charlie and the Chocolate Factoryesque vibes of a blue collar worker getting it instead of a business. Sure, it will inevitably end up in the hands of scum, as things of power often do, but tonight I can pour out a can of cold Bud LightTM knowing a fellow working class person got a golden ticket out of poverty.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 11 months ago

kirkusjones wrote:
11 months ago
Guardman wrote:
11 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago

Hell yeah, comrade.
What the hell is a real estate novelist? Is there a John Grisham for the high stakes world of fix-and-flips and HOA drama? That line has always bothered me.
You don't need John Grisham to create high-stakes HOA drama. All you need is the minutes from the last meeting.

I always took Real Estate Novelist to mean an aspiring novelist who is working as a real estate agent until he makes it big.
TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago
Guardman wrote:
11 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago

Hell yeah, comrade.
I mean, lol, but mostly I was celebrating the Charlie and the Chocolate Factoryesque vibes of a blue collar worker getting it instead of a business. Sure, it will inevitably end up in the hands of scum, as things of power often do, but tonight I can pour out a can of cold Bud LightTM knowing a fellow working class person got a golden ticket out of poverty.
I agree. So far, it seems like the best possible outcome for The One Ring lottery.

duducrash
Still Learning

Real-estate novelists probably dont play magic, they dont even have time for a wife.

Its pretty sweet a person got it instead of a company, specially because its like a regular person. Cool outcome.

* I think real-estate novelist does not exist and he and "dave who is still in the navy and probably will be for life" are closeted gay men lying about their lives And sharing a drink over not being able to be free and true to their lives

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 11 months ago

kirkusjones wrote:
11 months ago
Guardman wrote:
11 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
11 months ago

Hell yeah, comrade.
"It was me. It's always been me! I was the fixer-upper this whole time! And you renovated my heart! I can't believe you are looking to flip me now, for some low rent fool, with all the work we've put into this together! You're leaving me upside-down and no other dame will ever want to move in! I'll deteriorate and be left with lousy squatters the rest of my days until finally I'm demolished!"

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 11 months ago

I'll be damned. I knew it was found but I didn't know it was found in Canada. You Canucks might have won this round, but I guarantee the stupid thing rots in an American vault for the rest of its days.

It's rad that a normal guy got the big money though. Typically I'd say lottery tickets are a tax on people that can't do math, but buying luxurious playable cardboard rectangles on the other hand, we can't fault a honest fellow for that, now can we?
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 11 months ago

Commander Masters previews starting. No new cards in the main set, but there are some reprints that I expect to bring down prices (i.e. Capture of Jingzhou). The usual 'expensive cards are mythic, cheap cards are rare' reprint policy looks to otherwise apply - I see Spellseeker at mythic, but Maelstrom Wanderer has apparently been reprinted enough times to drop down to rare. Extinguish All Hope is now uncommon, which is interesting.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 11 months ago

I'm annoyed that Maelstrom Wanderer now has its third art but Karador, Ghost Chieftain is still waiting for a second art.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Hermes_

Mookie wrote:
11 months ago
Extinguish All Hope is now uncommon, which is interesting.
And Arcane Signet got up shifted to uncommon

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 11 months ago

Dunharrow wrote:
11 months ago
I'm annoyed that Maelstrom Wanderer now has its third art but Karador, Ghost Chieftain is still waiting for a second art.
Clear continued anti-Abzan bias on WotC's part.

duducrash
Still Learning

That awkward moment when you realize why they called it Junk.

I really wanted Karador face like its posing for a magazine

duducrash
Still Learning

RFK new Grand Abolisher goes so hard that im honestly amazed they didnt save it for a secret lair. I really need one. Too bad the deck I would run it in is in eclipses that dont showcase foil arts all that great

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 11 months ago

man so many new foils I want Faerie Artisans and Cartographer's Hawk and more :)

C'mon Cosmic Intervention and Deep Gnome Terramancer and Clever Concealment

And if they fail to foil Fellwar Stone I'm going to riot

Hermes_

and finally a rift reprint

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 11 months ago

Oh, dang, good art and border for these basics.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 11 months ago

God I want a Flicker reprint. Stupdily obscure card that just happens to be the linchpin in a Dihada, Binder of Wills deck and has never been reprinted. Can't find it anywhere so reprint sets are my only hope.

Otherwise sweet stuff so far. Stoked to see Finale of Devastation get in here, card needed to reprint desperately.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

duducrash
Still Learning

Medalions, Arcane Signet, Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Jeweled Lotus, Chromatic Lantern, Fellwar Stone, Thran Dynamo.

They got all in in the rocks

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 11 months ago

Nesting Dragon and Ohran Frostfang have not seen a meaningful reprint since they were released in commander decks years ago. These are the commander masters reprints we need, and I am very happy to see. Finale of Devastation and Spellseeker as well.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 11 months ago

Just give me Song of the Dryads Wizards, you know you want to!

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”