Erinis, Gloom Stalker + Scion of Halaster: Live, Laugh, Loam™️

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

My first draft of Erinis, Gloom Stalker and Scion of Halaster. It's a dredge/lands deck with a large toolbox that seeks to flood the board with tokens from stuff like Field of the Dead, Scute Swarm and Avenger of Zendikar, or make my non-token critters indestructible with Ashaya + Timber Protector.

Live, Laugh, Loam

Planeswalkers (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Still deciding if I want the generic good stuff tutors, but I'm not sure what I'd replace them with. As always, open to suggestions!

EDIT - after assembling the pile, pretty sure Harness Infinity is going to get cut. Same with Cultivate and probably Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor in order to put in Scapeshift, Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, Worm Harvest and Noxious Revival. Will probably swap a land (not sure which) for Urza's Saga, as being able to fetch Mox Diamond, Zuran Orb or Amulet of Vigor seems real good.

Would love to find room for Mirage Mirror and Courser of Kruphix, too.

Tags:

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

I would consider Centaur vinecrasher, bloodghast, Skyclave Shade, and Buried Alive. Having a resilient package of dudes to augment your aggro could be useful (you have go to the combat step for Erinis anyway).

I'd also play a %$#% ton more removal and wraths than you currently do. Because your value is mostly tied up in sacred ground, you can afford to be a bit more liberal on the removal front because your actual gameplan doesn't need to consume many nonland slots. Having a ready answer to common nonbasic hate like Blood Moon, Back to Basics, et al. is mission critical. Easy cuts I see would be K Reach, cultivate, Avenger of Zendikar, Burgeoning, and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove. Burgeoning in partcular requires a 45+ land count to be able to do its job more than once ime. I'd also cut the mana dorks for more lands. 39 is kinda low for this strategy. 42-46 is the sweet spot imo.

Other than that, the deck is sweet! Hope it tests as well as it reads!
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

@TheAmericanSpirit got in a game with it last night and you are 100% correct. I ended up with a great board presence, but lacked ways to close the game. Will definitely be making cuts and adding in more spot/mass removal as well as something like Exsanguinate, because sometimes the game just needs to be over.

Or maybe Death Cloud? I would love to do the Necrotic Ooze + Phyrexian Devourer + Walking Ballista combo, but the big black X spells take up less slots. Infernal Tribute is another card I'm kicking around, but Abundance might be better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”