Unreleased and New Card Discussion

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 weeks ago

PrimevalCommander wrote:
4 weeks ago
@CommanderMaster999 I like the card images, but can you make them about 1/2 the size? They are huge :)
If I knew how to do that I would do that.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 weeks ago

Another leak (just art cards)
Unofficial Spoiler Discussion
(This is edited by someone to be front way up and names, also misspelled "kudo")

This is all the legends getting profile arts (but it's not all the legends and may be more, the proof is you don't see the flipwalkers nor Ulamog, Kozilek, and Emrakul 3,0)(though Ulamog and kozilek already got profile pictures in Commander masters on their 2.0 cards)

(Oh by the way this confirms the "Eladamri" card since he's here in the profile arts)

Oh and I can tell you some stuff about the unknowns (especially when you zoom in)

1. The Ibis head aven — we know it's amonkeht from the clothing, so a secondary character from the amonkhet story or a new character we never met. (Best guess so far this aven that sacrfice himself with water magic save Samut and Djeru during "Hour of devastation")

2. Knight with Giant bird — it's either a 2.0 of Tura Kennerüd, Skyknight or a different legendary skyknight from domnaria

3. The fire demon like creature — zoom in and you notice toga like cloth and chains on the wrist so this tells me it's another Elder giant/Titan from theros, and the D&D theros book gives names of the other two and the one that fits this picture perfectly is "Phlage, Titan of Burning Wind"

4. From skin close up a Moonfolk — I'm 99.9% sure who this is, the flavor text of this legend talking can be found on the leaked MH3 card "Aether spike" you get "Genku, Future Shaper". And lore for this is short and sweet, It's Tamiyos husband aka Nashi's Stepdad, (by the way Nashi and Hologram/spirit Tamiyo reunited with him after the phyrexian invasion war in "March of the Machines")
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 4 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 4 weeks ago

The Necrobloom is even more beautiful than I thought!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 weeks ago

:omg: KOZILEK WAS FOUND BY THE LEAKERS

I'm really having trouble debating if this beats one of the older kozileks or not (I'm gonna guess not since other two are 3/3 bigger and have even more back breaking effects, which is either "Annihilator 4" or "Counter target spells for discarding a card with the same mana value as the spell")

But this is still no laughing matter manifest from two players for 4 cards is excellent (bepy default one will be you with your other eldrazi cards or morph/diguise cards you want to sneak in)

But the really reason it's no laughing matter is if you do manifest from your hand…… it's 19/17 P/T for 9 mana (the manifest cards are 5/4's from Kozileks lord ability)

Oh and he brought a friend from theros

The third Titan of four from theros and this one does Lightning Helix on it's ETB or attack

Now how long do we wait for "Skotha, Titan of Eternal Dark" gets a card? Because from the profile picture leak I just showed that's all the legends not DFC nor Ulamog, Kozilek, and Emrakul none of them look like a fit for Skotha.
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

MAGUSZANIN

Post by MAGUSZANIN » 3 weeks ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Boros Titan is very disappointing compared to Uro and Kroxa. No card advantage, and it doesn't affect each opponent like Kroxa so it's a less effective offensive ability.

Like, would it be to much to ask for it to have haste so you can get two triggers the turn you escape it?

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2

Post by Dunadain » 3 weeks ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
New Titan looks mid but I'm glad they're revisiting these, always loved the design of the first two.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 weeks ago

Happy to finally get a Titan in Samut colors. It does look weaker than the other ones, at least in EDH. Not sure if I would run it in my list, but 'half-price Inferno Titan' is certainly worth consideration. I will note that I don't see Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger or Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath played that often, so I would be surprised if this one made the cut. The other two are good in 60-card formats as lategame recursive threats, but that sort of card isn't quite as valuable in this format.

I could see it being good in Modern, which I assume is the intended format - Lightning Bolt and Lightning Helix are more exciting there. Maybe as a 1 or 2-of in Burn? Not really a deck that wants to play 3 or 4-mana spells though. Hmmm... Certainly seems like a nice Cube card, at least.

CommanderMaster999

Too a long time but at last
We finally found a image of "Ulamog, the Defiler"
Proof picture is real
Show
Hide

This authentic picture top right part of this covered up version has a tree in the image it matches perfectly to the picture above
Oh and here's some other cards

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 3 weeks ago

I don't understand why we still get leaks that look like this. We live in an era where everybody has a high quality camera in their pocket at all times.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 weeks ago

About new Kozy: I never wanted Devoid to overwrite color identity until now. It would be a fun theme deck.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 3 weeks ago

Kozilek looks waaay less obnoxious than ulamog or emmy. Honestly pretty weak by modern standards. Sure it's a lot of power/toughness but it has minimal immediate impact and it costs 9. Anyway I hate big dumb stuff so this weak design gets an A+ from me, more like this please.

Flare of duplication seems sweet, Forking a sweet enemy spell is a super fun way to pull ahead but unreliable and hard to keep mana up for indefinitely, so being able to do it without holding up mana is huge. Your stupid Exsanguinate wincon is never safe, ha.

Arena of glory is pretty strong, Above-curve and haste is kind of a bit deal tbh, I'd run it in almost all my red decks now that I think about it. I do love a good utility land and excited to see more of them in more Phelddagrif-friendly colors.

Vexing bauble is uninteresting but I guess it's another ok egg for the pile.

Phlage, I'm sorry, but I can't see her except as a misspelling of Phage the Untouchable. I'm excited they're doing more titans, though, I love the titan template. This one is definitely the weakest (what else is new for RW lmao) - seems insane in limited and maybe for modern, but sorcery-speed bolt sucks as removal especially at 3. And in the command zone it's so telegraphed, you'd be a fool to run some high-value <4 toughness creature into Phlage's turn 3, so as the Phlage player you can probably expect a lot of annoyance and few good targets since you're forced to choose something to target. Blowing removal in order to get value is a terrible proposition on both sides of the fence. But, y'know, in 1v1 it's solid value and board control, so it's fine in those environments maybe.

I wonder if we're getting a full 10-titan cycle, or a wonky cycle completed with either BG and UW, or UB and WG...or if we're just getting 3 ever :(. Maybe it'll be like the sword cycle where they drip-feed us over a decade+...I guess that cycle did also start with 2, so the precedence feels about right.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

CommanderMaster999

Welp this is it tomorrow we start previews of MH3

Final predictions and hopes (reminder theres aproximately 6 mythics and 21 rares not seen from leaks)

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 weeks ago

The cuts for this set will be brutal, I know there are at least

spoilers just "started" and I know for sure there are 5 or 6 karador worthy cards

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 3 weeks ago

Disciple of Freyalise is incredible. An optionally untapped, colored mana producing land that is also Disciple of Bolas? Bonkers. If you're heavily in green and your commander has 4+ power, I think it'll be pretty difficult to justify not running this card.

pokken

Post by pokken » 3 weeks ago

Color me excited for the whole cycle :D What I need is more decks with farking fliplands.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 3 weeks ago

pokken wrote:
3 weeks ago
Color me excited for the whole cycle :D What I need is more decks with farking fliplands.
Don't worry, in five years there's gonna be untapped duals with game ending spells on the front.

CommanderMaster999

Wait a second why doesn't uladek get a borderless treatment?

And soooo…. They made a Gary in the form of Demonic Tutor ….and a ETB

Like that won't be abused

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 3 weeks ago

Shadow of the Second Sun basically feels like an auto-include for a lot of blue decks. It essentially pays for itself with the extra untap step as long as you play it on Main Phase 1.

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 3 weeks ago

Ruiner wrote:
3 weeks ago
Shadow of the Second Sun basically feels like an auto-include for a lot of blue decks. It essentially pays for itself with the extra untap step as long as you play it on Main Phase 1.
I haven't seen Sphinx of the Second Sun much. This is cheaper and more resilient, but it's still a lot of mana for a better Wilderness Reclamation.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 weeks ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
3 weeks ago
Disciple of Freyalise is incredible. An optionally untapped, colored mana producing land that is also Disciple of Bolas? Bonkers. If you're heavily in green and your commander has 4+ power, I think it'll be pretty difficult to justify not running this card.
If this is in the GY, and I have a Ramunap Excavator , can I play the land side?

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 3 weeks ago

yeti1069 wrote:
3 weeks ago
Ruiner wrote:
3 weeks ago
I haven't seen Sphinx of the Second Sun much. This is cheaper and more resilient, but it's still a lot of mana for a better Wilderness Reclamation.
It kinda reads more like a Mana Reflection + Phyrexian Arena since you get the mana on your turn for creatures and sorceries. Which sounds pretty good in that context. I almost think the complexity of "beginning phase" is turning some players away, where reading it like "Untap all permanents you control and draw a card" triggers our value-oriented minds to understand exactly what we are getting and why we want it.

DirkGently

arna kennerud looks pretty disgusting. Copied swords anyone?
PrimevalCommander wrote:
3 weeks ago
It kinda reads more like a Mana Reflection + Phyrexian Arena since you get the mana on your turn for creatures and sorceries. Which sounds pretty good in that context. I almost think the complexity of "beginning phase" is turning some players away, where reading it like "Untap all permanents you control and draw a card" triggers our value-oriented minds to understand exactly what we are getting and why we want it.
You get the untap at the end of second main. You can't use it for sorceries (without other support ofc).
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 weeks ago

Ruiner wrote:
3 weeks ago
Makes my Jhoira of the Ghitu giggle with happiness
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 3 weeks ago

DirkGently wrote:
3 weeks ago
PrimevalCommander wrote:
3 weeks ago
You get the untap at the end of second main. You can't use it for sorceries (without other support ofc).
Shadow of the Second Sun

I am understading now. Reading it a 4th time I see the "at the end of this phase". Who reads reminder text anyway :shhh:. This is part of the complexity I was referring to. I'm sure there are some timing restrictions that require the wording to be like this, or how they wanted the ability to trigger, but when you say "At the Beginning of the postcombat main phase, there is an additional beginning phase" I expect to get those things AT THE BEGINNING of the postcombat main phase. Why does it read "at the beginning", then finish with "after this phase" when it could simply read, at the "end of your postcombat main phase there is an additional beginning phase"? Why trigger at the start and payoff at the end, when it could simply trigger at the end and payoff immediately?

DirkGently

PrimevalCommander wrote:
3 weeks ago
Why does it read "at the beginning", then finish with "after this phase" when it could simply read, at the "end of your postcombat main phase there is an additional beginning phase"? Why trigger at the start and payoff at the end, when it could simply trigger at the end and payoff immediately?
I'm guessing that the rules "need" some sort of event to add the extra phases - every other card I can find is either a spell that adds them, or some sort of trigger that adds them (usually extra combat phases added by an attack trigger).

Seems like it's always been this way - peep the wording on Paradox Haze from a couple decades ago (and Sphinx of the Second Sun is identical). It's just that usually you can kinda skim the text and still end up playing it correctly.

But yeah I agree it reads clunky and sucks.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”