TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 10 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
10 months ago
5colorsrainbow wrote:
10 months ago
Eldraine. The seven heads is kind out there but its laying golden coins and is giant sized playing on the Jack and the Beanstalk story of Jack stealing a hen who lays golden eggs from a giant couple along with the fables of the goose who laid the golden eggs. If not Eldraine only other place it could be would be Ikoria.
Could this be...

Mother Goose?!

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 10 months ago

Massive preview.

A lot of Doctors! The Doctors and their companions are wild Commander material.

And a surprising number of cards from Eldraine, they preview the only planeswalker of the set too.

Ixalan had some spectacular art previewed, that's all, no cards.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 10 months ago

Wilds of Eldraine previews!
  • Restless Fortress suggests we're getting a new manland cycle. I think Shambling Vent is a bit better, but it's reasonable.
  • Talion, the Kindly Lord is an interesting punisher card. I wonder what the best number is - probably depends on the table.
  • Ashiok, Wicked Manipulator has alright activated abilities... but the passive is definitely interesting. There are probably some silly things you can do when your life total is no longer a limiting resource for Necropotence / etc.
  • Cruel Somnophage suggests we're getting more adventure cards, this time multicolor.
  • Moonshaker Cavalry is a white Craterhoof Behemoth (minus haste). White doesn't have any Tooth and Nail effects, so it's a bit harder to cheat out... but you could always just try to reanimate it.
  • Enchantment bonus sheet art is gorgeous, and we're getting reprints of stuff like Smothering Tithe (at mythic) and Rhystic Study (at rare). That strongly suggests the set will have an enchantment theme.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 10 months ago

Orzhov decks are really gonna enjoy reanimating the craterhoof beheMoth I think.

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 10 months ago

I wished these cards wasn't Dr Who themed....

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 10 months ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
10 months ago
A goose clue appears:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
that sound you heard was the cry of people holding to Doubling Season for it's money value
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Sporegorger_Dragon

TheGildedGoose wrote:
10 months ago
A goose clue appears:
She also appears on the other variant image. Imagine if the art from the main set is also just for Doubling Season.

Wait, maybe they're taking advantage of Ashiok being the only planeswalker in the set to reprint Doubling Season in Standard???

Mookie

10 months ago
Wait, maybe they're taking advantage of Ashiok being the only planeswalker in the set to reprint Doubling Season in Standard???
The bonus slot cards are not Standard-legal (note that Necropotence is also in that slot).

On the new Smothering Tithe, there is a reference to 'The Goose Mother', which seems like a likely card name.

Sporegorger_Dragon

10 months ago
Could this be...

Mother Goose?!
Mookie wrote:
10 months ago
On the new Smothering Tithe, there is a reference to 'The Goose Mother', which seems like a likely card name.
fearme NAILED IT! (well, almost)

Still, seeing as all variants prominently feature the Goose Mother, there is still a chance that the art shown will be for a Doubling Season in the main set as a one-off (or am I just spouting nonsense? :rofl: ).

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 10 months ago

Mookie wrote:
10 months ago
I believe we already have its art, from Maro's teaser Image

Mookie

TheGildedGoose wrote:
10 months ago
I just hope it isn't mono-green. Goose God, don't let it be mono-green.
There are two birds on Eldraine so far, and the more relevant one is mono-green, so....

...now I sort of hope the card is just monogreen with '1g, : create a Gilded Goose token'. :P

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 10 months ago

@Mookie the Twitter post these are from do say we are getting another enemy color land set (flavor being in a world asleep the lands have awaken), there will multicolor adventures but not all adventures will be multicolored.

Also of note; Ashiok will be the only planeswalker, the new default for PW cards will be one per set to help them feel more special

Also each of the color pair set archetypes for Eldraine will be themed around a fairy tale with the ones shown being; WU - snow queen, UB - Sleeping Beauty, RG- little red riding hood, WB- Snow White, BG- Hansel and Gretel and UG- Jack and the Beanstalk.

I love love love fairy tale stuff, I got a minor in folkloristics and I'm very tempted to make 10 new decks based on the draft archetypes.

EDIT: Also my adventure deck and food deck are gonna get some more goodies, excited.
Last edited by 5colorsrainbow 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 10 months ago

I really like the look of the 'regular' Enchanting Tales, but these other ones...

I guess I'm just tired of all things anime and our community's preoccupation with it.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 10 months ago

Im an anime enjoyer, but i think these anime alts with anime girls or "waifus" (god my stomach for saying that word) is kinda cringy.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 10 months ago

So it looks like white is getting their Craterhoof Behemoth with Moonshaker Cavalry.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 10 months ago

Decklist

Commander

Instants

Lands

49 Island
Approximate Total Cost:

You are welcome!

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 10 months ago

RxPhantom wrote:
10 months ago
I really like the look of the 'regular' Enchanting Tales, but these other ones...

I guess I'm just tired of all things anime and our community's preoccupation with it.
On the other side of the coin, every time they print an anime set I'm tempted to build an anime only art theme deck. Narset, Parter of Veils|50957 is one of my favorite arts in the game.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 10 months ago

i've controlled my wallet so well during these past two years but every spoiled card for the new Eldraine looks like exactly my thing. Tough Cookie gave me like 7,777 ideas as soon as I read it

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 10 months ago

folding_music wrote:
10 months ago
i've controlled my wallet so well during these past two years but every spoiled card for the new Eldraine looks like exactly my thing. Tough Cookie gave me like 7,777 ideas as soon as I read it
What's it offering that Alloy Animist isn't? Is the food token really exciting enough to make it better than limited fodder?
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 10 months ago

Alloy Animist is a human, ugggh, who'd add one of those to a deck

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 10 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
10 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
10 months ago
A goose clue appears:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
that sound you heard was the cry of people holding to Doubling Season for it's money value
Its a double dip, its also in commander masters, but douboing season holds value no matter what

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 10 months ago

Tough Cookie goes into wordplay/pun.dec along with Honor Troll and Hostile Hostel // Creeping Inn and so many others I cannot think of right now.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 10 months ago

duducrash wrote:
10 months ago
Hermes_ wrote:
10 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
10 months ago
A goose clue appears:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Its a double dip, its also in commander masters, but douboing season holds value no matter what
a couple of the ugys in my group are already planning on selling their copies
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”