Unreleased and New Card Discussion

Hermes_
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Well, whoever wanted Horsemanship, you got it!

I like how its in blue because Horsemanship is basically unblockable. The nice thing is, if LOTR has a bunch of it, the mechanic will start functioning more like flying as time goes on.
Honestly, as a lover of horsemanship who runs Sun Quan, Lord of Wu it's underwhelming to me.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Well, whoever wanted Horsemanship, you got it!

I like how its in blue because Horsemanship is basically unblockable. The nice thing is, if LOTR has a bunch of it, the mechanic will start functioning more like flying as time goes on.
Honestly, as a lover of horsemanship who runs Sun Quan, Lord of Wu it's underwhelming to me.
That's fair. But, I suspect this is just a hint of what's to come in the LOTR set. I suspect that it will be a major set mechanic and feature heavily in the Jeskai LOTR precon.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

back-up is honestly the best ability of all time lol it's so beautiful

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Oh my, Azor's left his little island!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Vertierer
Kabbalisten-Schatzmeister

Post by Vertierer » 1 year ago

Lifeless wrote:
1 year ago
The only thing I don't like about her is that her front side is ridiculously overshadowed by her back
Sounds like my kind of woman.
The mills of god grind slowly

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

My new EDH deck - Hate to see her go, love to watch her leave.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

the deck reveal being 13 minutes if great. I was affraid it would be 4 hour long videos with 12 ads each

Sporegorger_Dragon

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
the deck reveal being 13 minutes if great. I was affraid it would be 4 hour long videos with 12 ads each
DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS! :omg:

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

Elenda and Azor looks pretty cool. Esper sphinx's have a lot of options now. Has a mix of card draw and token production is a nice blend that allows a couple different strategies. Combos with Time Reversal and friends.

Sporegorger_Dragon

PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Has a mix of card draw and token production is a nice blend that allows a couple different strategies.
Best part is that the tokens have lifelink!

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

I was excited for the backup mechanic in blink decks, but if all of them are going to have a "when this creature attacks" ability, then its not actually all that good of a blink target. Not bad, but there are so many better options.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 year ago

Lifeless wrote:
1 year ago
toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago
I'm not scrolling back to see if it was mentioned, but Rona, Herald of Invasion...there's bound to be some efficient way to bust her. The way she's worded you can totally abuse her ability to exile your own stuff and just empty your hand at zero cost.
Yeah it was mentioned with Pestilence at least. The only thing I don't like about her is that her front side is ridiculously overshadowed by her back, even if being on rate for a looter is nuts considering the additional value. I will almost certainly be brewing with her.
Ok well like hear me out. Magical Christmas land, but something like Hullbreaker Horror and bouncing Mox Amber and Mox Opal for lots of mana also draws your deck out. Even if you're not getting a determinate end result like this, something similar let's you sculpt a hand before you flip her, ping her, and play what you have to play to win or land some control. I think there's possibly a pretty strong control deck there. I'm glad she got a good iteration for once.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

Ooh, excise the imperfect goes straight into Phelddagrif.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Dance with Calamity I love this. It is the kind of card that just cracks me up. Like playing your own mini-game of Blackjack. Just big splashy dumb fun that gets the whole table to laugh as you either succeed or fail spectacularly. :rofl: I just am sad that is even or I'd put it in my Kraum, Ludevic's Opus/Vial Smasher the Fierce + Obosh, the Preypiercer deck.

The flavor text, the art, it's just so spot on and hilarious. Innistrad has seen it all.
Last edited by Venedrex 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Dance with Calamity I love this. It is the kind of card that just cracks me up. Like playing your own mini-game of Blackjack. Just big splashy dumb fun that gets the whole to laugh as you either succeed or fail spectacularly. :rofl: I just am sad that is even or I'd put it in my Kraum, Ludevic's Opus/Vial Smasher the Fierce + Obosh, the Preypiercer deck.

The flavor text, the art, it's just so spot on and hilarious. Innistrad has seen it all.
Agreed. I can see this card becoming a favourite of mine really fast. :P

duducrash
Still Learning

The one ally is someone who isn't particularly allied with anyone in a set filled with unusual allies. 🤬

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Has a mix of card draw and token production is a nice blend that allows a couple different strategies.
Best part is that the tokens have lifelink!
Skullclamp and Well of Lost Dreams will exponentially increase the production each turn.

I gotta say though, precons aren't exceptionally interesting this time around, and most new cards are too narrowed for my liking. Ones that intrigued me:

Uncivil Unrest - Not that Chishiro, the Shattered Blade needs it, but I'm thinking about giving it a try, since I also included Spikeshot Elder in my deck..

Path of the Pyromancer - Pricy, but it's a nice hand dump that also adds mana for your new endeavor.

Conclave Sledge-Captain - I presume if I backup the same creature thrice, the effect triggers consecutively. Friend to doublestrike, obviously.

Guardian Scalelord - Will likely proven more useful than Celestine, the Living Saint in a tron deck.

Elenda and Azor - I love Azor, and this new partnership has so many directions, from draw-drain, token, tribal, or just simple control.

Chivalric Alliance/Conjurer's Mantle/Firemane Commando/Bitterhorn, Nissa's Animus/Wand of the Worldsoul - All welcomed white card advantages.

Elspeth's Talent/Rowan's Talent/Vivien's Talent - A PW's biggest strength is always within its non-ultimate abilities, which makes these two stand out a lot more.

Pain Distributor - Vazi, Keen Negotiator gets a new toy.

Hedron Detonator - Prosper, Tome-Bound always gets a new toy.

Rashmi and Ragavan - One of my favorites. I love playing my opponents' cards, it denies them from using it and open windows to cards I don't have. I can see changing my Primari-treasure deck to suit a Temur scheme.

Igzex

Post by Igzex » 1 year ago

Begin the Invasion looks hilarious.

Guardian Scalelord is yet another card I must consider for The Ur-Dragon. Wonder if I can just convince my group to let me have a Living Wish board at this point...

Dance with Calamity looks funny but I wouldn't be surprised if someone found a way to make me hate it too.

For me, Rashmi and Ragavan is not a card I'm looking forward to going up against.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

I think that everything has been spoiled, but it's hard to be sure.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

Igzex wrote:
1 year ago

Dance with Calamity looks funny but I wouldn't be surprised if someone found a way to make me hate it too.
I do and don't want it in my suspend deck
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
I was excited for the backup mechanic in blink decks, but if all of them are going to have a "when this creature attacks" ability, then its not actually all that good of a blink target. Not bad, but there are so many better options.
this makes backup even better to me lol
i'm always vaguely suspicious of blink as a mechanic that seems too meta for the game's setting... i'd love it if creatures were tied to either attacking or tap activation more often than etb effects. the +1/+1 counter already adds impetus to attack so it feels overall more satisfying when the ability's payload rewards that, imo (i also think you should get torpor orbs free in cereal boxes so that's just me)

duducrash
Still Learning

Mookie wrote:
1 year ago
I think that everything has been spoiled, but it's hard to be sure.
Have we gotten whatever makes the 1/1 butterfly token?

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

folding_music wrote:
1 year ago
Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
this makes backup even better to me lol
i'm always vaguely suspicious of blink as a mechanic that seems too meta for the game's setting... i'd love it if creatures were tied to either attacking or tap activation more often than etb effects. the +1/+1 counter already adds impetus to attack so it feels overall more satisfying when the ability's payload rewards that, imo (i also think you should get torpor orbs free in cereal boxes so that's just me)
Nonsense, my Emiel the Blessed deck must be as oppressive as possible and you're gonna like it.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

I don't like Horsemanship very much at all. There are already too many characters on horses without it already (compare to flying). Why do some of them have Horsemanship and others not? Am I to believe Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale is merely an amateur equestrian?
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Sporegorger_Dragon

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Have we gotten whatever makes the 1/1 butterfly token?
It's one of the Plane cards, Megaflora Jungle to be exact.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”