Unreleased and New Card Discussion

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Serenade wrote:
1 year ago
Maybe goofy stuff like those pre-imprisonment Titans flip to sagas (like the new Jin-Gitaxias // The Great Synthesis) that reflect the stories that arose from Emeria/Cosi/Ula. (Or maybe the other way around.)
Ooooh, like either a Saga named Legend of Emeria flipping into Emrakul, or Emeria as an Angel Illusion that flips into Emrakul.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

I suspect it's just going to be:

*Coughs*

Earl, Ulamog's Nephew
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi
Insert cool rules text here
4/4

My guess is the commander is just one of the second in commands or lieutenants, which in Eldrazi terms means it's Ulamogs (manifestation? of his right toe)
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
yo i heard you all like commander reprints
Not the ones they shown so far. Fast mana and extra turn spell, hardly the fun formula.

Venedrex

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
yo i heard you all like commander reprints
Not the ones they shown so far. Fast mana and extra turn spell, hardly the fun formula.
No love for the Ur Dragon?

Don't worry they just wanted to reprint some cards for God-Eternal Kefnet's extra turns. Jeweled lotus for kefnet on turn 1, then follow up with a couple mana rocks and Capture of Jingzhou on turn 3. LOL

In all seriousness though, I'm really happy to see this set, drive those prices lower. I SAID LOWER. I SAID LOWERRRRRR!!!

The lotus and the P3K extra turn spell are the obvious whalebait (plankton?), but hey knock those prices down. Win win. Heck, I have a jeweled lotus and I say reprint the sucker. Sure some of these cards aren't particularly fun, but I'd bet at least 75% of the rest of the set will be full of useful goodies for players that otherwise wouldn't be able to play them.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 1 year ago

The numbering on the set is interesting so far. I'm not a "name and number crunch" fanatic, but it's fascinating that:

- Capture of Jingzhou is 0079, implying there is at least 78 white or colorless cards before it.
- The Ur-Dragon is 361.
- Jeweled Lotus is 396, meaning we've got a much larger set than normal. (Double Masters 2022 was 331 cards, for perspective). I'm suspecting we're looking at ~425 cards.

All that sleuthing tells me that we'll probably get a significant Eldrazi section of reprints. Gavin seemed to hint that the precons don't necessarily hint at or connect to themes of the set (so we won't necessarily see an army of slivers), but it's hard to imagine we have 70-75 cards per color especially since I'd wager the multicolor component of the set will be very similar to the ratio of multicolored cards in Double Masters 2022 (roughly 40% of the set).

EDIT: Also apparently the precons are going for $68 at presale from WotC. Big oof.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

I am generally one for reprints to hopefully keep prices in check but with Wizards just moving the price ceiling up on products that actually have these products its frustrating. I also don't think we need more accessible cheap extra turns. If I had my way we would never see the words extra turn on another magic card and it would be too soon. I own a capture and I haven't played it in the last five years because honestly extra turns are kind of horrible in general. The only extra turns I really have of late is off the back of Teferi, Master of Time and a few of my red you lose the game effects.

I generally don't even look at reprint sets. In fact I don't even know which set we are talking about here lol.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago

Most Dragon decks are boring, Ur-Dragon included. Some of the more entertaining dragon decks aren't even tribal.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

The worst dragon is the new tri color from baldurs gate. Its so hard to keep track of copy tokens. I hope its a design space they dont explore further

ukkuhrmakhai

Post by ukkuhrmakhai » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
The worst dragon is the new tri color from baldurs gate. Its so hard to keep track of copy tokens. I hope its a design space they dont explore further
I built one clone deck Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief, I played it once, I loved the deck and I will probably never play it again because it takes too much to keep track of the all clones. Especially when each one is slightly different so you can't just stick a dice on the card and call it a day.

It is a design space that seems like it plays much better in arena/mtgo where all the tracking is done automatically.

Venedrex

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago

Most Dragon decks are boring, Ur-Dragon included. Some of the more entertaining dragon decks aren't even tribal.
So, would you say they make games really... drag on? :P I'll see myself out.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 1 year ago

Dang, I guess I won't build that Donal, Herald of Wings deck then.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

ukkuhrmakhai

Post by ukkuhrmakhai » 1 year ago

Serenade wrote:
1 year ago
Dang, I guess I won't build that Donal, Herald of Wings deck then.
Donal, Herald of Wings doesn't seem as bad as Miirym, Sentinel Wyrm or Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief since wizards put so may restrictions on it (especially the once per turn) and it has much harder time of making copies of itself. When I've played against Riku decks even with crazy board states it never seemed as much slog and solitaire as Miirym, Sentinel Wyrm, Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief, and Orvar, the All-Form always turn into.

Have a plan to represent the copies before hand, either with just extra copies of the cards you expect to copy with different sleeves, paper to write on, dice or reusable whiteboard tokens since the worst are the Miirym, Sentinel Wyrm players who get a copy that is different in some way and then have to look for something to represent it.

Igzex

Post by Igzex » 1 year ago

I feel attacked...

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

ukkuhrmakhai wrote:
1 year ago
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
I built one clone deck Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief, I played it once, I loved the deck and I will probably never play it again because it takes too much to keep track of the all clones. Especially when each one is slightly different so you can't just stick a dice on the card and call it a day.

It is a design space that seems like it plays much better in arena/mtgo where all the tracking is done automatically.
There is one person in my meta that has a Ivy deck. They use infinitokens (reusable, dry-erase), which seem to work alright. It is a lot of additional overhead though. Definitely a theme that is more arena-friendly.

Serenade
UnderKing

Commander Masters is all reprints? Good, I want NON-foil versions of

Emmara, Soul of the Accord Starter
Yusri, Fortune's Flame promo
Volrath, the Shapestealer
Daxos the Returned
Zegana, Utopian Speaker Guild Kit
All IKO partners-with legends
All OG partners

Mostly I wanted to write down this list.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 1 year ago

Serenade wrote:
1 year ago

[...]
Daxos the Returned
[...]
Good news! Daxos landed before they started foiling the face legends.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Serenade
UnderKing

Oh, dang. I have the oversized one and figured he was all foil all the time. Thanks!

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Serenade wrote:
1 year ago
The medallions. I really want the medallions and I don't understand why they don't make them more avaliable

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

allow me to express my request for reprints as a search: to Scryfall

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 1 year ago

folding_music wrote:
1 year ago
Valid, frankly.

My personal request is foil Song of the Dryads. Really want to run that in Molimo, and the unfoilability of it is infuriating.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

folding_music wrote:
1 year ago
I knew about the 'is firstprint' filter, but didn't know that you can filter by number of prints directly. Sweet!

My random reprint request is Godsire. I'm still bitter that it wasn't reprinted in the Ghired, Conclave Exile precon. D:

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

folding_music wrote:
1 year ago
Can't you just do -is:firstprinting ?
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

I feel like that'd give me different results; I wanted to show how many pricey SHM cards hadn't come back, like the tribal lands, polluted bonds, various weird enchantments, etc

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

@folding_music ah, I think I misunderstood - I thought you wanted the ability to search for reprints in scryfall. As in: "Allow me to express my request, reprints as a search, to scryfall." Or "I'd like to ask for the ability to search for reprints to the operators of scryfall.com". If that makes it any clearer how I misinterpreted your original post.

I guess I'd prefer that they put a higher proportion of reprints into normal sets rather than make reprint-only sets. Reprint-only sets are really boring to me. It's fine if they're commander precons or whatever but when they're draftable sets it means that my LGS will probably end up drafting them and it will cost more $ than a standard set, plus not have any cards I want, plus be less interesting to explore. Though at this point probably everyone on here knows how much I dislike reprint sets =/
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”