A VERY serious deck idea: winning the game by leaving the game (lethal vapors + kardur "combo" aka SAW VII: the deck)

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 3 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Hope of Ghirapur is the same as Kardur, Doomscourge in that it is a permanent effect if you don't have another turn.
I actually think something like Blade of Selves on Hope of Ghirapur and lock opponents out of non-creature spells before you go into Lethal Vapors would be perfect.
Unfortunately, Hope of Ghirapur is legendary.

toctheyounger
Pronoun: he / him

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

I'm tinkering with a somewhat similar area myself at the moment with Blim, Comedic Genius. Not bad santa, that's lame and boring. More just giving people stuff that doesn't care who controls it and sowing chaos. I'm definitely going into the goad route, and Kardur, Doomscourge is definitely going to be the lieutenant.

Damping Matrix - it makes sure your opponents' creatures can't do anything but attack. Thoughts? Suits for me because I can donate it and makes sure folks can only turn creatures sideways, as well as the fact that I'm gonna be cheesing the hell out of Endless Whispers, too. It might be a little corner case here if your meta is creature light though.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 3 years ago

Ran this one a few more times tonight, and I think I'm ready to let the dream die. I kind of managed to get it to work - killed one person, but the other player skipped the same number of turns as me (which actually was lucky or he could have just killed me). Never managed to live the dream of having a game last another 30 minutes with people beating each other to death. Though this might partly be because I keep getting stuck at 3p tables =/

The idea is hilarious but unfortunately I think it's too difficult to pull off. A big part of the problem is that it's actually not THAT hard to avoid taking damage when you're playing carefully. An accidentally key card has been Chandra, Awakened Inferno because she's basically the only source of guaranteed damage - otherwise if they wipe the board, I'm completely SOL, or if they just play careful and wait to draw a key spell to dismantle me. Chandra at least puts them on a clock.

The other problem is that, unless you actually pull off the silly skip-your-turns plan...it's just a run-of-the-mill group slug deck, which is usually the best plan anyway. So it's not nearly as funny as it sounds.

So...cute idea, but not exactly effective and it usually doesn't look that exciting anyway. Overall 2/5 tragically, but more power to anyone who wants to try to live the dream.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”