2 months ago
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
2 months ago
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!

THE PRECONS….ARE INTRODUCING!!!……
SPOILER
Show
Hide
ENEMY ODYSSEY FILTER LAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS!!!!!!!!
Of all the enemy dual cycles to complete, this is the one they chose? Genuinely feels like trolling.
how i put them as the budget versions of those lorwyn filter lands

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 2 months ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 months ago
Of all the enemy dual cycles to complete, this is the one they chose? Genuinely feels like trolling.

Really ? What are we missing? I would like the ones from BFZ that have dual typing and ETB untapped if you have 2 basics, bur these are also fine

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 2 months ago

Meh, really don't like unfinished land cycles, even if the cycle isn't that good, the monkey pattern recognition part of my brain wants to see it completed.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 2 months ago

duducrash wrote:
2 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 months ago
Really ? What are we missing? I would like the ones from BFZ that have dual typing and ETB untapped if you have 2 basics, bur these are also fine
Tangos and bicycles. Notably, typed duals.
Dunadain wrote:
2 months ago
Meh, really don't like unfinished land cycles, even if the cycle isn't that good, the monkey pattern recognition part of my brain wants to see it completed.
I feel you. One of my favorite things about the Abzan wedge is that you can run the full suite of Horizon Canopy, Nurturing Peatland, and Silent Clearing. There's no Dimir one yet, obviously, so I feel like a dork running Peatland, Waterlogged Grove, and then a random Dimir dual in Sultai Lands. I do like that they completed a cycle... 20 years later, but the other options feel more relevant.

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 2 months ago

I never played Fallout, and just know some things about the setting and Deathclaws. Did they pull characters from different games or did they stick to one?

A friend of mine would be very happy about this set... if he played Magic after all.

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice

Post by Avacyn Believer » 2 months ago

cheonice wrote:
2 months ago
I never played Fallout, and just know some things about the setting and Deathclaws. Did they pull characters from different games or did they stick to one?

A friend of mine would be very happy about this set... if he played Magic after all.
It looks like to be across all the games, including the MMO Fallout 76. Might be good time to get your friend into Magic with these decks :grin:
Faith Requires Sacrifice
MTGNexus Primer | Archidekt | Church of Avacyn

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Avacyn Believer wrote:
2 months ago
cheonice wrote:
2 months ago

It looks like to be across all the games, including the MMO Fallout 76. Might be good time to get your friend into Magic with these decks :grin:
Thanks.

Yeah, don't think we will find time for that. He lives across the country and both of us became fathers recently. No time to actually play, but a lot of time to brew while being nap-trapped.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 2 months ago

Codsworth, Handy Helper looks solid for voltron builds
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Dunadain
I like turtles

Damn, Ravages of War reprint in a precon?

@3drinks is never gonna let us hear the end of this.

Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice

Dunadain wrote:
2 months ago

This I don't understand, in a precon?! That is horrible card to introduce to anyone new.
Faith Requires Sacrifice

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 2 months ago

Dunadain wrote:
2 months ago
Avacyn Believer wrote:
2 months ago
That is horrible card to introduce to anyone new.
It's a collector's booster thing.

That said, yee haw, y'all.

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice

TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 months ago
It's a collector's booster thing.
Oh, so the boosters will have cards not in the decks? I assumed that it was all just the same pool of cards. Curious.
Faith Requires Sacrifice

Dunadain
I like turtles

Hermes_

Dunadain wrote:
2 months ago

gonna sell CBs

Hermes_

TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 months ago
Inventory Management is not only good and interesting but is also incredibly flavorful.
why this not white?

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 2 months ago

Stuff that stands out to me:
  • Codsworth, Handy Helper is a nice support piece for aura and equipment decks - I don't think it's amazing, but white doesn't have many mana dorks. Colossus Hammer shenanigans are always amusing.
  • Nuclear Fallout is a big board wipe and a burn / mill spell. It's no Torment of Hailfire, but more flexible than Black Sun's Zenith.
  • Veronica, Dissident Scribe is an interesting sidegrade to Inti, Seneschal of the Sun that I may want for my cube. Less aggressive, but more value.
  • Alpha Deathclaw is somewhat generic, but it's a fine inclusion for any deck that can play it - seems like an upgrade over Noxious Gearhulk.
  • V.A.T.S. is a flexible split-second removal spell. I expect it to result in the occasional blowout.
  • Desolate Mire and the other filters finally complete the cycle. I have somewhat mixed feelings about it being completed in a supplemental set, but it's also not a cycle I'm interested in playing, so meh. It feels like they're too weak for Standard these days, but I guess they don't want to downshift them to uncommon? Hmmm... Hoping we see more completed cycles in the near future.
  • Well Rested and Yes Man, Personal Securiton look interesting for Samut. Humble Defector is one of the best cards in that deck, so it's very nice to see more tap-based card draw.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 months ago

duducrash wrote:
2 months ago
I don't usually play more than 2 collours, other than Karador, Ghost Chieftain of course, so the fixing part part I ight be undervaluing . But I think the triomes are worse than the surveil lands if you never or almost never cycle
Cycling on triomes is very close to irrelevant, and not just because of the high cost. When I'm playing a 3c deck with 9 fetches, odds are very high that I fetch my triome within the first couple turns. And if I draw the triome before I can fetch it, it's probably early, so I probably want to be playing my lands, not cycling them.

I honestly think if the cycling cost was 1, they'd only be a little bit better. But being able to always get all 3 colors off your first fetch is pretty stellar utility.

I also think surveil isn't that great early in the game, which is the time you want to be fetching your triome. It can be, if you desperately need to hit another land drop, but in general there shouldn't be very many "misses" in your deck during the early turns. It's mostly later in the game, when you don't want to draw lands, mana rocks, etc, that being able to surveil past them becomes more valuable.

Both lands are very good. But I can imagine 3c decks where surveil duals don't make the cut, and I can't imagine that for the triome.
TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 months ago
duducrash wrote:
2 months ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 months ago
Tangos and bicycles. Notably, typed duals.
I'd take these lands over tangos any day of the week and twice on sundays. Especially with the surveil lands just released, the crappier dual-typed lands are less relevant than ever. Even for those who don't have the budget for ABUs, you've got shocks, triomes, and surveils - you'd need to be fetching a lot to use up all of those. And by that point, fixing probably isn't relevant. You're better off fetching basics in case of blood moon or whatever.

The odyssey lands are still, afaik, the only lands that let you turn colorless mana into colored mana 1:1 (Great Hall of the Citadel can, but only for legends). That's a valuable tool for certain decks, if they want to run colorless lands but also have some tricky mana requirements. Less of a thing for 3c decks, but for 2c decks running a fair number of colorless utility lands to capitalize on their more relaxed color requirements, filtering that colorless is nice utility. ODY filters aren't something I'd run in every deck, but I don't think they're useless by any means.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 2 months ago

When do spoilers for Cowboys of Moo Mesa start?
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

RxPhantom wrote:
2 months ago
Isn't there a preview panel this friday?

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 2 months ago

cheonice wrote:
2 months ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 months ago
Isn't there a preview panel this friday?
First look for stores is Saturday, then typically fully spoilers start ~ a month later
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 2 months ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 months ago
Did this come before or after Street Sharks? Definitely after Bucky O'Hare. Man. You just unlocked a vault.

Hermes_

If a land cycle is completed but no one plays it is it really completed?

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
2 months ago
If a land cycle is completed but no one plays it is it really completed?
I really don't get why everyone craps on the ODY filters, when signets are the most popular mana rocks of all time bar sol ring and arcane signet. Sure, ODY filters can fail due to lack of input mana in a way that signets generally can't, but unless you're going weirdly deep on them it's not really an issue.

Imo they're the most exciting spoiler from the set so far =/
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 2 months ago

We'll get them in-universe soon enough. They can throw them into anything or reprint them in Commander Masters 2 or MH3.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”