Predictions galore

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
People that put mayonnaise on their hamburgers are BANNED from Commander.
Only if people who put ketchup on hot dogs are banned as well. :teach:

Personally I hope that it is Hybrid mana since how hybrid works in commander is not how it is intended to work. Instead of being both, hybrid mana was meant to be an either or.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
The RC has announced that those who put pineapple on pizza are banned from commander.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Vessiliana
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Vessiliana » 1 year ago

Please, please, not hybrid! The way it works now is totally fine. I simply hate the idea that I could use a Red Elemental Blast on the Enchanted Evening cast by the mono-white player. But I could. Because Enchanted Evening is always and everywhere a blue-and-white card. It doesn't matter what mana I used to cast it. There are plenty of ways to avoid using any mana at all. But it is a blue-and-white card, and it always will be.

Anyway, when do we find out the reason for the meeting?

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 1 year ago

Unban Balance|4ed and Recurring Nightmare you cowards. Perfectly fair and reasonable cards, yep.
JovialJovian wrote:
1 year ago
I'd much rather they actually enforce rule 10 consistently, and disallow Companions. Then Lutri, the Spellchaser can be unbanned.
Hey! You leave my Obosh, the Preypiercer alone........ Gut, True Soul Zealot would be awfully lonely without his BFF! You wouldn't make a poor goblin cry, would you? :cry: On a more serious note, companion is fine, they have legitimate build restrictions that most of which make your deck worse and then they have a steep extra cost just to draw them. They're fine.
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

I think allowing hybrid mana would really muddy the waters when it comes to color identity. I think less enfranchised players would be confused by it. From a gameplay perspective, I'd bet that the RC doesn't even like it, but that's part of the ruleset that comes with this format.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

BaronCappuccino
Answers: 1

Post by BaronCappuccino » 1 year ago

This news seems like more than just a rules change or a banlist change, because I doubt either of those require a full joint session of congress to handle. Seems like whatever changes are more structural/backend than the level of Commander we interact with.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
The RC has announced that those who put pineapple on pizza are banned from commander.

Im devastated to hear my local pizzaiolo wont be playing commander. I'll order extra pineapple to ease his feelings

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

No more 100 card limit; put your entire singleton collection into your deck.

Alternatively:

New deckbuilding limit: 200 cards minimum. Have fun shuffling.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Wouldn't mind they ban Mana Crypt and Jeweled Lotus. If they also ban classic dual lands, that'd quell a lot of noises too.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

moi wrote:The "meh" range:
RC personnel shakeups
Not even properly RC shakeups. The mehest of meh.
Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Wouldn't mind they ban Mana Crypt and Jeweled Lotus. If they also ban classic dual lands, that'd quell a lot of noises too.
Oh yeah, I'm sure if they ban a bunch of cards people have spent a ton of money to acquire, everyone will be super quiet about it.

Dual lands aren't hurting the format in any significant way anyway. They're nice to have, but the strength of a deck never turns on having dual lands. You could make an argument for mana crypt, though you'd probably need to ban sol ring too which would piss off everyone. If sol ring didn't exist as the format's largest staple, mana crpyt would likely have gotten banned though.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

there's read-the-room reasons not to ban fast mana, too. every thread by enfranchised players here has someone complaining about the length of a four-player game, or "bad players" stalling - people clearly WANT the game to be more explosive and if Crypt-like stuff vanished you'd have to spend even longer locked in yr favourite game >:3

(the big consistency thing I'd get rid of would be fetches, which I find excessive, but they're a pillar of every format they enter immediately. and it's a better idea to call for a subformat with no searching. i think deck accuracy is a lot more egregious than random mana boosts and you don't see much Dark Rit/Mana Vault/Culling the Weak)

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

Well, whatever it turns out to be, we can sleep safely knowing they're reasonable enough people to backpedal/pivot away from doing anything too dramatic. They're not micromanagers of the format, so when they say "big change", the reality is probably far more muted than our wildest imaginings. I'm beginning to suspect this whole thing will be a nothingburger, which increasingly feels like a relief after reading this thread twice over.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

@TheAmericanSpirit the announcement was already made and it was basically nothing. Other thread has the details but they'll put you to sleep.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 1 year ago

I understood the comment to be that there was a potential action (ban/rule change) that had only just come up and they wanted to discuss it urgently. That may have been a "big deal" if the RC committed to it, but they did not. I believe that was the cooling heads prevailing and not banning *insert card(s) here*.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
Dual lands aren't hurting the format in any significant way anyway. They're nice to have, but the strength of a deck never turns on having dual lands.
Yes, except people repeatedly asking for dual lands to be reprinted, as if they couldn't survive on other very viable options. The same could be said about a lot of imbalanced cards, the complaints are getting tiresome, so might well shut down the duals before most of the community get their hands on them. (And yes, I don't think they will ever ban the duals, I'm just venting.)

It was never a good idea to introduce artifacts that could produce more mana than its cost to this format. It was understandable back in the days when EDH was consisted of many high cc cards, it's no longer the case, so might as well ban them. Now, I understand that rule #0 can always negate the ban list, but with the ban list installed at least players would be prepared to bring an extra deck that abides the committee rule in case they play against new people. Every little bit help.

But no, I doubt they'd ever risk that much anger from players. I own all of the cards above, don't mind stop using them, but I know not everyone can be as calm about the aforementioned changes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”