Rayami, Blood Sacrifice

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

Mostly posting this so I can reference it.

The first thing that I thought about when Rayami, First of the Fallen was printed focused on one primary interaction: sacrificing creatures as a cost in order to add blood-countered abilities via direct replacement effects such that the entire purpose of the sacrifice is the cost itself. As this type of gameplay action is entirely unreactable, so long as a relevant ability is in play and your opponents suspect/see a sacrifice outlet you can act as though Rayami already has the ability. Barring some other purpose, Path to Exile on Rayami with Gladecover Scout is nearly the same as if it were already exiled with a blood counter. I additionally focused on having a low curve of creatures and due to my reliance on the sacrifice effects, I have a lot of redundant abilities.

The downside to Rayami is closing out games quickly, because there are literally no creatures in these colors with doublestrike. I find +1/+1 counters to be the most resilient because the counters are not on a second card, and are just as difficult to disrupt.
Rayami sacrificed ability volton

Other sources of increased power

Destroy the Board, reap the Reward

Approximate Total Cost:

Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”