Unreleased and New Card Discussion

EonAon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by EonAon » 1 year ago

RedCheese wrote:
1 year ago
SO much crazy stuff. Multani + Yargle killed me
If there was a commander to be voltroned its that one.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Man, I wish these team ups were allies… It has the feel

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

i hope ephara gets compleated:p

New thalia looks like my dream abzan lands commander and may usurp my plans to build thrasios tormod

New Heliod is great

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 year ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
folding_music wrote:
1 year ago
set is really good. "phyrexian" creature type is awful, particularly cos they didn't print anything that targets phyrexians
Remember when most creature types were just there for flavor, and we didn't need to have a tribal deck for literally every single type to ever exist?

Phyrexian farm remembers.
They said (for All Will Be One) that Phyrexia tribal effects where too powerful and you lost the archetype/deck as 80% of the creature types being Phyrexia so there wasn't any reason to not run Phyrexia tribal effects in every deck.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
New thalia looks like my dream abzan lands commander and may usurp my plans to build thrasios tormod
I'll start a thread in general. I am hyped.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

New Jin-Gitaxias // The Great Synthesis is crazy.

People often complain about Blue being the best color in magic, and while it's arguably the best color to ADD to your deck, Mono blue has always felt like the second weakest monocolor to me, and with all of the attention white has been getting recently that might even change.

Still, this card is so darn cool that I might make it anyways.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

The power creep on these team ups is wild as hell.

Our group will be hyped to add new cards to the Planchase deck since we use one a lot. Not so hype to have to buy a full set of decks for get them, but these are bound to be pretty cheap on the secondary market.

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

Hold on, I hadn't looked at the commander spoilers yet.

Only a few days ago I was talking about how i'd like to play Goblin Rabblemaster and co. in commander, I even brewed up a meme Ardoz, Cobbler of War deck, but now their might actually be something with Goro-Goro and Satoru.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

I just hope nobody thinks I'm going to play planechase with them.

Because I'm not.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 1 year ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
I just hope nobody thinks I'm going to play planechase with them.

Because I'm not.
That's fine, they can play with me.

These spoilers look soooo great snd creative! Wasy better than ONE. Slimefoot and Squee are just adorable <3

duducrash
Still Learning

Chandra, Hope's Beacon seems strong. Until next turn rocks, the static is super strong. Mv 6 is a lot

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

Love me some planechase, very excited to see it return! The team ups are cool, but none of them really speak my language outside of Slimefoot and Squee. That card rules.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 1 year ago

I know they're not from the same plane, but I would have loved to see Thalia, Guardian of Thraben combined with Ruric Thar, the Unbowed.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Oh, lord. Is there going to be a Phyrexian Erebos?
If I had to guess based on last known lore I'd say no. Heliod was the god on Theros most prone to choking on his own hubris having murdered Elspeth out of jealousy for her adoration, and thus is probably the most easily turned.

Still you never know.
Yeah, it's my understanding that Erebos just wants to vibe.
I just read the flavor text on Tranquil Cove. Sounds like the whole pantheon could well be dripping in oil.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago

If I had to guess based on last known lore I'd say no. Heliod was the god on Theros most prone to choking on his own hubris having murdered Elspeth out of jealousy for her adoration, and thus is probably the most easily turned.

Still you never know.
Yeah, it's my understanding that Erebos just wants to vibe.
I just read the flavor text on Tranquil Cove. Sounds like the whole pantheon could well be dripping in oil.
Hmm. If I had to guess, he'll be Rakdos, if he follows Heliod's pattern. Look what they did to my boy.

duducrash
Still Learning

I read on twitter they didnt compleat the gods, they compleated their devotees which in turn compleated them, unless different gods are in diferent areas I assume they will swipe up at the same time

TheTuna

Post by TheTuna » 1 year ago

NZB2323 wrote:
1 year ago
I know they're not from the same plane, but I would have loved to see Thalia, Guardian of Thraben combined with Ruric Thar, the Unbowed.
Oh man, that's evil. I love it! We can dream.
Current Commander Decks
Show
Hide
Giada, Rigo, Marchesa Knights, Liesa, Shroud of Dusk, Mangara, the Diplomat, Council of Four, Djeru mono-W Superfriends, Ashnod, Flesh Mechanist, Tasha

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago
Lots of interesting info in the lands' flavour texts. My favourite has to be Bloodfell Caves|MOM though. Is this whole thing just because Elesh Norn really wants to get high? Are you doing okay Elesh buddy?

I̭̗͑͟ ̧̬̙͙̩ͩͦ̚w̥̹̎̂͠i̴̬̭̗͉̘̹̾l̵͈̦͓̳̳̲̙̆̃͌̽l̢͎̣̭̤̘͈̔̄ ̲͓̎͝s̢̠̞̞̲̣͍ͤͬn͙͍͔̝̼̤̪ͯ̿̀͡ȯ̷̯͇ͧr̸̭̭̰̜̼̣̫̱ͪ̎̄ͫt̗̬̬ͤ͗̐́ ̞̺̰̜̞̪͗̕a͇̫̼͈̗̾͌̆̉́l̜̯̲͚͙͉̤̦̀̚l̢̤͇͔̳̥̒̋ ̧̣͇̯͚͛͒̃̚t͔̝͚͇̹ͧ̐͟h̬̻̱̬̫͚̪̊̍͆͋̀e̖̣͓̝̼ͭͩ̆͜ ͖̪͈̭͚̾̊͠ͅc̠̦̰̝͔͂̕o͐ͤ̎̏҉̻͚̠k̛̯̱̙̬̘̺̥̘ͦ̆̃ę̬̫̔̍͂̂ ̟̭̰͙̀̒́i̸̗͈̬̪͖̠̜ͯ̀ͮ̌n̡͔͉͖̮͗ͮ ̴̖͈̺̥̼͔̆P̥̭̞̟̖͙̘ͬ̾͝h̢̯̰̎̈̀y̼̞̮͚͌̄̋̀͞r̡͉̬̼͙̞ͪͅe̴̜̰ͧ̑̀x̆̐ͧ̋͏͍͚̥i̙͇̪̜̣̹̦̰ͭ̀a̵̺̩̋ͩ
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 1 year ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago
Lots of interesting info in the lands' flavour texts. My favourite has to be Bloodfell Caves|MOM though. Is this whole thing just because Elesh Norn really wants to get high? Are you doing okay Elesh buddy?

I̭̗͑͟ ̧̬̙͙̩ͩͦ̚w̥̹̎̂͠i̴̬̭̗͉̘̹̾l̵͈̦͓̳̳̲̙̆̃͌̽l̢͎̣̭̤̘͈̔̄ ̲͓̎͝s̢̠̞̞̲̣͍ͤͬn͙͍͔̝̼̤̪ͯ̿̀͡ȯ̷̯͇ͧr̸̭̭̰̜̼̣̫̱ͪ̎̄ͫt̗̬̬ͤ͗̐́ ̞̺̰̜̞̪͗̕a͇̫̼͈̗̾͌̆̉́l̜̯̲͚͙͉̤̦̀̚l̢̤͇͔̳̥̒̋ ̧̣͇̯͚͛͒̃̚t͔̝͚͇̹ͧ̐͟h̬̻̱̬̫͚̪̊̍͆͋̀e̖̣͓̝̼ͭͩ̆͜ ͖̪͈̭͚̾̊͠ͅc̠̦̰̝͔͂̕o͐ͤ̎̏҉̻͚̠k̛̯̱̙̬̘̺̥̘ͦ̆̃ę̬̫̔̍͂̂ ̟̭̰͙̀̒́i̸̗͈̬̪͖̠̜ͯ̀ͮ̌n̡͔͉͖̮͗ͮ ̴̖͈̺̥̼͔̆P̥̭̞̟̖͙̘ͬ̾͝h̢̯̰̎̈̀y̼̞̮͚͌̄̋̀͞r̡͉̬̼͙̞ͪͅe̴̜̰ͧ̑̀x̆̐ͧ̋͏͍͚̥i̙͇̪̜̣̹̦̰ͭ̀a̵̺̩̋ͩ
LOL. Halo is my least favorite plot device that's been created by the WOTC story team. Like, wtf is this supposed to do? And why do we even care that Capenna is the only place for this stuff? Can't we extract the essence of Angels in pretty much any plane ever?

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

benjameenbear wrote:
1 year ago
DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
toctheyounger wrote:
1 year ago

LOL. Halo is my least favorite plot device that's been created by the WOTC story team. Like, wtf is this supposed to do? And why do we even care that Capenna is the only place for this stuff? Can't we extract the essence of Angels in pretty much any plane ever?
Lol, sir, Wotc needs a tool to undo all the glistening oil in the multiverse in one fell swoop. So either, Chandra going nuclear, or Elspeth going nuclear with her newfound abilities or both, purging the multiverse of oil. Sorry America. Then Tyvar punches the now awkwardly weak Phyrexians in the face and we go to Eldraine. That's a wrap everyone. Without the oil, all pws who were infected either still keep their metal bodies or are restored because we actually kind of need our main characters. Yeah that halo, everyone is going to get a taste. That sounded weird, um, don't bring red solo cups to the prerelease *nervous corporate laughter*.

Oh, almost forgot, Urabrask is the new Ugin for the Phyrexians, and he rules over the now unoiled ones promising to keep them under control in the medit... I mean New Phyreixa. See you in 30 sets when we want more phyrexia sales. Did I do it right?

I know, storytelling like this is hard to find. I would expect nothing less from our brilliant Wotc. But, we still will kill one of the big ones for real so we have stakes. So, Jace, Chandra, Nissa, Elspeth, you are in line for a noble sacrifice.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

It's been 48 hours since the last previews, which means it's time for MORE PREVIEWS.

No new stuff this time, at least - just reprints for Commander Masters (which I thought was every masters set, but...).

...anyway, I guess I won't complain about a Jeweled Lotus reprint, if only to see if that increases the chance of it being banned.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

Mookie wrote:
1 year ago
It's been 48 hours since the last previews, which means it's time for MORE PREVIEWS.

No new stuff this time, at least - just reprints for Commander Masters (which I thought was every masters set, but...).

...anyway, I guess I won't complain about a Jeweled Lotus reprint, if only to see if that increases the chance of it being banned.
It also includes 4 commander decks. Azban enchantments (which has needed a commander), Colorless Eldrazi (helmed by Ulamog), 5-Color Slivers, and the aptly named Jeskai Planeswalker Party helmed by the most powerful planeswalker of all time, Commodore Freakin' Guff.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

It's patently obvious that Teferi will wibbly wobbly timey wimey this. I sure would like to see Bolas released from his meditation realm to fight the Phyrexians in a "the devil you know" type situation, though.

Also GOOD %$#%$#% an Abzan Enchantments deck? Have I died and gone to visit my ancestors? 2023 is the Year of Junk. I for one welcome our new Abzan overlords.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Guardman wrote:
1 year ago
Mookie wrote:
1 year ago

It also includes 4 commander decks. Azban enchantments (which has needed a commander), Colorless Eldrazi (helmed by Ulamog), 5-Color Slivers, and the aptly named Jeskai Planeswalker Party helmed by the most powerful planeswalker of all time, Commodore Freakin' Guff.
Long have we waited. So stoked for a Abzan enchantments deck.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Mookie wrote:
1 year ago
Cards like Jeweled Lotus should never have been created, and I won't feel sorry if it gets banned.

What makes me happy though, is Eldrazi Unbound and Planeswalker Party precon. The latter because... OMFG, is that Commodore Guff??? He is, after all, Jeskai colored as seen on Wild Research. (You see his attire in Planeswalker's Mirth.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”