Unreleased and New Card Discussion

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 1 month ago

I should note on Jasper he's more nuts than what meets the eye

Because on further inspection he will trigger and get atleast 1 no matter what, (he doesn't say "other outlaws")

Oh by the way

Viashinos are being errata'd to lizard

So one clearly pointed out he Jasper is actually suppose to be a "Viashino rogue"

But for me this is great this is easily a "naga" errata'd to "snake" situation since they are more lizard like. Plus bloomburrow will be doing a minor typal of each its types one of which is lizard. So lizards already get a advantage with the viashino cards.

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 month ago

Huh! Quite a place to reveal that.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 month ago

I know I'm late to the party but Obeka Initiative deck sounds just annoying enough to be fun. Running the Undercity every combat really tickles my fancy.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 month ago

Uncle_Krupi wrote:
1 month ago
Jem Lightfoote, Sky Explorer is very solid for Azorius draw-go decks
I agree, I'm thinking of sliding her into Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage Planeswalkers. I was scared seeing the threads when she was revealed people claming it was draft shaft. People definitely aren't focused enough on getting things running smooth and want the splash plays 100%

A couple of red cards that I'm interested are:

Return the Favor and Rodeo Pyromancers . Rodeo could be good in spellslingers in Veyran, Voice of Duality it makes RRRR each turn, perhaps more than once per cycle.

CommanderMaster999

YES!!! Force of Vigor, Reanimate, and Mindslaver is in the breaking news sheet

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 1 month ago

I actually entertained Ghired, Mirror of the Wilds for a while. I have the original built, and the game plan of that deck is to copy creatures that do disproportionately well in multiples. Point a Cabaretti Confluence at Kalonian Hydra, splat goes the table. It seems that the new Ghired would be better at helming that sort of deck due to the increased ease of extra body creation - move as much functionality to dorks as possible, dust off whatever copiers come with "except it has haste" rather than "gains haste" for the tokens (even the hella dodgy ones like Heat Shimmer), splat goes the table. Upon further consideration, this isn't even the best thing you can do with him at the helm though. The ability lends itself to piecing together a full-blown combo shell where you get Midnight Guards talking to natively hasty tokens and it's all over.

As a result of his printing, I may actually power down my OG Ghired. With time, I've grown to appreciate the tramply 4/4s that fall out, and find the aforementioned Kalonian plus Confluence style endings to be somewhat anticlimactic. I opted for beef and copiers that wreak as much havoc as possible, and might have accidentally landed in a realm where it feels like a combo deck at its highest end. Interestingly, I'm now considering the new Ghired for my Rukarumel creature tap deck, but I think it will end up a little unreliable and winmore.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

CommanderMaster999

Here we go now it's Gavin's teasers for the commander decks

Hint #1: There is a new card that creates Sand Warrior tokens!

Hint #2: There is a two-drop creature that taps for two mana... with a restriction.

Hint #3: There is a new card with storm!

Hint #4: There is a card that cares specifically about Command Tower.

Hint #5: There is a card that is a sly reference to a blue rare from Odyssey block.

Hint #6: There is a card that does something for "each time you've cast your commander from the command zone this game."

Hint #7: There is a card named "Rumbleweed"

Hint #8: There is an 8-mana black board sweeper.

Hint #9: There is a new creatureland - meaning, a land that turns into a creature.

Hint #10: There is a card that does something, "For each mana from a Desert spent to cast this spell"

Hint #11: There is Magic's 13th ever monoblack "enchant land" aura.

Hint #12: There is a new Ninja with Ninjutsu... and one other returning ability.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 month ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
1 month ago
Hint #2: There is a two-drop creature that taps for two mana... with a restriction.
From Gonti's deck. "Spend this mana only to cast spells you don't own."

I can almost smell it through the screen.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 month ago

For Hint #5, I have a feeling it might be Cultural Exchange. Plenty of more well known options though, like Traumatize

CommanderMaster999

well all already know what #12 is

that one will be Nashi (he's in the sidestory with Obeka) its what the other ability. (but heres the kicker he's not the side commander. it might be The Mimeoplasm based on the art teasers)

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 month ago

1 month ago
and one other returning ability.
Horsemanship? *hope springs eternal*
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Sun Quan, Lord of Wu would like to know your location.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 month ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 month ago

Of the three remaining:

1 is one of the precon commanders.

1 I'm pretty on the fence about, could definitely be wrong.

1 I can't believe no one has said yet xD
Stella Lee, Wild Card, Geralf, the Fleshwright, and Marchesa, Dealer of Death? All three value small and quick spells in rapid succession, which is popular amongst more hardcore table.

CommanderMaster999

#11 I can smell it as one of the two

1. Black Annex

2. Giving a tap ability to make treasure tokens or something "Outlaw" mechanic related

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 month ago

Lifeless wrote:
1 month ago
Sun Quan, Lord of Wu would like to know your location.
I want MORE
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 month ago

Cyberium wrote:
1 month ago
DirkGently wrote:
1 month ago

Of the three remaining:

Stella Lee, Wild Card, Geralf, the Fleshwright, and Marchesa, Dealer of Death? All three value small and quick spells in rapid succession, which is popular amongst more hardcore table.
Marchesa is the "I can't believe no one said it yet" one.

She doesn't incentivise small spells though. Crimes include activated and triggered abilities. Tetzimoc, Primal Death means you can do 1b: better Sleight of Hand as many times as you like. She's an absolute fire hose of card advantage and she costs 3 mana.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

duducrash
Still Learning

Hermes_ wrote:
1 month ago
1 month ago
and one other returning ability.
Horsemanship? *hope springs eternal*
Nope, but he actually has ratmanship though

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 1 month ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 month ago
Cyberium wrote:
1 month ago
DirkGently wrote:
1 month ago

Of the three remaining:

Marchesa is the "I can't believe no one said it yet" one.

She doesn't incentivise small spells though. Crimes include activated and triggered abilities. Tetzimoc, Primal Death means you can do 1b: better Sleight of Hand as many times as you like. She's an absolute fire hose of card advantage and she costs 3 mana.
I'm guessing the Precon one is Yuma, Proud Protector? Card advantage on a big stick that reduces his own cost fairly trivially, meaning that his commander tax almost doesn't matter, and produces tokens on top.

DirkGently

Wallycaine wrote:
1 month ago
I'm guessing the Precon one is Yuma, Proud Protector? Card advantage on a big stick that reduces his own cost fairly trivially, meaning that his commander tax almost doesn't matter, and produces tokens on top.
Yuma is correct (though you only had to guess on a 1 in 3 lol)

I bounced back and forth between good and bad while brainstorming him…playing him fair seems fairly weak, he incentivises MLD, he's really easy to make cheap, he's great with loam, but it's really hard to tutor loam in naya, etc…but then while trying to recall discard outlets to synergize with loam, I remembered the card Greater Good exists. It's easy to tutor, and it creates a non-deterministic 2-card infinite with the commander. :sick: plus the MLD stuff…straight to jail, Yuma. Sorry, them's the rules.

The last one is Selvala, Eager Trailblazer. It's definitely my least-strong opinion, but she's got some of the same potential infinites as other selvala versions, and she's a decent chunk of value even without those.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

duducrash
Still Learning

Jailbreak Scheme - who choses if the card goes top or bottom?

DirkGently

duducrash wrote:
1 month ago
Jailbreak Scheme - who choses if the card goes top or bottom?
The owner of the creature
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 1 month ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 month ago
Wallycaine wrote:
1 month ago

I bounced back and forth between good and bad while brainstorming him…playing him fair seems fairly weak, he incentivises MLD, he's really easy to make cheap, he's great with loam, but it's really hard to tutor loam in naya, etc…but then while trying to recall discard outlets to synergize with loam, I remembered the card Greater Good exists. It's easy to tutor, and it creates a non-deterministic 2-card infinite with the commander. :sick: plus the MLD stuff…straight to jail, Yuma. Sorry, them's the rules.

The last one is Selvala, Eager Trailblazer. It's definitely my least-strong opinion, but she's got some of the same potential infinites as other selvala versions, and she's a decent chunk of value even without those.
I had thought about naming Selvala. While she is great and has some combo potential, she feels way less ugly than her other versions.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 month ago

DirkGently wrote:
1 month ago

• In Naya
  • easy to make cheap
  • great with loam
  • combos with Greater Good
Where do I sign up?!? :rofl:

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Yuma compares incredibly favorably to one of my favorite decks of all time - Titania, Protector of Argoth control. I could argue that he's better in every way, except that I don't actually want to play him. Mostly because I've come to hate playing more than 2 colors, but my OCD prevents me from simply cutting a color out of the deck if it's in the commander's identity.

CommanderMaster999

Now we move to big score cards.

Substitute Synthesizer HA! that's hilarious with Mechanized Production and flicker effects with any artifact that's mana valued 3 or above

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”