[2XM] Double Masters

Atraxian
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

Kaalia and Vault are quite nice additions.
Also shows that cards just reprinted in mystery boosters aren't off-limits.
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
Brace yourself for the slew of people crying about their collection "losing value".
Just kidding.
Those people can just shove off, that kind of jackasses are the reason we have the friggin reserved list.
Agree.
I have 3 Atraxas and 3 Avacyns (plus 2 judge promos) in m collection and wouldn't mind a bit if they went from $40 to $5. At least that way I wouldn't have to worry so much about damaging them while playing.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

I wish they'd show us some of the rares and uncommons. But they still have time, there's a couple of months before the set is released, but it would help build more hype for the set.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

So 15.99 a pack in paper why am I not surprised

So once again stick with signles

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
So 15.99 a pack in paper why am I not surprised

So once again stick with signles
Remember that with double rares and double foils 1 double masters booster is basically like 2 regular ones.
The pricetag is high (too high for pieces of cardboard), but the potentially valuable contents are literally doubled (save for the occasional valuable uncommon)

EDIT: this said, I've not been touching sealed contents for years and I'm not changing my mind now. I'll just need the few singles for my collection that I'll hopefully find at the new LGS that opened recently. (luckily they have an online presence and recently reopened for retail as the italian lockdown eases).
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today

Post by Card Slinger J » 4 years ago

Listed Double Masters reprints by Inside Traders:

Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Karn Liberated
Force of Will
Mox Opal
Thoughtseize
Urza's Tower
Urza's Mine
Urza's Power Plant

It's this Inside Trading that we've seen with Pioneer and now Double Masters that has me wondering why the U.S. Government hasn't called the FBI to investigate Wizards of the Coast on this. Inside Trading technically isn't illegal or considered a financial crime in the United States like Tax Evasion unless it involves the Stock Market and Wall Street. What I don't get is why Paper Trading Card Games / Collectible Card Games like Magic: the Gathering get away with selling loot crates to customers when it's video games like Fortnite and Overwatch that politicians go after the most. If you're a company like Wizards of the Coast then you're basically publicly acknowledging the Secondary Market just by making decisions on what to deny your customers and what to overcharge them for.
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Rudy's "insider information" has been wrong before, so I'd take it with a grain of salt (although it all seems reasonable). It's definitely certain that insider trading is always happening in Magic, though.

I like the Prof's arguments about why physical packs are better than loot crates. I found a quote from a senator who was going against loot crates and said that the digital ones are the problem, not physical. Other countries have found CCG's to be exempt, as well.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

CommanderMaster999

O_O

This...is the price for 4 packs of VIP edition of double masters

What am I even looking at!?!?!

It's only 8 dollars short of one pack of vip edition costing 100 dollars

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

what plot twist is this... so expensive.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 4 years ago

The price made me think of these lyrics from Gorillaz's Hallelujah Money.
Don't worry, my friend
If this be the end, then so shall it be
Until we say so, nothing will move
Ah, don't worry
It's not against our morals
It's legally tender
Touch my friend
While the whole world
And whole beasts of nations desire
Power

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

It would help if a post explained what VIP edition is.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 4 years ago

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
They're probably holding that info until closer to the release, so as to avoid confusion with M21 spoilers right around the corner. They had to say that it exists, because the game stores are probably getting solicitations already, but they'd rather not have people thinking there's going to be VIP boosters for M21, since it looks like it'll be radically different (At that price tag, my guess would be it'll be something where the whole pack is rares and mythics, with some number of box toppers and alt arts in it).

CommanderMaster999

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
Essentially collectors edition packs for double masters

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
They announced the VIP boosters with the original announcement but nothing else. With these going on sale we know what's in them technically but not what it means. According to the sites selling them, each pack of the VIP Edition of Double Masters includes:

21 premium cards

10 full-art basic lands

2 full-art premium lands

2 tokens

We don't know what it means by "Premium" because they have been using that word for all of their alt art cards recently.

Wallycaine

user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
They announced the VIP boosters with the original announcement but nothing else. With these going on sale we know what's in them technically but not what it means. According to the sites selling them, each pack of the VIP Edition of Double Masters includes:

21 premium cards

10 full-art basic lands

2 full-art premium lands

2 tokens

We don't know what it means by "Premium" because they have been using that word for all of their alt art cards recently.
Premium has consistently meant "foil" since they introduced foil. I cannot think of a single instance of them using Premium to describe cards that are alt art but not foil.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

Lol, holy balls. I don't understand anyone who would want to drop that much on a randomized booster. Although I'm kind of quietly pleased that WotC's version of "VIP" is "foil" because I don't give a rat's ass about foils and never have. I'll take the cheaper, easier to read, non-warping cards, thanks.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Use the WPN descriptions for products, they're more accurate.
33 Cards + 2 Foil Double-Sided Tokens

2 foil showcase rares or mythics
2 foil rares or mythics
8 foil uncommons
9 foil commons
12 full-art basic lands (2 are foil)
2 foil double-sided tokens
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

I've seen these VIP boosters announced at 35-40$. Here. If so, they are pretty much on par with the regular boosters, since you are guaranteed 4 foil rares or mythics, plus all those full-art lands. OF course, that's merely proportional to a booster that already has an inflated price...

CommanderMaster999

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
I've seen these VIP boosters announced at 35-40$. Here. If so, they are pretty much on par with the regular boosters, since you are guaranteed 4 foil rares or mythics, plus all those full-art lands. OF course, that's merely proportional to a booster that already has an inflated price...
well the link I found was from gamenerdz

so is the one the real price or the one at gamenerdz we shall see

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

That's a hell of a lot of basics in a "premium" pack.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

Wallycaine

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
That's a hell of a lot of basics in a "premium" pack.
Considering that they're full arts from a set that may or may not have full arts in the packs, that's probably going to represent a decent chunk of value. Full arts from non-standard sets have typically run around the 2-3 dollar range, with foils being significantly more. So this pack having 10 of those and 2 foils could easily make up for the price tag right there, depending on how valuable these lands end up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”