Unreleased and New Card Discussion

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 9 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
9 months ago
you seem to all be forgetting Tifa Lockheart....so many poses....so many possibilities all with the same outfit

EDIT: btw with Ravnica...SHOCKLANDS!!!
Please, I am in it for all 16 versions of Cid (Plus some Biggs and Wedge love).

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 9 months ago

I do wonder if they'll actually try to reference all of the games. I'd expect I or VII if they didn't want to stretch themselves thin. Or Ivalice.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 9 months ago

kirkusjones wrote:
9 months ago
Hermes_ wrote:
9 months ago
you seem to all be forgetting Tifa Lockheart....so many poses....so many possibilities all with the same outfit

EDIT: btw with Ravnica...SHOCKLANDS!!!
Calm yourself, Iago.
over which one? lol
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 9 months ago

Well, the latest secret lair commander deck is literally just a copy of my Bruna deck but worse. Love the art, want 'em desperately, but the deck itself is decidedly mid.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 9 months ago

Special variant extra pretty Cloud in the purple dress.
Ink-Treader wrote:
9 months ago
I do wonder if they'll actually try to reference all of the games. I'd expect I or VII if they didn't want to stretch themselves thin. Or Ivalice.
Well the tweet does state "Encompassing the first game all the way up to Final Fantasy XVI," with the Dissidia series and the mobile game spin-offs Square-Enix is pretty used to mashing up all their characters into one product Marvel style.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 9 months ago

Guardman wrote:
9 months ago

Please, I am in it for all 16 versions of Cid (Plus some Biggs and Wedge love).
I think it would be fun to have alt arts for several different versions of these recurrent characters, similar to what they did with the Nazgul.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 9 months ago

I'm cautiously optimistic about the non-UB stuff and just as ambivalent about the UB stuff as always. It's kind of weird that I've been playing for so long that the Ravnica/Innistrad Remastered sets offer me nothing I don't already have, except for maybe a cool limited environment.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 9 months ago

I don't understand what the Remastered sets are/are supposed to be. I've ignored the previous ones. Are they just drawing reprints from multiple related sets into a single release?

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 9 months ago

yeti1069 wrote:
9 months ago
I don't understand what the Remastered sets are/are supposed to be. I've ignored the previous ones. Are they just drawing reprints from multiple related sets into a single release?
Correct. Masters are all reprints, Horizons are a mix of reprints and new cards.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 9 months ago

yeti1069 wrote:
9 months ago
Yes, Remaster are all reprint sets themed around a plane to be a "best hits" of that plane and lets you draft cards from all the sets featured on that plane.

So for example the upcoming Ravnica Remastered set will feature all reprints of cards from the 8 (maybe 9+ if they include War of the Spark cards) Ravncia sets as well as I believe stuff like from core sets and side sets that where Ravnica flavored.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Hermes_

Haven't seen this posted yet:

Maro's Teaser for Wilds of Eldraine
Before previews for Wilds of Eldraine officially begin, I thought it would be fun to do another of my Duelist-style teasers where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I'm only giving you partial information.

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• a new type of token (at least done as a cohesive theme)

• a card that can activate to copy enchantments

• Adventures on a new permanent type

• an artifact that has two different artifact subtypes normally associated with artifact tokens

• a creature type from Alpha gets a draft archetype

• fairy tale Sagas

• multiple legendary Foods

• a new card with a lobotomy effect

• a creature with two triggers, one for artifacts entering the battlefield and one for enchantments

• a new mechanic that batches together three items that have been in the game since Alpha but never batched before

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• "If a permanent entering the battlefield causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time."

• "Look at the top twenty cards of your library."

• "it produces three times as much of that mana instead."

• "Sacrifice all Reflections you control."

• "Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have all activated abilities of all creature cards exiled with CARDNAME."

• "have base power and toughness 4/4 and flying."

• "exile up to one other non-Fox creature"

• "Land creatures you control"

• "Whenever you tap an untapped creature an opponent controls,"

• "X is 2 plus the number of cards in your graveyard that are instant cards, sorcery cards, and/or have an Adventure."

Here are some creature type lines from the set:

• Creature – Mouse

• Creature – Rabbit Unicorn

• Creature – Faerie Shapeshifter

• Creature – Elf Fox Knight

• Creature – Giant Archer

• Creature – Plant Wurm

• Creature – Elemental Raccoon

• Legendary Creature – Rat Noble

• Legendary Creature – Vedalken Scout

• Legendary Creature – Human Warlock Bard

Finally, here are some names in the set:

• Candy Grapple

• Charming Scoundrel

• Food Fight

• Protective Parents

• Scream Puff

• Stroke of Midnight

• A Tale for the Ages

• Three Blind Mice

• Three Bowls of Porridge

• Up the Beanstalk

Kickoff the preview season for Wilds of Eldraine with the debut on August 15th, at 10:00 AM PT on twitch.tv/Magic and our official YouTube channel. Catch up with our web fiction before the debut August 8th – 14th.

Igzex

Post by Igzex » 9 months ago

Look the only thing I want from the Final Fantasy set is a black kill spell called This Guy Are Sick.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 9 months ago

There's one thing that severely peaks my interest for modern horizons 3 (and it's not the DFC matters)

One of the pictures is an ocean…… with the eldrazi titans in that ocean. (Ulamog, Kozilek, and Emrakul)

So here's the big questions

1. Is that the only thing they are appearing in modern horizons 3

2. Will we get a 3.0 of the eldrazi titans

3. If "2" applies will the eldrazi tribal be one of the archetypes just like the slivers in MH1? And will "Devoid", "Emerge", "Processor (card from exile to graveyard)", "transforming (ELD)", and "Meld" cards being involved with the archtype.

Bonus: if eldrazi have a huge involvement of the set is the past lore gonna be based on when ugin lured the eldrazi to zendikar in the first place before the events of "Rise of the eldrazi" (ROE was actually the first jailbreak from ugins trap)

GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian » 9 months ago

Igzex wrote:
9 months ago
Look the only thing I want from the Final Fantasy set is a black kill spell called This Guy Are Sick.
All I want is a card called You Spoony Bard!

ukkuhrmakhai

Post by ukkuhrmakhai » 9 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
9 months ago

• Creature – Mouse

• Legendary Creature – Rat Noble
Those two creature types give me real strong Redwall vibes. I wonder if we'll see any references.

Hermes_

Stroke of Midnight sounds like either a blue or black card

Sporegorger_Dragon

Heads up, there's been another leak.

Unofficial Spoiler Discussion
Seem legit; the Golgari Adventure Knight is of particular interest.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 9 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
9 months ago
Heads up, there's been another leak.

Seem legit; the Golgari Adventure Knight is of particular interest.
Interesting. So the role aura tokens can be manufactured pretty cheaply, but a creature can only have one role on them at a time. Seems logical. As far as Bargain goes, sacrifice an artifact, enchantment, or token. One of these modes will be used more than the others. Celebration seems somewhat funny to just have in the set, but OK.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Sporegorger_Dragon

Venedrex wrote:
9 months ago
Interesting. So the role aura tokens can be manufactured pretty cheaply, but a creature can only have one role on them at a time. Seems logical. As far as Bargain goes, sacrifice an artifact, enchantment, or token. One of these modes will be used more than the others. Celebration seems somewhat funny to just have in the set, but OK.
Celebration likely to tie-in all the role-making cards and all the Food/creature tokens that are incoming.

Looks like roles are predetermined tokens like Treasure/Food, one debilitating one revealed so far, the "Cursed Role" (enchanted creature is 1/1).

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 9 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
9 months ago
Venedrex wrote:
9 months ago
Celebration likely to tie-in all the role-making cards and all the Food/creature tokens that are incoming.

Looks like roles are predetermined tokens like Treasure/Food, one debilitating one revealed so far, the "Cursed Role" (enchanted creature is 1/1).
Yeah for sure, I just meant more that the set already has bargain, food, sagas, and adventures, but I guess five themes/mechanics is on par for a set.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 9 months ago

Drop a link somewhere? PM?

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 9 months ago

new removal spell looks phelddagrif worthy
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Igzex

Post by Igzex » 9 months ago

Gotta stock up on Stroke of Midnights of course. Can't wait to draw human versions of my targets on index cards and handing them to my opponents as the tokens. The world will not be ready for The Meathook Massacre-chan.

Realm-Scorcher Hellkite reminds me that I never finished putting Vrondiss, Rage of Ancients together.

Hermes_

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 9 months ago

Maaan, all these leaked Adventures will make my 5C adventure deck even more fun!
I'd be completely shook if they were to print a fitting commander as well...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”