Headed for Seattle

umtiger
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by umtiger » 4 years ago

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
This is the second thread this morning I've seen you make this same request about draw a card tacked on. ...Did you just listen to the most recent edhrecast, per chance? Because they were just talking about that as "lazy design"...
I listen to CDMR central and also started to listen to EDHRECast b/c one of casters is also on it.

But you don't need to listen to any cast to see for yourself that etb and "draw a card" are some of the worst designs. If you can even call them "designs." They aren't just lazy, they actually actively make the game worse.

Vessiliana
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Vessiliana » 4 years ago

Have a good time there!

Please don't give the format to WotC. I've really enjoyed the custodianship of the RC. I don't care about tuck or banned-as-commander or most of the bans one way or the other.

But I beg and plead that Sylvan Primordial and Primeval Titan stay banned.

I would love to see more foils, too. A whole foil set of Commander cards? Yes, please!

Also, the WB sister from Innistrad would make me so happy.

But most of all, please tell them that the whole idea of a legendary Buy-a-Box promo is Just. The. Worst. I love everything about Throne of Eldraine, for instance, except for the fact that the King Arthur card is not in the set proper...

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

Vessiliana wrote:
4 years ago
But I beg and plead that Sylvan Primordial and Primeval Titan stay banned.
Nah, they'd be fine in the format nowadays. Still don't really understand why everyone thinks they'd be an issue. It's been 7 years since they've been legal and lots of stuff has changed since then to give EDH a lot more resources. The format has grown to the power level that these two cards can offer. I'm confident that they'll come off the list one day.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 4 years ago

Cow31337Killer wrote:
4 years ago
Nah, they'd be fine in the format nowadays. Still really don't understand why everyone thinks they'd be an issue. It's been 7 years since they've been legal and lots of stuff has changed since then to give EDH a lot more resources. The format has grown to the power level that these two cards can offer. I'm confident that they'll come off the list one day.
Don't hold your breath.

Cow31337Killer

GloriousGoose wrote:
4 years ago
Cow31337Killer wrote:
4 years ago
Nah, they'd be fine in the format nowadays. Still really don't understand why everyone thinks they'd be an issue. It's been 7 years since they've been legal and lots of stuff has changed since then to give EDH a lot more resources. The format has grown to the power level that these two cards can offer. I'm confident that they'll come off the list one day.
Don't hold your breath.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

umtiger wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
This is the second thread this morning I've seen you make this same request about draw a card tacked on. ...Did you just listen to the most recent edhrecast, per chance? Because they were just talking about that as "lazy design"...
I listen to CDMR central and also started to listen to EDHRECast b/c one of casters is also on it.

But you don't need to listen to any cast to see for yourself that etb and "draw a card" are some of the worst designs. If you can even call them "designs." They aren't just lazy, they actually actively make the game worse.
I thought so. That was a really good episode, and I enjoyed immensely the way the main host explained this syndrome they have going on with that right now. Was cool to see that thought expressed having recognized it only from just hearing it a short time ago.
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

I'll nth the fact we need foils of the cards that are so far precon only in some way.

Also either more Brawl decks going forward or swap Arcane Signet for Sol Ring next year.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Vessiliana
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Vessiliana » 4 years ago

Dragonlover wrote:
4 years ago
I'll nth the fact we need foils of the cards that are so far precon only in some way.

Also either more Brawl decks going forward or swap Arcane Signet for Sol Ring next year.

Dragonlover
Swapping Arcane Signet for Sol Ring is the best idea I've heard in ages. :grin:

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

I saw [mention]cryogen[/mention] mention it elsewhere and couldn't think of a reason to disagree.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

The treatment, coupled with the project and regular travel, sounds like no slouch. Take care of yourself first and foremost.

Arcane Signet needs to be addressed quickly, repeatedly and thoroughly to prevent it from becoming overpriced unobtainium. Having it join Sol Ring and Command Tower sounds like a good idea. As cute as the chatter about replacing Sol Ring is, it's a ubiquitous format staple and additional copies need to be regularly released into the wild to keep its price in check in the face of constant EDH player base growth.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Cow31337Killer

[mention]Vessiliana[/mention] [mention]Dragonlover[/mention]
Dragonlover wrote:
4 years ago
I saw cryogen mention it elsewhere and couldn't think of a reason to disagree.

Dragonlover
Yeah, I said this same thing like a week before Cryogen mentioned it. But I'm almost positive I'm not the first person to think about it either. Glad to see people are on board with the idea haha. Great minds think alike I suppose?
Cow31337Killer wrote:
4 years ago
Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
There's going to be a degree of samey'ness even if you flog Sol Ring. Stuff like ramp, removal, card advantage etc. tends to be ubiquitous, and decks will gravitate towards the best available options for those in their colours regardless of what said "best" may be. Take out current fast mana and non-greens will uniformly jam Arcane Signet (budget permitting - damn you, Gavin) as that's gonna be the best available option. So the minor benefit won't really ultimately be a benefit.
I would love if that happened. Arcane Signet is a fair and balanced card and I personally think it should replace Sol Ring in the Commander precons each year.
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
Arcane Signet is an arm and a leg. I'm hoping it comes down with the promised second print run of brawl decks and once people start ripping collector boosters, but this is turning out about as bad as I feared it would. Add in WotC now deciding that it's too expensive to reprint and we've got a trainwreck on our hands.
Well for my part I'm pleading to the powers that be to put it in the precons instead of Sol Ring next year.

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

We need to make brawl decks are a regular thing, they were the best thing about Eldraine

Sheldon

Post by Sheldon » 4 years ago

Just so the folks who've mentioned the foiling of Commander product know, I'm all in behind the idea. I'm not sure who I'll talk to, but you better believe I'll figure it out and find them.

Thanks all for the warm well-wishes and concerns for my health. I'm not delusional about how difficult this trip (these trips?) will be. By the time I get back from CommandFest DC, I suspect that I'm going to be exhausted--but I get a great deal of energy from the support throughout the community. I'm willing to bet that this adventure will be no different.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
Just so the folks who've mentioned the foiling of Commander product know, I'm all in behind the idea. I'm not sure who I'll talk to, but you better believe I'll figure it out and find them.

Thanks all for the warm well-wishes and concerns for my health. I'm not delusional about how difficult this trip (these trips?) will be. By the time I get back from CommandFest DC, I suspect that I'm going to be exhausted--but I get a great deal of energy from the support throughout the community. I'm willing to bet that this adventure will be no different.
Hopefully you'll also be equally behind getting nonfoil versions of the cards which are only available as foils. Maybe even get Loyal Retainers slipped into a deck so we don't have to choose between white border Portal or foil Commander's Arsenal?
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago

Hopefully you'll also be equally behind getting nonfoil versions of the cards which are only available as foils. Maybe even get Loyal Retainers slipped into a deck so we don't have to choose between white border Portal or foil Commander's Arsenal?
You've also got the Invocation Masterpiece|45096 lol. Also there is nothing wrong with white border. I admit I would have liked white border cards in foil.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Serpent_Steve wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago

You've also got the Invocation Masterpiece|45096 lol. Also there is nothing wrong with white border. I admit I would have liked white border cards in foil.
I think I've actively suppressed all knowledge of those masterpieces.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Hopefully you'll also be equally behind getting nonfoil versions of the cards which are only available as foils.
Would really appreciate this too, for precon commanders and such. I'm curious how the nonfoil BaB promo prices will go, though, they might end up being much more expensive than foil (hopefully less so for Kenrith, since I doubt he has competitive legs).
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Wayta - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Eris - Magda - Ghired2 - Xander - Me - Slogurk - Gilraen - Shelob2 - Kellan1 - Leori - Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

DirkGently wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Hopefully you'll also be equally behind getting nonfoil versions of the cards which are only available as foils.
Would really appreciate this too, for precon commanders and such. I'm curious how the nonfoil BaB promo prices will go, though, they might end up being much more expensive than foil (hopefully less so for Kenrith, since I doubt he has competitive legs).
This is exactly why I was happy when Kess was reprinted as nonfoil.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago