Unreleased and New Card Discussion

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Avacyn Believer » 1 year ago

I am surprised we haven't see much yet for Poison, unless I've missed some leaks?

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Unofficial Spoiler Discussion
I guess oil counters are the Phyrexian version of charge counters, which makes it easier to swallow.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 1 year ago

Mookie wrote:
1 year ago
A pile of early leaks have dropped.
Great. God helps, if we would ever go cold turkey.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

Please use [leak][/leak] tags around discussions of unofficial previews/leaked cards. Thanks!

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Huh. White Sun's Twilight had me in the first half not going to lie. Looks like it's actually a pretty good card. At first I groaned when I saw the infamous you gain... but it got better.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Why people on twitter ask not to talk about leaks? Im glad to know because releases have financial impact on other cards, why people get mad? Disrespect to the designers and preview schedule? Im not against those people, just don't understand whats the problem, anyone know?

Venedrex

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Why people on twitter ask not to talk about leaks? Im glad to know because releases have financial impact on other cards, why people get mad? Disrespect to the designers and preview schedule? Im not against those people, just don't understand whats the problem, anyone know?
Most of the people on twitter think that it takes away (views? excitement?) from the people who were given the cards to spoil as a way to boost their channel/platform/whatever. Other people like to go into drafts without seeing the cards. They feel as if seeing the cards ahead of time ruins the surprise, al la seeing your presents before they are wrapped and you open them.

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Most of the people on twitter think that it takes away (views? excitement?) from the people who were given the cards to spoil as a way to boost their channel/platform/whatever. Other people like to go into drafts without seeing the cards. They feel as if seeing the cards ahead of time ruins the surprise, al la seeing your presents before they are wrapped and you open them.
Feels like most simply look sites like MythicSpoiler to see the new cards instead of chasing multiple places that get the spoiler card

Venedrex

RedCheese wrote:
1 year ago
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Feels like most simply look sites like MythicSpoiler to see the new cards instead of chasing multiple places that get the spoiler card
Yeah, I use Mythic as well, I don't bother scrolling around to see individual sites. The only time I go to individual sites is when I check the mothership for links to see who is waiting until the end of their 11:00 PM stream to preview the bulk uncommon they've been given. It's like, just spoil the thing, then do your little bit. Trying to get people to watch your content because they are waiting for your card just seems tacky to me. Start the stream by spoiling the card, then do your thing. I'd be much more likely to watch if you did that.

Which brings me to the LRR spoiler controversy when they had the Golgari Witherbloom deck. I think LRR can do whatever they want, and I'm a fan of the channel. I also think people who whined or raged in chat are losers and in the wrong. With that said, just spoil the dang commander deck, then have your regular stream afterwards. Obviously the people who lashed out in chat were in the wrong, but LRR should have just spoiled the deck in the beginning.

The problem is they overvalued their content in comparison to spoilers. Spoilers are far more exciting than any content a creator can produce. Sorry, but it's true. Start with the good stuff, and work your way down, not the other way around. Heck, if you start with the spoiled deck, you can make the content be deck techs, or play a game with it or something.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Huh. White Sun's Twilight had me in the first half not going to lie. Looks like it's actually a pretty good card. At first I groaned when I saw the infamous you gain... but it got better.
Agreed - this mostly seems better than Martial Coup as a win con/sweeper. I think it's more of a standard player than a commander one since it's not-quite-strictly-better than Coup (life is good, not being able to block with your dork army is bad; that dork army being capable of lethaling people at X=10+ if they can't summon some defense first is good), but it's clearly a solid big sweeper for token-based or poison-based decks in particular.

The leaks in general look exciting. I love "For Mirrodin!" as a mirror to "Living Weapon". I'm burned on MtG with the glut of product, but this set does look cool for sure.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 1 year ago

Avacyn Believer wrote:
1 year ago
I am surprised we haven't see much yet for Poison, unless I've missed some leaks?
Toxic is the keyword you are looking for. https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Toxic

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

Mindsplice Apparatus is Mizzix-in-a-box. Looks very nice for various spellslinger decks.
Monument to Perfection is a nice Thaumatic Compass // Spires of Orazca alternative. I like Compass for more controlling decks, but it's certainly splashy.
Vindictive Flamestoker is awesome, although that may be me wanting it for my cube.

I'm very annoyed that all the white token producers appear to be making colorless Mite tokens, which makes them significantly worse for Teysa, Orzhov Scion. Boo hiss. Good for artifact decks though, I suppose.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
In addition to the other reasons mentioned, it's also for the same reason many people object to spoilers: because knowing out of context details about the story before getting the chance to read it can spoil the experience for them. Since Wizards specifically moved the presentation of the story forward to occur before the card previews to prevent precisely that, many players do not want to be forced by others to see details of the story out of context.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
someone in my local group was happy about the fast lands and all i could think was what?
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

wildfire393
Answers: 1

Post by wildfire393 » 1 year ago

Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
someone in my local group was happy about the fast lands and all i could think was what?
Fastlands are decent in Modern and this brings those lands to Pioneer for the first time, which is a big deal for aggressive decks. They were getting up there in price, so this is a solid reprint for sure.
RedCheese wrote:
1 year ago
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Yeah, I use Mythic as well, I don't bother scrolling around to see individual sites. The only time I go to individual sites is when I check the mothership for links to see who is waiting until the end of their 11:00 PM stream to preview the bulk uncommon they've been given. It's like, just spoil the thing, then do your little bit. Trying to get people to watch your content because they are waiting for your card just seems tacky to me. Start the stream by spoiling the card, then do your thing. I'd be much more likely to watch if you did that.

Which brings me to the LRR spoiler controversy when they had the Golgari Witherbloom deck. I think LRR can do whatever they want, and I'm a fan of the channel. I also think people who whined or raged in chat are losers and in the wrong. With that said, just spoil the dang commander deck, then have your regular stream afterwards. Obviously the people who lashed out in chat were in the wrong, but LRR should have just spoiled the deck in the beginning.

The problem is they overvalued their content in comparison to spoilers. Spoilers are far more exciting than any content a creator can produce. Sorry, but it's true. Start with the good stuff, and work your way down, not the other way around. Heck, if you start with the spoiled deck, you can make the content be deck techs, or play a game with it or something.

Y'all we compile previews on here too, there's no need to go to MythicSpoiler. We're much more diligent about sourcing.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

wildfire393 wrote:
1 year ago
Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Fastlands are decent in Modern and this brings those lands to Pioneer for the first time, which is a big deal for aggressive decks. They were getting up there in price, so this is a solid reprint for sure.
i was mainly what in response to the "fast lands" so much shorthand for cards that do things
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

maeos

Post by maeos » 1 year ago

so with the leak, we know which walkers are rebel and which ones are compleated and which colour they will represent

Rebel:
Emperor, Kaito, kaya, Koth, Teyvar

Compleated:
Nahiri, Jace, Vraska, Lukka, Nissa

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

There are some pretty powerful cards in the leak. Amongst legends, I like the precon lead Ixhel, Descendent of Atraxa the best, being poisonous but encourages you to poison as many people as possible instead of ending one player quickly, while capable of ending the game when it comes to 1v1.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 1 year ago

I always thought the issue with leaks was seeing cards/mechanics out of context. Like the colorless mana symbol from Oath of the Gatewatch was leaked and people were going nuts with theories on what it meant.
Sometimes it is better to wait for spoilers to start officially just so you don't misinterpret leaks without context from WOTC.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

maeos

Post by maeos » 1 year ago

just realized we have a legendary pseudo Mother of Runes with Skrelv, Defector Mite

Skrelv, Defector Mite
Legendary Artifact Creature - Phyrexian Mite W
Toxic 1 (Players dealt combat damage by this creature also get a poison counter.)

Skrelv, Defector Mite can't block.

: Choose a color. Another target creature you control gains toxic 1 and hexproof from that color until end of turn. It can't be blocked by creatures of that color this turn. ( can be paid with either W or 2 life.)

my sisay deck wants. also imo its adorable ^.^

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

wildfire393 wrote:
1 year ago
Y'all we compile previews on here too, there's no need to go to MythicSpoiler. We're much more diligent about sourcing.
I mean....I don't see autocarding working for any of the new cards people are mentioning, yet I can see the spoilers on mythicspoiler right now.

I'd love to use Nexus to view spoilers, but mythicspoiler is a lot quicker to post them. Maybe Nexus doesn't want to host leaks which is fair enough, but I want to see those leaks, soooooo.........
Standouts for me are Conduit, White Sun's Twilight, and The Eternal Wanderer. That passive is gnarly, and the board wipe is Tragic Arrogance for creatures only, which is a hell of a thing considering it leaves her alive, even making DS tokens is pretty gnarly. Seems absolutely agonizing to play against in limited, I can't imagine losing with it.

WST is honestly pretty scary. Clearing the board and having a bunch of poison creatures seems like a really difficult situation to resolve. If they've got haste it could easily knock someone out right away.

White definitely seems like a big winner in this set so far.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Boros precon will hopefully bring many random ass cards for General Ferrous Rokiric only traded cards deck I own. I know at least the face commander I will try to hunt down, hopefully they have one bomb ass chase card that make people buy and trade the rest 🙈

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 1 year ago

So the new Kaya is interesting. My cleric tribal deck runs Arena Rector, so I wonder if she's worth including. It's tough because the deck primarily runs evasive clerics that cost 1 or 2 mana so turn 3 I can play Tymna the Weaver and draw 2 cards with her.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

The whole set might leak at this point. I feel so bad for Wizard staff.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

i preordered the abzan deck and am blindfolding myself re spoilers so it's fun to open

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”