Unreleased and New Card Discussion

MAGUSZANIN
Pronoun: he / him

Post by MAGUSZANIN » 1 month ago

Substitute Synthesizer is bananas in Mishra, Eminent One. The war form token copies retain their mana value, meaning that you're getting a free construct and scry 2 with your warform, And then as you copy other things you will continue to get a steady stream of constructs.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 1 month ago

The BIG cards are super mythics, right?

I need an EDH format variant is that is rares and lower.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Serenade
UnderKing

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, they gave us a Baby Yoda? This game is cooked.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 month ago

God bless anyone who can keep track of how all these different versions of cards are released.

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 1 month ago

Serenade wrote:
1 month ago
At the same time mean Jace is now basically Din Djarin / The Mandalorian

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 month ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
1 month ago
Serenade wrote:
1 month ago
At the same time mean Jace is now basically Din Djarin / The Mandalorian
If anything, that resolves the problem of how Jace/Vraska gonna have a child together.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 1 month ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
1 month ago
Substitute Synthesizer HA! that's hilarious with Mechanized Production and flicker effects with any artifact that's mana valued 3 or above
Looks sweet in Sharuum. It doesn't kill on the spot with a Sharuum + clone loop, unlike Altar of the Brood, but it's more relevant at other points in the game.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 month ago

Hmmm, Lilah, Undefeated Slickshot + Stitch in Time + Galvanic Iteration + Teach by Example plus other copy effects...
Serenade wrote:
1 month ago
You mean Yuma's little cactus buddy, that's a little harsh-

*sees Loot, the Key to Everything*

You have got be &%@&$# kidding me what is this Neopet-looking $#?%%^&!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 1 month ago

I had to choke back some vomit after seeing the terribly named Loot, the Key to Everything. Agreed with @Sporegorger_Dragon: wtf is this?

How did we go from Phyrexians and their awesomeness, traditional D&D elements, the glorious Halloween of Innistrad... to motherloving BEANIE BABIES in the Wild West?!

You know what? Maybe Loot will accidentally unlock the Eldrazi's and they'll eat up everything and reset MTG to where it should be. And we can all forget the past 2 years of terrible sets.

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 1 month ago

Serenade wrote:
1 month ago
They are kinda cute, though. Isn't everyone and their mum exited for Bloomburrow? It kinda fits to that style.

en_d48c51d7c4.png
Last edited by cheonice 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

benjameenbear wrote:
1 month ago
You know what? Maybe Loot will accidentally unlock the Eldrazi's and they'll eat up everything and reset MTG to where it should be. And we can all forget the past 2 years of terrible sets.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm not kidding, the epilogue implies that Jace's new goal is to reset the entire Multiverse, so you might actually get your wish.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 month ago

Loot is the key to all of this. If we get Jar JarLoot working, 'cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the moviesgame before.

Honestly though, I'm just glad that aftermath bombed hard enough that these are going into normal packs. Will make it a lot less frustrating to collect.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 month ago

I for one welcome our new cute meta. I actually loved the story and am considering building this cute beast as a commander

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 month ago

Loot reminds me of starfinder aliens which imp works since wotc are using the Folmori as ancient aliens analogs.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999

benjameenbear wrote:
1 month ago
Well funny enough
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The epilogue implies Jace,s thoughts still stand on while he attempted to use the sylux and failed (he wants to reset the Mutiverse)

And opanother funny enough this could be the key to how Bolas/Ugin come back loot accidentally unlocks a omenpath to where the meditation realm is

And maybe the Eldrazi as well and there's conspiracy the eldrazi's purpose is to recycle planes into new.

Uncle_Krupi
Snow Creature—Human Scientist

Post by Uncle_Krupi » 1 month ago

Yeah I just can't get behind this Loot thing. One of my favourite aspects of MtG is that it doesn't look like League of Legends. I've been really impressed with the art direction lately (e.g. bringing back Richard Kane Ferguson, having Guay 2.0 in Iris Compiet, etc.) so I'd be disappointed if they start to think the LoL style is something to emulate.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Based on only my surface level understanding of Borderlands isn't this whole set just that?

Uncle_Krupi
Snow Creature—Human Scientist

Post by Uncle_Krupi » 1 month ago

What's that? You wanted even more artifact token support?

artifacts.jpg

CommanderMaster999

What the heck!?!?!

That duplicator is just busted especially with Ojer Taq, Deepest Foundation // Temple of Civilization/Doubling Season effects

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 month ago

Lifeless wrote:
1 month ago
Based on only my surface level understanding of Borderlands isn't this whole set just that?
Basically, yes. The only thing that's missing is the sirens.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Sporegorger_Dragon

toctheyounger wrote:
1 month ago
Lifeless wrote:
1 month ago
Malcolm, the Eyes :rofl:

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 month ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 month ago
toctheyounger wrote:
1 month ago
Lifeless wrote:
1 month ago
Malcolm, the Eyes :rofl:
Ha, touche!

But yeah, no, the story is basically borderlands but without the dick jokes, psycho hillbillies and gore. Gotta admit, the story has not been one I'm into, for all of Borderlands' flaws it is a better story.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Good to know. Seeing the vault cards today triggered some vague recollection of the game and I wanted to know if I was totally off base.

Serenade
UnderKing

I've flipped: I love Loot. Gonna get a plushie and everything.

Sporegorger_Dragon

As if Rakdos Charm wasn't bad enough, now Pest Control is here to crush my token ambitions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”