Did someone say bad legends?

Hermes_
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hermes_ » 2 years ago

Inspired by the random card of the day Sisay, Weatherlight Captain and
Myllior wrote:
2 years ago
At least for Shrine versions, maybe the incoming Shrines in NEO will dilute the deck and make it somewhat more palatable to play against? Shrines are one of the weakest things you can be doing with her, other than just intentionally running a bunch of bad legends.
I decided to make or attempt to make a deck full of bad legends, the wincon will be attacking or just seeing how many you can get out on the field. please be sure that if you suggest a single card it is under 60 dollars by itself. Also the manabase as it is currently will be the same one from the 2017 dragon percon (ebt lands hence the amulet of vigor link to decklist https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... domination ) So far I have:

Commander: Sisay, Weatherlight Captain

Creatures:
Lady Orca
Torsten Von Ursus
Lord Magnus
Ramirez DePietro
Jasmine Boreal
The Prismatic Piper
Iname as One
Daughter of Autumn
Eron the Relentless
Kasimir the Lone Wolf
Sun Quan, Lord of Wu
Rashka the Slayer
Mannichi, the Fevered Dream

Artifacts:
Amulet of Vigor
Dragon Arch
Commander's Sphere
Lightning Greaves
Fist of Suns

Instants:
Disenchant

Sorcery
Visions

lands:
Last edited by Hermes_ 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Tags:

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 2 years ago

The Prismatic Piper and Iname as One are two of the worst legends I know about.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

There's several vanilla legendary creatures from Legends, but they're more boring than they are bad. That being said, there are some bad ones from Legends too that aren't vanilla. All of the legendary creatures from Homelands with the exception of Baron Sengir. Grandmother Sengir . Can you feel the power yet!? Mirage block has some real winners, too. Sidar Jabari ? Golly! But the fun didn't end with Weatherlight. Orim, Samite Healer and friends awaits. Not bad enough? Blind Seer is lonely. General Jarkeld looks like "fun". Mannichi, the Fevered Dream is so bad it's good. EDIT: Zuo Ci, the Mocking Sage.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Hermes_

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
There's several vanilla legendary creatures from Legends, but they're more boring than they are bad. That being said, there are some bad ones from Legends too that aren't vanilla. All of the legendary creatures from Homelands with the exception of Baron Sengir. Grandmother Sengir . Can you feel the power yet!? Mirage block has some real winners, too. Sidar Jabari ? Golly! But the fun didn't end with Weatherlight. Orim, Samite Healer and friends awaits. Not bad enough? Blind Seer is lonely. General Jarkeld looks like "fun". Mannichi, the Fevered Dream is so bad it's good. EDIT: Zuo Ci, the Mocking Sage.
NZB2323 wrote:
2 years ago
The Prismatic Piper and Iname as One are two of the worst legends I know about.
I've added the above-mentioned other than Zuo, since it's over the budget limit. I also added a few other cards as well.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

Dammit but I really wanna suggest Rohgahh of Kher Keep 😭

Why is Sun Quan, Lord of Wu in there? He's alright. Need some real P3K jank like Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix" (he's also probably over budget though).
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Hermes_

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
Dammit but I really wanna suggest Rohgahh of Kher Keep 😭

Why is Sun Quan, Lord of Wu in there? He's alright. Need some real P3K jank like Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix" (he's also probably over budget though).
I own the FTV version and thought why not? yeah most of P3K is over budget. I also need suggestions on other cards than the creatures.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 2 years ago

No Mannichi, the Fevered Dream? Emmara Tandris? Gosta Dirk? Kei Takahashi? Veldrane of Sengir? Sivitri Scarzam is notable for being Craw Wurm for 1 more. And then we have Princess Lucrezia. Normally I'm willing to pay more for off-color effects, but SIX MANA?

For lands, Tomb of Urami, Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, and the bands with other lands are pretty much required.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Hermes_

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
2 years ago
No Mannichi, the Fevered Dream? Emmara Tandris? Gosta Dirk? Kei Takahashi? Veldrane of Sengir? Sivitri Scarzam is notable for being Craw Wurm for 1 more. And then we have Princess Lucrezia. Normally I'm willing to pay more for off-color effects, but SIX MANA?
I forgot to add mannichi
For lands, Tomb of Urami, Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, and the bands with other lands are pretty much required.
what to cut and keep?

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
2 years ago
I own the FTV version and thought why not? yeah most of P3K is over budget. I also need suggestions on other cards than the creatures.
The tagline sorta motivates legend suggestions.

I wouldn't run amulet of Vigor to improve the crappy manabase. It's not worth a card. If you want a better manabase, there are loads of usually-untapped duals for pretty cheap. But even if you don't, I wouldn't run amulet.

I think the main thing you needs is some cheap legends (or legendary permanents) to get your commander going. Otherwise she'll probably be worthless until pretty late. Other than that, some ramp, some interaction, and maybe some silly payoffs like Heroes' Podium.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Hermes_

After some thought, I don't think I'm going to go through with making the deck, since i'd be buying all the cards, and then once I got bored with it the cards wouldn't go into any other deck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”