The First Doctor + Jo Grant - Enchantment Cycling

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 6 months ago

Piggy-backing ideas from my Niv-Mizzet Reborn deck, this is centered around putting enchantments into the graveyard and then cascading into Resurgent Belief to put them into play.

There are only 3 cards in the deck are 2 mana or under and they are Resurgent Belief, Fluctuator, TARDIS.
Because Jo Grant gives cycling to Historic cards, this deck is primarily made up of Legendary Enchantments and Sagas, so that they may be cycled to put into graveyard.
Jo Grant gives them 2w cycling, but this can be quite mana intensive to use it multiple times, so Fluctuator is a nice way to make it only w each time.
The First Doctor gets you TARDIS, and then you can get a cascade trigger each turn. Over a 1/4 deck are 3 mana cards, so you will have access to cascading into Resurgent Belief consistently.

With Mistveil Plains you can keep putting Resurgent Belief into the deck to cascade into, so it's not a one-and-done type of strategy. The game plan is to just keep cycling enchantments to your graveyard and cascading into Resurgent Belief multiple times.
There are a lot of ways to get Mistveil Plains with Arid Mesa, Flooded Strand, Marsh Flats, Windswept Heath, Tolaria West, Kor Cartographer so it should be part of the game plan once you are setup.
This plan also works nicely with Sagas, as they go to graveyard after final chapter.
You can also put Fluctuator back into the deck to cascade into again if an opponent destroys it and the TARDIS can be retrieved with The First Doctor.

There are also some enchantments that naturally have cycling.
I've included a lot of Legendary Lands as these can be cycled to make sure you don't get flooded.

There is an sub blink theme to the deck with multiple enchantments allowing this; Astral Drift, Astral Slide, Far Traveler, Thassa, Deep-Dwelling. With this in mind there is some select creatures that give you ETB bonuses.

The First Doctor + Jo Grant - Enchantment Cycling

Commanders (2)

Cascade Targets

Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 6 months ago

I don't have anything to contribute but I really like the idea. There's probably an alternative 1st doctor deck bent around exploiting Restore Balance that could be built.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 6 months ago

DirkGently wrote:
6 months ago
I don't have anything to contribute but I really like the idea. There's probably an alternative 1st doctor deck bent around exploiting Restore Balance that could be built.
I wanted to make a Planechase deck to use TARDIS/The First Doctor, but my friends didn't want a bar of playing with it.
Cascade + Planechase = OP

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”