Simic Dragons

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bobthefunny » 1 year ago

Decklist

non-mana land - 1

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by bobthefunny 1 year ago, edited 10 times in total.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Realmwalker might be useful with the high density of dragons already and its technically a dragon too so casting it for G seems nice.

I am not sure that this deck screams Growing Rites of Itlimoc to me. Its probably fine I just don't see this as a go wide deck where I would normally include that for.

Some of your ramp like Joraga Treespeaker looks a bit suspect I assume you are aware there is probably better out there.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

I was looking at your list and I feel like I would want a bit of cheating in the list Descendants' Path or Herald's Horn feel like they would be at home in your list.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 1 year ago

Nice call on Realmwalker, I forgot to check changelings. There are certainly a few... questionable options. I was thrown the idea of UG Dragons, and threw this together on a couple of fast searches. Let's face it... Ugin really doesn't have a place here, the dragon themed draws are... acceptable.. at best, Dragon Fangs lies cut... but a number of cards remain for 'thematic' purposes. I pretty much went in with the dragon theme after I saw the results of some of the searches.

I'll have to consider Descendants' Path and the horn. I don't know that the horn will be much better than a mana rock though, Volo draws a lot already, and I'm not casting much more than a dragon per turn, unless I'm already winning. Still, I should probably try it. This is certainly the deck for it, so, why not.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”