Budget Staples for Newer Players - TEMUR edition.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bobthefunny » 3 years ago

A note of explanation for the deck columns: For new players, I recommend a pile building approach, with 10 ramp, 10 draw effects, 10 removals, 10 cmc1-3 cards, 10 cmc4-5 cards, and 10cmc6+. This helps ensure that they get a decent balance of ramp and draw effects, while still holding to a semblence of a curve, and still guaranteeing a few late-game bombs. These aren't hard rules, but is usually a good starting block for seeing how things fit together. Ideally the ramp should be predominantly 3 mana or less (pref 2), and the removal should be about 2-3 single target creature removal, 2-3 ench/art removal, 2-3 "catch all", and 3-4 wrath effects.

With building a deck for newer players, I felt it would be good to build along those lines to showcase it. Note that some of the small/med/large flex slots may additionally contribute to ramp/draw/removal as well.

Commander Options
Approximate Total Cost:

Decklist

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by bobthefunny 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bobthefunny » 3 years ago

Adapting to a non-mutate deck. I feel that with the Mutate deck just coming out, this deck has too much overlap with currently available precon themes. I also feel it pigeonholes the deck a bit on what's upgradeable, as mutate would always want to remain a core component of the deck.
Decklist

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”