How frequently do you crack packs?

How often do you buy and crack packs (not for limited, just buying and cracking)?

Never
41%
Rarely (couple packs per set or fewer)
44%
Occasionally (~10 packs per set, or monetary equivalent of collector boosters)
13%
Moderately (~booster box per set, or monetary equivalent of collector boosters)
3%
Frequently (2+ boxes per set, or monetary equivalent of collector boosters)
No votes
I am a whale (A LOT)
No votes

Total votes: 32

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 3 months ago

Packs? Gosh no never. I don't even play limited because I don't value the packs to be worth. It's just a more expensive way to play the game and I already got cards at home that costs me no money to play...

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 3 months ago

My friends bought me a fat pack for my bachelor party a couple of years ago.

If I crack packs it's for a pack war where one person keeps both packs. If I'm gambling I'm gambling. None of this wishwashy might get value garbage.

Boros_Blendo

Post by Boros_Blendo » 2 months ago

folding_music wrote:
3 months ago
none since battle for baldur's gate!
i get supporting the local outlets but I honestly think wotc/hasbro are too shady to reward rn
also i really enjoyed opening a whole box of ZNR cos the set boosters were exciting to open, but looking back on it I hardly got any black cards and it still puzzles me to this day, lol. kinda over the experience and starting to think of it as gambling again
I kind of agree. I opened two boxes of LotR boosters (I know, too dang many, but I'm a LotR dork), and only got 3 stinkin' Nazgûl. I got more rares of some type than Nazgul. By the way, did you build any 2-color D&D theme decks? I built w/g life matters and r/b kill-it-all, but am curious what other color combinations are good in Forgotten Realms/Baldur's Gate sets.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 2 months ago

I crack some packs a month. I really like playing limited. I attend prereleases and draft events the store I play at holds, though not as often as I would like. I usually get a couple of.prize packs each time. I don't really buy packs if I am not to play with them.

I also get lots of cards from my son's cracking habits. He opens collector boosters every set and I get to keep whatever he's.not interested in keeping or selling. He also takes part in "cracking frenzies" the younger kids at the store get into sometimes. They buy one oe two collector boosters each and watch as they get opened and cheer and celebrate whenever someone hits something cool. They get quite a bit od fun at it.

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 months ago

I basically never buy packs - except for the packs I get when I play Sealed. Years ago I sometimes bought a fat pack if I really liked the set, but I quickly realised that getting singles is just more efficient. When I win some packs from constructed play I will open them though.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 2 months ago

I visited a new LGS last weekend and on a whim, bought their last collector booster of Neon Dynasty. I generally dislike collector boosters but Neon Dynasty might be my favorite set. Maybe I'll open it when I'm having a bad day.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 months ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 months ago
I visited a new LGS last weekend and on a whim, bought their last collector booster of Neon Dynasty. I generally dislike collector boosters but Neon Dynasty might be my favorite set. Maybe I'll open it when I'm having a bad day.
Damn, how can you restrain yourself like that :rofl:. When I have a pack I need to crack it right away.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 2 months ago

BlackbirdPlaysMTG wrote:
2 months ago
Damn, how can you restrain yourself like that :rofl:. When I have a pack I need to crack it right away.
The idea/suspense that the pack could hold something special is more fulfilling than the disappointment of opening it to reveal $0.75 worth of useless cards? :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”