Queen Marchesa - Bow To Your Queen

Table of Contents

A Short Introduction

Coming soon!

Current Decklist

Queen Marchesa - Bow To Your Queen

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

*****Credit for this Primer Template belongs to all members of the Primer Committee*****
Last edited by BlackbirdPlaysMTG 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 7 months ago

Played the deck for the first time today and wow... it was a lot of fun :grin: ! I can see why Marchesa is a popular commander. My opponents liked the deck as well, so good times overall. This is going to be one of my keepers for sure. I was able to get in four games in total and won two of them. The monarch mechanic made it so that people were attacking each other more than usual. In the late mid- to endgame I could really grasp the monarchy firmly as I run enough deterrents to keep people from stealing it back from me. The 'you become the monarch' cards were also performing really well because they allowed me to take back the monarchy from opponents I otherwise couldn't take it back from at that point in the game.

Some early thoughts:
  • Ruinous Ultimatum is a house. It's almost like a Cyclonic rift.
  • Baneslayer Angel is still a solid beater (at least in mid power games).
  • Archon of Emeria was instrumental in keeping in check two of my opponents in game two, being a sort of fair Mardu deck.
  • The amount of card draw feels about right - I got to draw a nice amount of cards in the games I have played.
  • Amount of lands seems to work out. I get to like 6-7 without a problem (and get to have more mana in the late game).
  • The early game (turns 1-3/4) of this deck is serviceable. I have some removal in case someone goes sol ring + mana rock, or plays something annoying or scary, and enough things to do in the first few turns proactively.
  • I never drew a card which was just stuck in my hand all game long, so that's good.
  • Do I need the tutors... Used all my tutors once during those four games (targets: Command Tower, Ghostly Prison and Wrath of God). The Vampiric one was pretty clutch, as it found me the Wrath of God just before the next player in the turn order would have alpha striked me.

Shabbaman
crying casual

Post by Shabbaman » 6 months ago

One thing to look for is if the monarch cards are pulling their weight: you already have continuous access to a card that makes you the monarch... your commander. If those cards work for you, fine. Otherwise you could look for cards that keep your opponents from damaging you (pillows like fogs or Deflecting Palm) or by simple retriggering Marchesa through blinking her.
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 6 months ago

Shabbaman wrote:
6 months ago
One thing to look for is if the monarch cards are pulling their weight: you already have continuous access to a card that makes you the monarch... your commander. If those cards work for you, fine. Otherwise you could look for cards that keep your opponents from damaging you (pillows like fogs or Deflecting Palm) or by simple retriggering Marchesa through blinking her.
Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to evaluate them during gameplay. During the few games I have played the Courts and other monarch cards have been pretty solid, they give you some nice advantage and the deck seems to be pretty decent at staying monarch as it is. Of course, most monarch cards aren't super powerful. Court of Grace for example gave me a couple of angels and spirits during game three which was nice, but not game-winning.

Petar_Enev
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Petar_Enev » 2 months ago

Hi, I decided to share my decklist with upgrades from recent and upcoming editions.

Notes:
  • Separated the same way for easy comparison.
  • Included a section "Tokens" since it's one of the themes and how the deck usually close up games.
  • I play some fast mana but no combo or tutors.
  • The core strategy I'm striving for is to control the board and draw cards with the monarch. At some point attacking me becomes impossible. Finally, I usually win by amassing hard to remove enchantments (Courts), tokens and some beatdown.

Decklist

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”