Mirrodin Besieged

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Mirrodin Besieged

I appreciate this pun from Modern Horizons ("It's like the Palace Siege cycle!").

What deck do you think this goes in? The deck obviously wants to play a lot of real artifacts, rather than just generating tokens. Something like Sai, Master Thopterist rewards you for playing a lot of artifacts, whereas Saheeli, the Gifted doesn't really care where they come from (and, would probably just want to get as many as you can on an individual card basis, like Brass's Bounty).

What commander would you want to choose either mode in?

Tags:

Gavvin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gavvin » 4 years ago

I considered adding it to Brudiclad for the Mirran option

Kemev
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Kemev » 4 years ago

Gavvin wrote:
4 years ago
I considered adding it to Brudiclad for the Mirran option
Yeah, I feel like Brudiclad is a natural fit. I played Silas/Ravos for a while, and the Mirran side would be good there too.

Sharuum seems like the winner on the phyrexian side. Getting a free looter effect is pretty handy for a reanimator deck, and you might be able to pull off the alt-win.

Breya is the big winner... She plays well with either mode.

Istarkano

Post by Istarkano » 4 years ago

I have it in my Urza deck. If I need to go wide, Mirrodin. If I need to try and get a win some other way than combat, Phyrexia. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but seems fun.
My EDH Decks
Show
Hide
Arcades the Strategist - Kefnet the Mindful - Heliod, God of the Sun - Valduk, Keeper of the Flame - Hallar the Firefletcher - Urza, Lord High Artificer

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

I have been wanting to build a UR artifact deck for a while. What I can say is that I've had fun playing a mono-R Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient deck, as well as a colorless deck (who has changed commanders a few times now), and that recently I tossed Saheeli, Sublime Artificer into my Jori En deck, where it has been fantastic.

The pieces are coming together, and this seems like another powerful option to include into such a UR artifact deck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”