Hinata "She turned me into a newt" card ideas

DizzCompleat
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by DizzCompleat » 8 months ago

Was going to say polymorph but that didn't seem accurate looking for cards that weaken creatures/turn them into something else. Like I destroy that buuut you get this.

So far: Looking for similar cards in her colors. Or if you have a better idea for the commander I'm all ears.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 8 months ago

Are you considering only spells, or are creature abilities also an option? My favorite old school version of the effect is Ovinomancer - which when paired with a haste effect (I like Thousand-Year Elixir) allows you to cast then tap for a sheep in response to his ETB trigger returning him to hand instead of paying the land-bounce. I once used this with High Tide to "Ovinize" 9 Slivers in one turn. . . good times.

PS: You may want to edit your post and link your possible commanders, so players that may not yet have them completely memorized have a reference in-thread.
V/R

Treamayne

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 8 months ago

Have you considered Phelddagrif? Bant has the most "You-Can't-Have-That-Have-This-Instead" removal and there's an excellent primer on this site that uses such a unique removal suite to control the board while playing politics to stay alive.

Some notable cards include, but are not limited to:
It's a little less specific than going full Transmogrification Station, but it should also attract way less hate than Hinata. Hinata just screams "I will combo so kill me" even if that's not the plan.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 8 months ago

*gets out scales and a duck*
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

Serenade
UnderKing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serenade » 8 months ago

Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2

Post by Dunadain » 8 months ago

Transmogrifying Wand is even 3 uses!
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”