Cards similar to Eldritch Evolution

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 8 months ago

Hello MTG Nexus, I'm looking for cards that are similar to Eldritch Evolution , specially that care about the CMC of the fetch creature being less than the sacrificed one. stuff that would take advantage of sacrificing things with a high CMC

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Rushed Rebirth could be interesting to you.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 8 months ago

Natural order

duducrash
Still Learning

void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago
Rushed Rebirth could be interesting to you.
It is! It fits exactly in what I'm doing, thank you.
Moxnix wrote:
8 months ago
Natural order
I used to run Natural Order but limiting to green is kinda ruining my think

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 8 months ago

Protean Hulk is kind of in that wheel house
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 8 months ago

Simply put, i'd be surprised if you find anything outside Eldritch Evolution, Rushed Rebirth and -to an extend- Protean Hulk.
It's a rather simple Scryfall search that doesn't come up with much outside of mercenaries, lol. By nature MTG is looking to reward you for sacrificing creatures by going up in (mana) value. Given that WotC is going on easy on downsides (see "The Ring tempts you") i wouldn't expect them to release much in that vein either.

If you're looking for a "go big or go home" type synergy, i was once baffled by Verdant Succession + Worldspine Wurm and a sac outlet which i can't remember.

duducrash
Still Learning

Toshi wrote:
8 months ago
sacrificing creatures by going up in (mana) value. Given that WotC is going on easy on downsides (see "The Ring tempts you") i wouldn't expect them to release much in that vein either.
if they ever powercreep the +1 MV or less from the likes of pod I'd be very into that.

My thing is. Karador, Ghost Chieftain is a 8MV creature that costs 3. so i was searching for stuff that allowed me to play into that searching for the right bullets

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 8 months ago

duducrash wrote:
8 months ago
My thing is. Karador, Ghost Chieftain is a 8MV creature that costs 3. so i was searching for stuff that allowed me to play into that searching for the right bullets
How about drawing into them with Morbid Curiosity instead?

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 8 months ago

duducrash wrote:
8 months ago
Hello MTG Nexus, I'm looking for cards that are similar to Eldritch Evolution , specially that care about the CMC of the fetch creature being less than the sacrificed one. stuff that would take advantage of sacrificing things with a high CMC
Do you not realize the Eldritch Evolution is looking for creatures with CMC more that the sacrificed creature (X+2)?

Is this for a Mono-G deck (and therefore C and G cards only)?

Does this have to be *any* creature? I ask because Soulshift is an entire mechanic of this (for Spirits, at least).
V/R

Treamayne

duducrash
Still Learning

Treamayne wrote:
8 months ago
Do you not realize the Eldritch Evolution is looking for creatures with CMC more that the sacrificed creature (X+2)?
I do realize, its + 2, but it's X or less. so if I sacrifice a 8CMC creature I can fetch stuff with less MV. cards like Birthing Pod for example are strict on their search with "equal to 1 plus the sacrificed". So if I'm in dire need of a silver bullet, I can Eldritch Evolution for a card like Remorseful Cleric

I'm in Abzan colors

@Toshi Morbid curiosity is an interesting idea. I've ran Stinging Study in the past. I'll try your suggestion thanks

@darksamus hmm, this vivien is interesting. One thing I'm kinda scared with planeswalkers is how often they will get 2 activations. have you played with her? how often is she just a 3/3 beast for 5?

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 8 months ago

duducrash wrote:
8 months ago
Treamayne wrote:
8 months ago
I do realize, its + 2, but it's X or less. so if I sacrifice a 8CMC creature I can fetch stuff with less MV. cards like Birthing Pod for example are strict on their search with "equal to 1 plus the sacrificed". So if I'm in dire need of a silver bullet, I can Eldritch Evolution for a card like Remorseful Cleric
My apologies for misunderstanding the OP, it sounded like you were looking for cards that searched for "less than CMC" rather than "search for <criteria> or less."

Possible options:
Fiend Artisan
Diabolic Intent
Wild Pair (cast small creature from yard to search the needed small creature)
Gravebreaker Lamia (search creature to yard to cast with Karador)
V/R

Treamayne

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 8 months ago

Pattern of Rebirth doesn't have a restriction on what you get on the death but its a little clunkier being an aura. I find it works best on an ETB creature or token just so that if someone wants to spot interact you on cast it don't feel as much like you got 2 for 1ed.

Neoform and Birthing Pod are in a similar vein of thought but they go up and have fixed mana cost of what they get which seems to not be what you want.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”