October Secret Lair Values

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bobthefunny » 2 years ago

NOTE: Some foil pricing is incorrect - there is a bug in how the card lookup searches foil pricing.

The Stranger Things secret lair obviously has no available pricing, so make of that one what you will.

Most of these are fairly sub-par, unless you want foils, which jumps a fair number of them above value.

Monster Movie Marathon $29.99
Approximate Total Cost:

While generally popular/useful for EDH, and sporting slick new art... the value proposition on this lair is terrible.
Foil
Show
Hide
Monster Movie Marathon FOIL $39.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Midnight Hunt: Showcase $29.99
Approximate Total Cost:

I'll admit this one came out higher than I expected. Also sporting fancy new art, the value proposition is still far below par. You're clearly buying for art alone.
Read the fine print $29.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Our first value positive bundle, sadly one of the expensive cards is Griselbrand, who is banned for us. Excluding him brings to value to simply on par.
foil and/or foil etched
Show
Hide
Read the fine print FOIL or ETCHED $39.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Thrilling Tales of the Undead $29.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Rise of the Dark Realms is considerably higher than I expected. That brings this to a positive value lair, if you need one.
foil
Show
Hide
Thrilling Tales of the Undead FOIL $39.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Monster Anatomy 101 $29.99
Approximate Total Cost:

This comes in positive, mostly because of Gishath, but only just. Why are there two red cards? Why do they have different background colors? Why no white or black cards? If they're doing the solid background colors, why not one of each Magic color?
foil
Show
Hide
Monster Anatomy 101 FOIL $39.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Mirrodinsanity $29.99
Approximate Total Cost:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... maybe if you like foils.
foil
Show
Hide
Mirrodinsanity FOIL $39.99
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by bobthefunny 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 2 years ago

Ya the foils are worth a lot. I wanted enough of these cards that I ordered the foil set. Will sell cards I don't care about like Gishath, Sun's Avatar.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

The first and likely only SL card I want is among these. That grafdigger's cage is fricking sweet and I want one for my legacy sideboard. Should be pretty cheap, it only really costs the 6-7 months it takes to hit the secondary market.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

illakunsaa
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by illakunsaa » 2 years ago

Your foil prices for the mirrodin lands are wrong. There is no way you can a foil seat of the synod under 2 dollars even if it was totally destroyed and in foreign language.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 2 years ago

illakunsaa wrote:
2 years ago
Your foil prices for the mirrodin lands are wrong. There is no way you can a foil seat of the synod under 2 dollars even if it was totally destroyed and in foreign language.
There's a bug in the decklist pricing for foils, I've already pinged @Feyd_Ruin about it. The decklist pulls the lowest cost pricing first, then checks for foils, so if the lowest cost card is from a set without foils (or that has no foil pricing), it doesn't return the correct value. A few of the other drops are affected as well. I'll add a note to OP.

I toss all the cards from the SLs into the decklist boxes here to get a quick idea of the pricing, and figure others may find the info interesting, so I post it to a thread. Since I have the decklists up anyways, it's not a lot of work to add the foil tag to a copy for anyone that cares about those - I don't particularly care for foils usually, so I typically don't pay too much attention beyond that. :shrug:

EDIT: I forced the ones in that lair that weren't coming up to Mirrodin versions. The forced that bucket, but a few of the others are still wrong. Pretty much, if the non-foil and the foil prices are showing as the same - It's probably bugged. If anyone cares to tell me a set to pull from for the others, I can update OP later.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”