Sythis Enchantress Storm

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

So I've just been able to goldfish so far, so no good testing yet. BUT Sram and the dancer have been excellent in that context.

My only copy of exploration is in another deck and I haven't been hurting for it thus far. But it could wander in if the need presents itself. Finale is likewise elsewhere.

Confinement is a classic, but heck if I know if it's actually good yet. Those kinds of cards really need opponents to figure out if they pull their weight, so I could see it staying or going depending on that.

Starfield can do some dirty things with planar collapse and I never really felt any need for replenish, etc so it's there for that. If it bones me more than it helps, I'll toss it for open the vaults or something.

The resonance vs bear umbra thing is an oversight on my part. Given how cheap everything is, the umbra will probably do more work in retrospect. Will change.

And finally, Titania's song has always been disgusting in my experience. There's a lot of artifact stuff in my meta (my own emry deck notwithstanding) that I look forward to shutting down with the anti-artifact package. I just wish I hadn't sold my null rod a few months back lol. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

I'm going to get some games in sometime this week and I'll report back with results! It's easily the deck I'm looking forward to playing the most when I can.

Edit: also, Serra's Sanctum is out of my budget for now otherwise it would be a slam dunk.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Tags:

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

You could go budget and include Collector Ouphe but I would definitely rather have a Null Rod. There is the upside of it being creature tutorable if need be but I struggle to think of a case where I would want the Ouphe over another enchantress outside of extreme cases.

Let me know how any games you get turn out. Its going to be a while before I get some testing in myself.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

umtiger
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by umtiger » 2 years ago

Starfield is a different game plan for sure. But animating a Parallax Wave is nuts.

Personally, it would be good enough to convince me to run Plea for Guidance just to see it more often.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

umtiger wrote:
2 years ago
Starfield is a different game plan for sure. But animating a Parallax Wave is nuts.

Personally, it would be good enough to convince me to run Plea for Guidance just to see it more often.
Oh man, I didn't even think of that. That's evil.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

So, I managed to play one game with this deck tonight. I originally had other plans to see family and said plans fell through. I managed to curve commander into Enchantress's Presence and then went super ham on just dropping land auras and a bunch of disenchant things. One of my opponents was playing the same commander but he didn't find his enchantress effects so I started going crazy drawing like 2-3 cards per enchantment cast and things went super crazy fast.

Then someone played Austere Command on turn 5/6 for artifacts / enchantments which mostly hit me and the one other enchantress player. Two turns later I had a crazy board setup again and I think I ultimately had most players scoop to me on like turn 8/9. It got super messy when I got Archangel of Thune + Monastery Mentor online together with my commander giving me lifegain.

I really don't have much insight to add so far to this list. I guess I am a little concerned that its a little crazy fast and powerful lol. I did have a small issue when I had crazy overwhelming power but no real mass evasion making my attacks take time to chew through opponents boards. Its possible that I could add some aura evasion or even some mass trample options to the deck but I would probably want to see more of the deck before jumping to a conclusion like that.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

So I got a game in against Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge superfriends, sadly a 1v1 because out third friend was coming after she got off work. Anyway, I got a solid start and landed an early Suppression Field to really mess up their day. Things were going well until Narset, Parter of Veils showed up and starting ticking up with Kasmina, Enigma Sage's +2. With my draw cut off, things got kinda hard and once the bridge flipped an Ugin, the Spirit Dragon that ate my whole board, I folded like laundry to the PW value. I feel I could have taken them if I had hit some removal for the bridge, but my card velocity got stunted before I could get there. I added a few more oblivion ring things to compensate but jeez, superfriends is brutal without additional opponents to help stem the tide of value with aggro.

umtiger

Post by umtiger » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
So I got a game in against Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge superfriends, sadly a 1v1 because out third friend was coming after she got off work. Anyway, I got a solid start and landed an early Suppression Field to really mess up their day. Things were going well until Narset, Parter of Veils showed up and starting ticking up with Kasmina, Enigma Sage's +2. With my draw cut off, things got kinda hard and once the bridge flipped an Ugin, the Spirit Dragon that ate my whole board, I folded like laundry to the PW value. I feel I could have taken them if I had hit some removal for the bridge, but my card velocity got stunted before I could get there. I added a few more oblivion ring things to compensate but jeez, superfriends is brutal without additional opponents to help stem the tide of value with aggro.
I don't think you'll get very far if a Arcane Laboratory or Spirit of the Labyrinth type effects lands+sticks.

Better have lots of removal ready and just save it for what's important.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
1v1 against a superfriends deck is not a good place to be period heh :) I wouldn't make any conclusions about that. Those decks just really want to play 1 on 1 magic.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

@pokken

Yeah, I kinda figured it would be tough from the start, but wow, did it get worse than I could imagine real quick.

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 years ago

Cool list! I made a more traditional enchantress build around her, but I am still not sure how I want to win my games (combo or cute token-ey with cards like Archon of Sun's Grace/Sigil of the Empty Throne+buffs). In that regard bant enchantress has easier options to just push a red button and win.

I see you are running Arctic Treeline and Scattered Groves to fetch, which I like, but why are you running Emeria, the Sky Ruin? It is a land I like in monowhite, but it seems like an unnecessary tapland in this deck. Oath of the Ancient Wood seems a bit low in power to me. Isn't Ancestral Mask just straight up better (though more fragile)?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”