More Mutate Questions

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Ok, so mutate doesn't trigger ETB effects but what if I mutate Vadrok, Apex of Thunder as my commander using Opal Palace's ability that normally adds counters? I assume I don't get the counters because it makes more sense if it doesn't ETB that it also wouldn't get this but I figure I need to ask.

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
You're correct, no counters are placed on anything in this instance. "Enters the battlefield with N counters" is a replacement effect, and if the event it replaces never happens, the effect never applies.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

You're correct, no counters are placed on anything in this instance. "Enters the battlefield with N counters" is a replacement effect, and if the event it replaces never happens, the effect never applies.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”