Tameshi, Reality Architect

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

I want to understand Tameshi, Reality Architect a little more. If I return an artifact / enchantment from my graveyard to hand via something like Argivian Find do I draw a card? Are artifacts / enchantments considered permanents when they are not in play? I ask mostly because the wording of Barrin, Tolarian Archmage actually specifies that the permanent had to come from play.

I also remember something where creatures with cycling aren't considered to be creatures while in hand for Training Grounds so this seems kind of related but maybe not. Maybe that was just that you don't control them in hand. Maybe this isn't relevant but I feel like I am confused as to some of the basis on how Tameshi works due to a few other rulings I have seen in the past.

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
If I return an artifact / enchantment from my graveyard to hand via something like Argivian Find do I draw a card? Are artifacts / enchantments considered permanents when they are not in play?
No. To save on space, this card is templated without "from the battlefield" because it is implied: A "permanent" with no other description ("permanent card in the graveyard" for example) by definition can only exist on the battlefield. In the case of Training Grounds the ability only affects creatures (no other description) - to affect cards outside the battlefield it'd have to say "creatures you control and creature cards you own that aren't on the battlefield" a la Maskwood Nexus.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
If I return an artifact / enchantment from my graveyard to hand via something like Argivian Find do I draw a card? Are artifacts / enchantments considered permanents when they are not in play?
No. To save on space, this card is templated without "from the battlefield" because it is implied: A "permanent" with no other description ("permanent card in the graveyard" for example) by definition can only exist on the battlefield. In the case of Training Grounds the ability only affects creatures (no other description) - to affect cards outside the battlefield it'd have to say "creatures you control and creature cards you own that aren't on the battlefield" a la Maskwood Nexus.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”