[SCD] Dovescape

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 1 year ago

Ok, so here's a fun card. Dovescape. I wanna hear your experiences or thoughts on this card in commander. I remember way back when durdling around with this card in random 60 card decks I made but those were primarily creature based decks.

I'm strongly considering it in my nutso Bruna, Light of Alabaster enchantments only stax voltron list here: viewtopic.php?p=227485#p227485

Main purpose in theory would be to lock my opponents out of interacting with my commander. Basically, cast this... probably have to wait a turn cycle, and then drop Bruna and go to town with all the auras in my graveyard. Barring something like Reclamation Sage or Venser, Shaper Savant I think this might plan might actually work unless Dovescape gets outright countered on cast.

Anyway, I know I'm going out on a limb here but I'm trying to brew something unique and fun to build.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Lo, if only Destiny Spinner were in your color identity!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

I despise playing against Dovescape, but I suppose that speaks to the card's power. It's a very obnoxious lock piece in that it makes noncreature spells boring - no matter what it may have been initially, it just turns into a pile of birds... which may be good for a deck like Kangee, Sky Warden, but is usually a downside. More critically, it's a lock piece that is extremely difficult to get the board, since most decks don't have access to creature-based enchantment removal.

...anyway, certainly a powerful effect, but it may make your playgroup hate you.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Mookie wrote:
1 year ago
...anyway, certainly a powerful effect, but it may make your playgroup hate you.
The fact that it actively works against every part of your plan other than Bruna herself is also a strike against it.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 1 year ago

It's too bad you are set on enchantments only because it combos awesomely with Guile.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

I actively hate this kind of annoying stax that protects itself from removal and locks half the table out of playing. The worst part is that it often combos with whoever has creatures and then they craterhoof you. Yay.

Angelic renewal is a pretty good enchantment that protects Bruna.

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 1 year ago

Alright, I can read a room... and the room says no to Dovescape lol. I concede that it definitely gives the creature decks a leg up which is likely not what I want.

Angelic Renewal is worthwhile I think. Only works once but that might be all I need.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

I would measure its fun factor as on par with Ruination and Back to Basics in that it might not really affect some players and it might completely take others out of the game. I have played against it some and its very miserable if the game doesn't end soon after it resolves. Its a lock that will do everything or nothing depending a lot on which decks you que it into.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Mookie wrote:
1 year ago
The fact that it actively works against every part of your plan other than Bruna herself is also a strike against it.
A more token/hatebear Stax deck would love it, using cards like Hokori, Dust Drinker and Spirit of the Labyrinth.

The card is useful, but more with something like Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (killing your opponent's birds and making yours 3/3) than in any sort of enchantment-themed deck.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

ConstantMists

Post by ConstantMists » 1 year ago

Dovescape can be a lot of fun in a deck with Aether Flash and Repercussion . Good times. Force them to get creatures, then make them suffer for having them.
Current Commander decks: Zurgo Helmsmasher - Borborgymos Enraged - Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Doran, the Seige Tower - Sliver Overlord - Yarok, the Desecrated - Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Hazoret the Fervent - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Marath, Will of the Wild - Ramos, Dragon Engine - Ruhan of the Fomori - Narset, Enlightened Master - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Dragonsoul Knight (Pauper) - Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Precon)

vondoom25
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by vondoom25 » 1 year ago

I used to play it in a deck with Humility, back when I played a Zedruu prison/combo deck. People were not a fan of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”