Goblin Welder Package

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 2 years ago

I ran Goblin Engineer for a little while in my Jaya Ballard, Task Mage deck. I cut it because I didn't have any artifacts I really liked sacrificing. With the release of Liquimetal Torque I was hoping to slot it back in (with my Goblin Welder) as another way to grab that card. I was wondering if there was a good package here, specifically of things to sacrifice.

I was considering Crucible of Worlds + Darksteel Citadel / Great Furnace.

Is there any other good packages like that, that are easy to slot in? Some good treasure cards (other than the obvious Dockside Extortionist)?

Tags:

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

Do you mean welder or engineer?

I am a huge fan of Genesis Chamber in both.

Obviously the various Myr Retriever guys are great too.

In my 4c mind sieve/thopter foundry deck I ran Goblin Engineer as a way to fish out any piece of the combos (well, except Thopter Assembly for mind sieve, but you can do thpter sword mind sieve pretty easily).

There're also a ton of value chains starting with Cloudstone Curio of course.

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 2 years ago

@pokken, can you run through some of the Curio lines you're thinking of? I get the gist of it (tutor Curio with Engineer, recur Curio, bounce Engineer for another tutor), just curious about some of the next targets you like. That sounds like my kind of durdle.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 2 years ago

Anything that cantrips on LTB is where I'd start. The wellsprings are fine cards, and really begin to excel in any kind of welding situation. Also, the Lotuses (Loti?) since getting around the timing restriction on lotus bloom is pretty spicy tech. Since you're already doing Lotus things, I'd look into Salvaging Station and it's long line of trinkets for more goodies. Scrabbling Claws|mrd and Phyrexian Furnace being two great standouts for this type of stuff. The SOM spellbombs that all cantrip on death trigger (rather than the MRD ones that you have to choose to draw or use the effect).

Wurmcoil Engine is a true standout here for the obvious synergy, and Metalwork Colossus is pretty decent too. There's that new golem that does the split like wurmcoil does, crap what was it... Phyrexian Triniform, Ancient Stone Idol, Golden Guardian // Gold-Forge Garrison, and if you can reliably weld, Triplicate Titan should be more than enough with one trigger...

pokken

SocorroTortoise wrote:
2 years ago
pokken, can you run through some of the Curio lines you're thinking of? I get the gist of it (tutor Curio with Engineer, recur Curio, bounce Engineer for another tutor), just curious about some of the next targets you like. That sounds like my kind of durdle.
So in mono red I'm less knowledgeable but a problem with it is that you need to start with bros to trigger engineer, but presumably you could just cast your commander or whatever.

Things I like what somewhat synergize:

other cool things that spring to mind

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 2 years ago

Cool cool. Thanks for enabling my intellectual laziness. I hadn't considered Curio in combination with Engineer, so I'll have to play around with that.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

3drinks

Oh. We got this far and no one mentioned Precursor Golem .........

pokken

3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
Precursor golem involves too much damn math

3drinks

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
Precursor golem involves too much damn math
Math is fine. Just let Professor Scott Steiner teach you all the math you need......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”