Examples of topics anyone is welcome to discuss in this thread include, but are not limited to, the following:
Approved topic examples
- Asking what cards to hold, sell, and buy.
(e.g. "With the GP season coming up, should I sell my fetchland playset now or hold onto it?")
- Constructively discussing the rising price of Modern staples.
(e.g. "The enemy fetch prices keep going up! This will probably be a barrier to new players entering Modern.")
- Constructively theorizing about how Wizards can lower prices for the format.
(e.g. "One option is for Wizards to rush out an MM2 style product every 6 months to stabilize prices.")
- Any other constructive discussion about prices or the Magic economy
(e.g. "Should I invest in MTGO Modern with Arena becoming such a major product?")
- Showing users a swagged out deck that you are proud of
(e.g. "Just finished my foiled German Grishoalbrand deck. BEHOLD!!")
Prohibited topic examples
- Any post that breaks an MTG Nexus or Modern forum rule
(e.g. no spamming, trolling, flaming, etc.)
- Stay on Modern prices, not Magic finance generally.
(e.g. no complaining about the rising cost of Standard)
- No talking about "Magic/Modern is dying," the Reserved List, etc.
(e.g. "Just sell out of Modern because it's a bad format Wizards will eventually replace.")
- No discussion of fake cards other than to warn players about buying/spotting them
(This topic borders or crosses the border into illegal activity. Moderators have decided to prohibit it)
- DON'T RESPOND TO TROLLING/FLAMING/SPAMMING. Just report it!
(If you get involved in a flame war you can get infracted too, regardless of who started it.)
- No brag posts
(e.g. "Just bought 4 Tarns for $20 each. Good deal?")
- Personal criticism not related to Magic
(e.g. "If you got a real job and budgeted better then you could afford fetchlands.")
- No card creation
(e.g. "All of this would be solved if they printed my fixed fetchland variant here...")
- No reprint talk if the reprint isn't already in the format
(e.g. "Fetches would go down if WotC just reprinted Price of Progress")
- No banlist talk
(e.g. "Time to ban Surgical Extraction; it's too expensive and needs to be banned.")