Trostani - Got Wurms?

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

The deck is being rebuilt from ages ago. This is my current list.

Cards from my past list I am working to find space for:
Well of Lost Dreams
Lurking Predators
Mirari's Wake
Asceticism
Aura Shards
Burgeoning
Cream of the crop
Garruk, Primal Hunter

Im also looking for other's feedback on the deck as Its been a while with this deck and I'd love any thoughts.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

This deck looks sweet! I would consider adding Overwhelming Stampede|M11 as a finisher. Also I don't really think Stoneforge Mystic|WWK is worth a slot since there's not that many equipments in the deck.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

This deck desperately wants Greater Good. Look at those fatties mmmmm.

I am not sure how much I like Second Harvest. I also agree that Stoneforge is a bit odd. I tried running it with a similar equipment setup and didn't find that I liked it that much.

Mimic Vat is tough given the lack of sac outlets. I started with it in my list as well and I ended up cutting it because I just felt like I couldn't really control it how I wanted to.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

greater good is a card I honestly forgot exists... I'll be adding that to my list of cards to pick up in the coming weeks.

Stoneforge mystic is one I'm debating on cutting and probably will make it on the chopping block.

second harvest is another card that I had in the original list but I don't remember how it plays so it probably will be cut.

Anyother cuts you guys see that should be made for the list in the OP?
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

If you can afford a Sylvan Library I generally speaking suggest using it. The lifegain from Trostoni can easily fuel extra draw from library so beyond being a good card I would say it also has extra synergy here.

I was running a bit more reliance and tutor options to get Mirrorpool into play and or recur it. But that said, I had full fetchland / crucible tactics going and I went deeper on my utility lands. Field of the Dead has been good for me so far in my testing as it gives some chaff attackers / blockers with some lifegain. If you do want to run it I would just suggest splitting your basics half snow and half normal as it will help your unique name count for it.

I went into a bunch of nonbasic land tutors as well but I also have a lot more utility lands to get.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

reltastic
Selesnya's Voice

Post by reltastic » 4 years ago

How has Seance worked for you? It's a card I'm always looking at for my deck, but just haven't ever tried it out.

Also, it's wonderful that there are two Trostani decks with their own threads that are very different and fun, and also that we both have Cubone as our avatar :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”