The Community Deck Build Project!

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty Yay.
Mizzix's Mastery yay!

Efreet Flamepainter is 2 Yays and - 0 nays but got lost in the shuffle I guess!

Id like to nominate Storm-Kiln Artist spellslinger ramp!
Flamepainter is already confirmed into the list. That happened yesterday I believe.
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Tags:

3drinks

Nice flurry of additions over the last couple hours of my shift, let's catch up.

Backdraft Hellkite and tibalt's trickery both got confirmed and the arsonist and fast/furious got cut.

Birgi, God of Storytelling yay - 2 nay - 0
Mizzix's Mastery yay - 1 nay - 0
Storm-Kiln Artist yay - 0 nay - 0

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Zerro
Tweaker of Decks

Post by Zerro » 1 year ago

3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
Nice flurry of additions over the last couple hours of my shift, let's catch up.

Backdraft Hellkite and tibalt's trickery both got confirmed and the arsonist and fast/furious got cut.

Birgi, God of Storytelling yay - 2 nay - 0
Mizzix's Mastery yay - 1 nay - 0
Storm-Kiln Artist yay - 0 nay - 0
Loving this Project.

I vote Yay on the three previous cards Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty, Mizzix's Mastery, and Storm-Kiln Artist.

Both Birgi and Storm-Kiln provide us with mana for more actions per turn which lets us either extend the board or buff up a body.

Mizzix's Mastery is striking me as our finisher just providing us a plethora of cast triggers to buff the team.

My suggestion is a simple of in that of Plumb the Forbidden Simple and effective card draw with major up side for our strategy
Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper // Tymna the Weaver
Nethroi, Apex of Death
Ghired, Conclave Exile
Alibou, Ancient Witness
Ephara,God of the Polis
Neyith of the Dire Hunt
Eligeth, Crossroads Augur // Siani, Eye of the Storm
Renata, Called to the Hunt
Neheb,The Eternal

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 year ago

I'll get in on Plumb. Card is strong and copies off its own bat. Does everything we want it to.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

Nay to Birgi because it's a tedious easy button, but I think it got confirmed anyway.
Yay to Mizzix's Mastery because duh.
Yay to Storm-Kiln Artist because also duh.
I guess I'll give a yay to Plumb the Forbidden. My hesitance on stems from this: what exactly are our main themes/wincons that we're going for? Spellslinging? Voltron? Tokens? Are we envisioning any aristocrat synergies? I guess I'd like to determine which of our themes are primary, secondary, or tertiary. It's also hard to track everything after working a 12 hour shift, so forgive me if this has been covered.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Insult // Injury. I think it works with the spellslinging, Voltron, and token themes we're going for here. Plus, if we can copy Insult part even once, we're quadrupling our damage. This card has won several games for my Kykar, Wind's Fury deck, and I think it can do work here, too.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Yay to all the above.

My suggestion is Deadly Dispute I think it ties together the themes we have going, and having a similar effect to plumb is good I think for consistency's sake. I see this deck as a spell slinging aristocratic deck with how it's been built so far, so I think we want a lot of these cards that turn rando tokens into great value.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

3drinks

Whew. I sit back for a few hours to grind on my nuzlocke and I come back to four confirms, I love it. Birgi, mizzix's mastery, Storm-Kiln, and plumb the forbidden all got in. Impressive day. That brings us to;

Insult//Injury yay - 1 nay - 0
Deadly Dispute yay - 0 nay - 0

I want to point out we don't have any [mass] removal or ramp, or tutours yet guys and that might be a problem ... our spot removal suite is also in full gimmick with the commander too.

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Blasphemous Act feels like it might combo if we can protect our general somehow :P so we'll do that.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
Whew. I sit back for a few hours to grind on my nuzlocke and I come back to four confirms, I love it. Birgi, mizzix's mastery, Storm-Kiln, and plumb the forbidden all got in. Impressive day. That brings us to;

Insult//Injury yay - 1 nay - 0
Deadly Dispute yay - 0 nay - 0

I want to point out we don't have any [mass] removal or ramp, or tutours yet guys and that might be a problem ... our spot removal suite is also in full gimmick with the commander too.
Yeah I wasn't sure if I should just start throwing out mana rocks as suggestions, but it felt weird to just be like. I SUGGEST RAKDOS SIGNET! :P
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

3drinks

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
Blasphemous Act feels like it might combo if we can protect our general somehow :P so we'll do that.
Obvious combo piece being with undying evil/Malakir rebirth/supernatural stamina/kaya's ghostform then. One of those janky b cards that make something indestructible, actually.

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Yay to Dispute and Blasphemous.

We do need some removal and it's a new day, right? I'm gonna offer up Bedevil since we may need to kill things.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Yay on Dispute, Signet and Blasphemous act, I'm surprised Act wasn't suggested sooner. What about Hazoret's Undying Fury? Buffs for six and helps us sling them spells, but would probably make us more dependent on artifact/ritual mana.

3drinks

I'll yay on Dispute, and Blasphemous to give them the confirm. +1 yay on the signet, but if we don't get a critical mass of ramp, then adding artifact mana is pointlessly inconsistent.

I do not think insult//injury is where we want to be, and I'd want to use Dictate of the Twin Gods first I think, so I'm gonna nay that. Likewise I don't think time walking ourselves with HUF isn't something a spellslinger deck ever wants to do, so that's a nay from me. Lastly, I really don't like three mana 1 for 1s so I'm going to nay on Bedevil.

Since we're on a br deck that expects to hit three lands, I recommend the freshly reprinted into the bargain basement range, Kolaghan's Command. Proc'ing the commander for three is good and it's generally doing something we always care about.

Insult//Injury yay - 1 nay - 1
Rakdos Signet yay - 2 nay - 0
Bedevil yay - 0 nay - 1
Hazoret's Undying Fury yay - 0 nay - 1
Kolaghan's Command yay - 0 nay - 0

As a note, we're at 36 nonland cards now without any of the a-typical staple cards that act as the usual glue that hold these decks together. Just something to think on.

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

toctheyounger

I'll yea on command and signet. I actually like Insult too, so yes on that.

We probs need to look at more foundational ramp and stuff. We could probably come at it sideways but stuff like Sol Ring is noncreature anyway. Someone has to be the basic %$#% that suggests it, so here I am.

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 1 year ago

Yea on Deadly Dispute, Insult // Injury, Bedevil, and Rakdos Signet. I like instant in this deck, and those are all aligned with the cards I think the deck is missing. Yea on Sol Ring and Kolaghan's Command too.
Nay on Hazoret's Undying Fury for being high MV and sorcery.

I will put forward Wretched Confluence as an instant which is removal and/or draw. The recursion is nice too.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

3drinks

A few more confirmations in signet & insult//injury.

I'll yay for sol ring and B confluence, I suspect that card has legs.

Bedevil yay - 1 nay - 1
Hazoret's Undying Fury yay - 0 nay - 2
Kolaghan's Command yay - 2 nay - 0
Sol Ring yay - 2 nay - 0
Wretched Confluence yay - 1 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Bedevil yay - 2 nay - 1
Hazoret's Undying Fury yay - 1 nay - 2
Kolaghan's Command yay - 3 nay - 0
Sol Ring yay - 3 nay - 0
Wretched Confluence yay - 2 nay - 0

Id like to nominate Chandra's Ignition . Acts like a buff and a sweeper

toctheyounger

Yeah Ignition has the potential of being a game winner. Yea from me.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

I feel like I need to explain my nays more than my yays. So nay on Hazoret's Undying Fury. I think it would be perfectly janky fun if it didn't skip our untap. Is it too good without that? I don't know, but I know I'd be dejected if it whiffs. Yay on Wretched Confluence and Chandra's Ignition. Confluence is super versatile, and Ignition has so many cool applications. You know what'll end a stalled game? Almost any creature + Chandra's Ignition and Insult // Injury.

Maybe tomorrow can be Mana Rock/Card Advantage DayTM and we can all get the feeling that we've wasted a day's picks with boring, but necessary utility. But you know, together.

pokken

I think rituals are likely to outperform mana rocks in this deck. Todays pick is Culling the Weak

Just curve into the commander and then ritual out with the enchantment whenever since it's so cheap. Can probably pretty easily berk one person at least then hopefully draw some cards. :)

We need to get some wheels in here too

Yeah please also think hard about where mana rocks exist on our curve when our commander costs 3 and can't be cast into with the background without support (so having 4 mana on turn 3 is not great for us). Mana rocks should ramp into the commander or not exist. There is almost no benefit from casting a rock on 2 and commander on 3 that wouldn't be better as a cathartic reunion or something that fixes us.

Consider me a no vote on any rock that doesn't accelerate into commander. Crypt sol chrome mox yes. Not that it matters because people will vote yes on them because :p
Last edited by pokken 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
I think rituals are likely to outperform mana rocks in this deck. Todays pick is Culling Ritual
Were you thinking of something else? We're not in green.

pokken

RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
pokken wrote:
1 year ago
I think rituals are likely to outperform mana rocks in this deck. Todays pick is Culling Ritual
Were you thinking of something else? We're not in green.
Fixed.

3drinks

Pokken coming with the same train of thought I was alluding to. If you don't have a critical mass of rampifacts, there's no sense running them. Running two mv rocks don't do it either since we still play the thing on t3. Though there's only one rock in here this far, I want to institute a vote to replace the signet with dark/cabal ritual, as they are exceedingly more powerful than the dumb rock.

I'm also with Pokken that we should be looking at wheels, but please find me good ones that aren't $400. Perhaps those Big Score effects are the perfect storm for us? Just food for thought.

We got some confirmations to make. K-Command, B-Confluence, and Sol Ring all made it into the deck, and undying fury unsurprisingly, did not. I'll yay Chandra's ignition to give that it's third vote. Yay on culling the Weak because I think we can power it easy enough.

Bedevil yay - 2 nay - 1
Culling the Weak yay - 1 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

toctheyounger

Yea for Culling, air anyone gets on Burnt Offering I'd cosign that too, and Infernal Plunge.

I generally agree regarding the accelerant spells vs rocks. I think mana positive rocks are worth it but on a budget there's not a bevy. So with that in mind our commander really rewards spinning wheels on ritual spells, and even once they're spent PiF type spells give us an explosive finish too.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

We have a bunch of sacrifice effects, do we have enough stuff to sacrifice?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”