The Community Deck Build Project!

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 1 year ago

Looks like murderous cut and sedgemoor witch got confirmed into the list, and agent of shadow thieves got blocked. I want to suggest Etali, Primal Storm since that's gonna give us +3 spells every turn on a sizable body.

That leaves;

Stormfist Crusader yay - 0 nay - 0
Price of Fame yay - 0 nay - 0
Etali, Primal Storm yay - 0 nay - 0

I'll think on these through the day.
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Tags:

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

I don't think we will be casting etali so that's a nay from me. Not a lot of room for haste enablers either.

it's a powerful effect but I'd suggest we stay very light on creatures until we have 20+ Things that trigger commander.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

Stormfist Crusader : Nay. Black has plenty of high quality instant/sorcery card advantage.
Price of Fame : Yay. It just makes sense.
Etali, Primal Storm : Yay. Etali is the real deal. And big plays are the best part of commander.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the commander (edit: and background) was buyback, but that's already on the list, so I suggest Swiftfoot Boots to protect our most important creature.
Last edited by Legend 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

3drinks

I'm gonna nay on the crusader. And I'll yay on Price and the boots since we can both proc and protect our commander with it.

Stormfist Crusader yay - 0 nay - 2
Price of Fame yay - 2 nay - 0
Etali, Primal Storm yay - 1 nay - 1
Swiftfoot boots yay - 1 nay - 0

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 1 year ago

Army of the Damned. Pumps the commander, and gives us plenty of blockers and fodder for the background.

Stormfist Crusader - Nay, there's at least three things I can think of that I'd rather have before this.
Price of Fame - Yay.
Etali, Primal Storm - Yay, because I like splashy plays and WotC still refuse to give us Genesis Wave in every colour.
Swiftfoot Boots - Yay, for all the obvious reasons.

Also, I totally missed that Harmonic Prodigy doubles the sac trigger when I suggested it, but I think you can still make it work.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

3drinks

That's gonna confirm price of fame as well as kick stormfist crusader out with their set of threes.

Etali, Primal Storm yay - 2 nay - 1
Swiftfoot Boots yay - 2 nay - 0
Army of the Damned yay - 0 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 1 year ago

Nay on Etali, Primal Storm; too high MV, doesn't trigger the commander and relies on opponents library. It is a great card, but I don't think it fits.
Yea on Swiftfoot Boots, it just makes sense here.
nay on Army of the Damned, I think that the MV might be a bit too high here in these colors. This one was a toss up for me, I like it, but I feel like it's a bit too slow for the pace I understood for the deck. Can we add a "revisit later" category once the deck curve shakes out? Edit: changing vote to yea, and looking at rituals to drop the high cost bombs.

On the topic of curve, pumping power off of rituals to the drop a massive bomb is a cool idea. Mana Geyser is the largest ritual I can think of, and could enable those high MV bombs.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

3drinks

Swiftfoot Boots becomes the fastest confirmation. Haaaa.

Etali, Primal Storm yay - 2 nay - 2
Army of the Damned yay - 0 nay - 0
Mana Geyser yay - 0 nay - 0
Last edited by 3drinks 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
Swiftfoot Boots becomes the fastest confirmation. Haaaa.

Army of the Damned yay - 0 nay - 1
Mana Geyser yay - 0 nay - 0
Sorry for flipflopping, but I changed my mind on army of the damned.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 1 year ago

I'll go nay on Army. As nice as the cmc is in conjunction with our commander, zombies entering tapped and not having an innate way to cheat the cost makes it a tough sell in my mind.

I'm not sure if its 24 hours exactly, but this one came to me and I think its a great add. Baeloth Barrityl. Entertainer.

Its a great outlet for the boost our commander gives, at either sorcery or instant speed and helps make our swings favorable. He's also pseudo-removal which isn't irrelevant, and if or when opposing creatures die he gives uf further fuel for casting noncreature spells. I think he'd be a great way of controlling the board in our favor.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

3drinks

I think I'm gonna nay army of the damned as well, since we're not exactly a ramp deck and this is only a super late play. That's the third nay and it knocks it out.

I'm gonna yay for mana geyser and Baeloth though, and in a similar vein, suggest Disrupt Decorum for today. Four mv is a good pump and it set up for the next turn splendidly.

Mana Geyser yay - 1 nay - 0
Baeloth Barrityl. Entertainer. yay - 1 nay - 0
Disrupt Decorum yay - 0 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Yea for Mana Geyser and Disrupt Decorum those are exactly what we want.

My card today is Reiterate. Buyback rates to be great. We will have lots of spells. We can mess with other peoples spells. Good times.

Goes infinite with geyser too.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

Mana Geyser Yay. Great for big plays and shenanigans.
Baeloth Barrityl. Entertainer Yay. Seems like effective yet novel fun.
Disrupt Decorum Yay. Could goad be a subtheme?

Kher Keep. Background food.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

3drinks

That's gonna confirm mana geyser into the deck.

Baeloth Barrityl. Entertainer. yay - 2 nay - 0
Disrupt Decorum yay - 2 nay - 0
Reiterate yay - 0 nay - 0
Kher Keep yay - 0 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Yea on Baeloth Barrityl. Entertainer and Disrupt Decorum: I had missed that the commander can buff up opponents creatures, and goad is a cool subtheme. These two fit the other themes well.
Yea on Reiterate for buyback and narrow infinite combos.
Yea on Kher Keep for tokens.

I already voted on etali. I'll throw in another token maker for defense while we encourage attacks: Ophiomancer.
Commander Decks

toctheyounger

I'll throw one in yea for Decorum, Keep and Reiterate. And because crazy got in before me, yea to Ophiomancer, card is great.

I'm gonna think on my suggestion for today a little, see what else comes up first. I like the goad subtheme idea though. Its stronger than most folk give it credit for.

3drinks

That confirms both Disrupt Decorum and Baeloth, Barrityl Entertainer.

Reiterate yay - 2 nay - 0
Kher Keep yay - 2 nay - 0
Ophiomancer yay - 1 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

toctheyounger

My suggestion is Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge. Utility in a land slot is great and this is quality hand filtering at instant speed.

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent
Pronoun: she / her

Post by aliciaofthevast » 1 year ago

I think I want to yay all three of those cards, Etali is casting three spells for free and can be a house even on it's own. Even though it really really wants haste. I'm also with the Kher Keep and Reiterate suggestions!

Since we want a lot of instants and sorceries, wouldn't that mean we're a great candidate to cast Past in Flames?

3drinks

That's gonna confirm reiterate, kher Keep, and Etali to the deck then.

Ophiomancer yay - 1 nay - 0
Valakut Awakening yay - 0 nay - 0
Past in Flames yay - 0 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Yay on Ophiomancer
Yay on Valukut Stoneforge/Awakening
Yay on Past in Flames

Now, for my suggestion. So many ideas only one card. But I owe it to my boi, the one, the only, Dreadhorde Arcanist. Slapcaster mage is perfect for this deck imho because we're already a spellsinger deck, our commander can pump it's power so we can do crazy things like play mana geyser, pump dreadhorde, replay mana geyser. It of course also has trample, so it might just kill someone too. Seems good to me. Also I figure we will have 1 mana spells such as Village Rites and Faithless Looting so... Anyways that's my suggestion for today.

Stay tuned to see if I ever suggest a non two mana red creature for the deck!
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

toctheyounger

Yeah Arcansit was on my list to suggest so its a yes from me. You don't get banned from Legacy pkay if you're a bad card.

3drinks

Ophiomancer yay - 2 nay - 0
Valakut Awakening yay - 1 nay - 0
Past in Flames yay - 1 nay - 0
Dreadhorde Arcanist yay - 1 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Yay on Ophiomancer, Past in Flames, Valakut Awakening and Dreadhorde.

Bitterblossom. Non-critter and sac-fodder.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

Ok I don't know if I'm doing this right, but...

Yay on Ophiomancer, Past in Flames, Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge, Dreadhorde Arcanist, and Bitterblossom.

I'd like to boringly suggest Solemn Simulacrum for likely obvious reasons. It ramps us and is more than happy to die to Cultist of the Absolute.

EDIT: 1000 posts boyeeeeee! Y'all can't nay Sad Robot now, lest you sully the magnificence of this, my 1000th post. Get to yayin'.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”