Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Tivit's Bed and Breakfast: Blinks, Resuscitation, and Stupid Clone Tricks

Decklist

Planeswalkers (1)

Enchantment (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

This deck is a largely unoptimized pile of blink/mass resuscitate cards I had laying around. This deck goes whole hog on the fetch ramp plan pretty much, looking to crack a bunch of fetches then cast Faith's Reward...then later sacrifice a bunch of Tivit, Seller of Secrets's and Faith's Reward.

It has a drop of mass blink to fill out the gaps there, and some talismans to enable the Eldrazi Displacer interaction with Tivit (Where you can get 2 clues per 1 colorless mana or potentially blank a board of blockers).

Overall this deck is an answer to my new shop meta that thinks playing whackamole legends is fine, so here we go, it's Tivit Time.

Notably, there are no real infinite combos in this deck that are practical. The goal is to make 7 copies of Tivit, Seller of Secrets and kill people with sphinxes.

It is possible to set up an infinite combo with Phyrexian Altar, Second Sunrise and Archaeomancer -- you sacrifice tivit and archaeomancer for mana, then cast Second Sunrise and you net 1 treasure and some clues per iteration. Interestingly, this is an interaction where people may eventually force you to vote for Clues yourself once they catch on that you're getting infinite mana anyway, but whatever.

Interestingly, because we get two treasures per iteration Ashnod's Altar also goes infinite with Faith's Reward, and less infinite with Living Death and Second Sunrise.

These combos are...fairly impractical and easy to disrupt, but mostly included because the altars are straight up good stuff and they protect Tivit, Seller of Secrets from theft effects.

Other wombo combos I've seen in there
* Any doubling ETB effect + Cryptic Command will draw your deck. You get 4 treasures per so you can bounce Tivit+Draw.
* Displacer Kitten Hostage Taker probably goes infinite with some array of mana rocks on the board
* The Yorion, Sky Nomad end step loop with Tivit, Seller of Secrets is pretty good
* Any ETB doubling effect plus Restoration Angel + Felidar Guardian probably goes inifnite
* some other stuff with Ghostly Flicker and doublers
* Tezzeret, Master of Metal makes Tivit, Seller of Secrets pretty close to free, and can go infinite with a doubler and Phyrexian Altar -- if you're making +8 clues per sacrifice and 4 treasures to pay the colored mana cost:P

In general, we will be looking to use one of the 5 or so effects that make non-legendary Tivits, and then put a Blade of Selves on one of those, and ideally just go nuts.

NOTE: The peanut gallery will be amused to see that I have a Reliquary Tower in this deck. The deck draws a bajillion cards and I needed one more colorless mana source. It might not survive. But since I have minimal actual reanimation (just Living Death) I don't really benefit from dumping over handsize.
Last edited by pokken 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

Tags:

pokken

Reserved for Deck Notes

Cards I need to get:
Not sure I want to use all of those but that's what's currently on my wishlist.

I'm also debating whether I want a Pitiless Plunderer and potentially a third sac outlet in this deck. Gotta noodle on that some.

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

What is commander whackamole? I'm guessing that it means commanders just die immediately, and you want the ward / etb for resilience?

List looks great — a little annoyed that you didn't steer me more in this direction when I was building my own list…

I can attest to the idea's strength though for sure. And if 1 Tivit was tough to beat, I can only imagine 5 of them!

pokken

Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
What is commander whackamole? I'm guessing that it means commanders just die immediately, and you want the ward / etb for resilience?

List looks great — a little annoyed that you didn't steer me more in this direction when I was building my own list…

I can attest to the idea's strength though for sure. And if 1 Tivit was tough to beat, I can only imagine 5 of them!
Whackamole is where you have to keep killing someone's commander or they take over the game/instantly kill you (lookin at you Etali, Primal Conqueror // Etali, Primal Sickness)

I wish I had thought of this build then lol :) (I also personally had been trying to avoid the non-legendary clone route, but that barn door is closed I guess, I see it everywhere now). I mean it's not rocket surgery I guess, but the aristocratsy Second Sunrise synergizing with ramp stuff just feels perfect.

In goldfishing it seems like maybe it needs some more early game card draw bros and maybe a little more ramp (missing Brought Back and Loyal Warhound type stuff. I did order the rest of the cards I want to have on hand, so should be able to at least get Brought Back in there soon. And I think I need to add Expedition Map or some other Displacer Kitten outlet.

Got any thoughts on more Mulldrifter creatures? I got so far :

pokken

PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Sea Gate Oracle?

Faerie Mastermind and Ledger Shredder are the new hotness of course.
Thinkin I might try Court Hussar since it's on color. MIght be nice to have the ability to kill it with blinks and reanimate, and digging three.

I don't love how the new static Worstic Studies on legs don't generate crazy value from Panharmonicon stuff in this deck, but will try to decide if they're worth it.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

I forget about Court Hussar because I rarely play , but seems fine. Self destructs when blinked is not my favorite if that is the synergy you want. Digs a card deeper but doesn't stick around for repeated fun.

Rumor Gatherer works with Panharmonicon to make a Welcoming Vampire that triggers of any creature and scrys a bunch. Both have synergy with blink, but not being blink targets. If I'm planning to blink a creature on other players turn, I'm probably considering Welcoming Vampire even if it doesn't interact with Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines because it is solid value regardless.

Champion of Wits can loot a lot with blinks. Helps with reanimation, but doesn't put you up on cards.

pokken

So I got to try this deck out last week. It was pretty dominant but we almost lost to a mindcrank bloodchief deck. Well, everyone else lost to it. I cast Cosmic Intervention sacced my board and then double triggered everything. Then overloaded a rift after everyone else died to mindcrank. Womp womp.

He tried to kill everyone with a sweeper and online mindcrank but nothing went to my graveyard because of cosmic intervention. He elected to kill everyone else because he thought he'd get me later but rift says no

Cosmic Intervention is a ridiculous card. I love it so much. :P

pokken

Post by pokken » 11 months ago

This deck is....so stupid. I curved into 3 tivits (tivit, sakashima, glass pool mimic copying sakashima). Then I whir'd for Phyrexian Altar and did Second Sunrise and Faith's Reward %$#%$#%, into Panharmonicon plus Felidar Guardian plus Restoration Angel for the infinite tivits blah blah etc etc.

It's so very fun for some reason though. Just so much inevitability. I might need to try to find some more ways find/loop the sunrises though because that is super super fun.

samanater456

Post by samanater456 » 11 months ago

Hello all, Blade of Selves So you'll make 2 more copies of Tivit, 2 etb triggers happen and then legend rule applies sacking the tokens? Is this correct in how it works?

pokken

samanater456 wrote:
11 months ago
Hello all, Blade of Selves So you'll make 2 more copies of Tivit, 2 etb triggers happen and then legend rule applies sacking the tokens? Is this correct in how it works?
yes. unless you put it on a Sakashima of a Thousand Faces copying Tivit, Seller of Secrets (or even just control one)

samanater456

That's still insane. I don't play either Shima's. Just play the abusive flicker stuff like ephemerate Conjurer's Closet but myriad is hilarious with Tivit.

pokken

samanater456 wrote:
11 months ago
That's still insane. I don't play either Shima's. Just play the abusive flicker stuff like ephemerate Conjurer's Closet but myriad is hilarious with Tivit.
Yeah it can be super good for sure, the equip cost is basically paid for by the trigger and you get 6 clues for free, just the first time. I was on the fence until I realized how good it was when you had a cloneable tivit since then it's....kinda ridiculous when you get the extra votes :P

3 tivits that stay on the battlefield genrate something like...24 treasures if they all connect? :P

samanater456

My list for reference, https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ZusAO6BJmkKMx7mo1-MiUw doing a simple $50 a month precon upgrade and this deck hoses some stronger lists.

pokken

samanater456 wrote:
11 months ago
My list for reference, https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ZusAO6BJmkKMx7mo1-MiUw doing a simple $50 a month precon upgrade and this deck hoses some stronger lists.
Seems pretty solidly tuned to me:) probably more interactive than my build, and faster too. I'm surprised at myself for still not finding another Archaeomancer's Map

Irenicus's Vile Duplication and Phantasmal Image are some effects you'll probably get some mileage out of.

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 10 months ago

Still playing this @pokken?

I've been thinking about brewing something similar and am weighing between Tivit, Seller of Secrets and Atraxa, Grand Unifier.

What are your two cents?
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

pokken

Post by pokken » 10 months ago

Dunadain wrote:
10 months ago
Still playing this @pokken?

I've been thinking about brewing something similar and am weighing between Tivit, Seller of Secrets and Atraxa, Grand Unifier.

What are your two cents?
I still have it and it's gross. Usually only play it every couple weeks. Has not lost a game yet.

I think tivit is way better. Easier mana, ward 3, makes mana.

Atraxa is fine but you have to work pretty hard to ramp that out and I'd rather be doing stuff.

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 10 months ago

Sounds about right, honestly considering Atraxa, Grand Unifier because I'm hoping she'll be less groan inducing.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 9 months ago

Good Lord.

I updated my blink list, taking out several of the single target blinks for the clone package, Panharmonicon, and went harder on the Second Sunrise effects.

Some highlights from the game —

Panharmonicon into Tivit, Seller of Secrets into Spark Double on the same turn, leaving up 6 treasures.

Universal Surveillance for 11 drawing into Reliquary Tower, and keeping up 6 mana.

Eerie Interlude in response to Cyclonic Rift with Archaeomancer, Tivit, Seller of Secrets, and Spark Double in play.

Combined efforts of 2 opponents - Damnation into my Ghostway which got Mana Drained. No problem, Wake the Dead getting back the aforementioned Archaeomancer, Tivit, Spark Double, play Eerie Interlude to keep them around after all.

I think this deck wants Krark-Clan Ironworks- would have been a great grab off Whir of Invention to use my 40-odd clues that I wound up with.

pokken

Post by pokken » 9 months ago

Chromaticus wrote:
9 months ago
No problem, Wake the Dead getting back the aforementioned Archaeomancer, Tivit, Spark Double, play Eerie Interlude to keep them around after all.
just be careful about the timing of clone rules, Spark Double can't clone things it enters at the same time as. That's the main weakness of the clone+breakfast package is you usually need to replay Tivit and then do it.

I definitely could see using Krark-Clan Ironworks. I honestly am not sure how much tuning of this deck I am going to do outside of early game consistency since Tivit + Panharmonicon is almost unbeatable as is.

also Inspiring Statuary has a kind o contention with Krark-Clan Ironworks where you would rather 1) keep the non-clue artifact count low, and 2) keep the clues on the field. So I usually err on the side of getting statuary right now.

samanater456

Post by samanater456 » 4 months ago

You still jaming Tivit? He continues to be my favourite commander. Spark Double continues to be my favourite card in the deck.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 4 months ago

samanater456 wrote:
4 months ago
You still jaming Tivit? He continues to be my favourite commander. Spark Double continues to be my favourite card in the deck.
@pokken is taking a long term hiatus from magic, hasn't been active here in a few months unfortunately

samanater456

Post by samanater456 » 4 months ago

Gah that's unfortunate, always loved hearing feedback :(

pokken

Post by pokken » 4 months ago

samanater456 wrote:
4 months ago
I've still got the deck but haven't played in a while. The deck...just did not lose. Every time I got it out people groaned. I honestly cannot remember if it has ever lost a game but maybe once someone combo'd out?

The deck is generally massively untuned, and the spark doubles honestly are not that great in it (dudes who blink on ETB are stronger with this particular build), so I'm somewhat unsure of that angle. It was good, but it had a lot of nonbo moments with breakfast effects.

Overall this deck tended to be short of interaction a little (which was by design) which made it a little boring to play. I think I'd probably play more sweepers if I busted it out again, as a sweeper + breakfast is a natural blowout that's synergistic and also good if you don't have tivit yet.

The ramp package was also a little clunky and rebuilding it I would cut all the talismans for more action ramp -- Sword of Hearth and Home was bananas, Talisman of Dominance was boring garbage.

pokken

Post by pokken » 4 months ago

I need to update the op and probably add abuelo. I think there was another stupid non legendary clone too.

https://deckbox.org/sets/3391371

Above is my current deck. It's changed some mainly adding brought back package and cutting talismans which I hate.

Hard to believe I am out of copies of tithe but sure am :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”