[C19] Full deck lists (all up)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2019-08-05

EDIT: just renaming the thread to avoid posting the same thing when they add another list to it each day.
Last edited by Rumpy5897 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Mire in Misery & Voice of Many are yet to be revealed, right?

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Yeah, weird stuff. I can't seem to locate those anywhere either.

That said, the reprints in this one seem pretty okay. Not insane or anything, but better than last year for sure.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

interesting how they're giving us decklists earlier rather than later, waiting to spoil the cards after names are announced

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

Not impressed. Was expecting more after they said that they were going to give better reprints. They gave us the bare minimal here. Also missing Ixidor was a massive fail. New cards are kinda mixed and can jsut get them as singles Definitly a hard pass for me.

Whiffypenguin

Post by Whiffypenguin » 4 years ago

Volrath is sweet. Or is it? Seems like a pass for me on Sultai barring the last two cards are insane!

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Guys don't post the value of reprints the esrb thing is gone the deck will be that expensive

The only fatal mistake i see is Ixidor, Reality Sculptor is not a reprint that should have Ben there in all means

Thank the heavens I snag one when I was building a animar deck that's a combination of morph and what animar usually does

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Deck looks respectable. Not enough singles I want to justify picking up the entire deck, but if you want a morph themed deck, then there are a lot of good inclusions. The deck itself looks to be pretty functional out of the box - has a good mix of ramp, threats, and interaction, but the morph theme itself is very present.

Not a ton of singles I plan to pick up, but there are a few I'm happy to see - Seedborn Muse most obviously, but Thran Dynamo and Strionic Resonator, while not particularly expensive, are still nice pickups.

I think the real star here is the manabase though - I count six untapped duals / fixing lands, which is a significant improvement over last year's decks (which I believe only had Command Tower). Nothing super expensive, but every bit helps. Also a nice collection of utility lands to fetch up with Tempt with Discovery.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Ixidor, Reality Sculptor is a huge miss and a huge let-down.

All the other misses are reasonable - I'd have liked to see Whisperwood Elemental, Temur War Shaman, Unblinking Bleb, Brine Elemental, Zoetic Cavern, and Mischievous Quanar but it's not like any of those are going to break the bank. I was also holding out hope for some combination of Heartless Summoning, Cloud Key, and Dream Chisel but knew it was a longshot since they are nonbos with the deck's Commander.

In terms of #value reprints, it's not awful?

- It's nice to finally see more than one dual land in the deck - and it's good ones, even, with Sunken Hollow and Darkwater Catacombs alongside some pain lands with Llanowar Wastes and Yavimaya Coast (although not getting a full trio of pains is :\ ).

- More valuable is reprints of Ash Barrens, Thespian's Stage, Myriad Landscape, Reliquary Tower, and perennial include Command Tower. That's some nice bonus in the land slots - like $15 value and a nice starter set for newbie's first EDH list.

- Seedborn Muse shows we'll probably get one good "big money" reprint per deck, but there's a good smattering of smaller value reprints too like Overwhelming Stampede, Strionic Resonator, Thran Dynamo, Vraska the Unseen, Tempt with Discovery and good ol' Sol Ring.

All told those reprints very nearly cover the cost of a deck before we even talk about those new cards (which is good as so far lots of them feel fun but few of them seem like total game-changing staples).

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

I am happy with the lands. No Vivids, some good reprints that won't draw attention from non-Commander players, making sure these precons stay available (imagine how shocks and fetches would make them unobtainable by commander players).

I am impressed. The morph deck had my vote for the deck that would be worth the least.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

CommanderMaster999

I'm gonna guess the other new cards not shown are uncommons or commons for the other 3 decks

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Lands are alright, but this one is a very hard pass for me. I can't stand Morph and honestly the only new card I've liked for far is thought sponge.

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 4 years ago

I'm not surprised by the lack of Ixidor, Reality Sculptor. It was likely him or Ixidron and I think they picked the one with more interesting play.

They seem to have done a good job with the morph critters, picking a lot of fun and interesting ones, including several of the best. And most of the ones they skipped are the result of personal taste and are cheap to acquire.

The only miss for me is the lack of Morphic Pool. It's probably a little more expensive than is ideal, but still manageable. The bigger thing is, why make multiplayer specific lands if you aren't going to include them in your multiplayer product?

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not surprised by the lack of Ixidor, Reality Sculptor. It was likely him or Ixidron and I think they picked the one with more interesting play.

They seem to have done a good job with the morph critters, picking a lot of fun and interesting ones, including several of the best. And most of the ones they skipped are the result of personal taste and are cheap to acquire.

The only miss for me is the lack of Morphic Pool. It's probably a little more expensive than is ideal, but still manageable. The bigger thing is, why make multiplayer specific lands if you aren't going to include them in your multiplayer product?
To be fair the bond lands were printed in a multiplayer product. Just not commander. I believe they might have been missed out as they want to include similar land patterns in each deck like each one having a battle land from BFZ and painlands. The bond land cycle doesn't cover the madness decks colours yet (i expect this to change in the future).

Love the complete decklist though. Seems solid out of the box yet can be easily improved with little investment. Surprised by the lack of taplands I automatically assume all commander precons to have.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

The land base being presentable is quite similar to C16. That was also led by the same guy as this set.

This Ethan Fleischer fanboy post brought to you by my desire to make it :P

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 4 years ago

Serpent_Steve wrote:
4 years ago
Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
To be fair the bond lands were printed in a multiplayer product. Just not commander. I believe they might have been missed out as they want to include similar land patterns in each deck like each one having a battle land from BFZ and painlands. The bond land cycle doesn't cover the madness decks colours yet (i expect this to change in the future).
Madness deck is black-red. Luxury Suite

Obviously, Battlebond was a multiplayer product. It's more a case of they were popular, no longer easily available, and here is the perfect opportunity to reprint them. I mean, you can wait until next year but then their value is even higher and it becomes even more of a balancing act. Besides, the people who want them are the people who are going to want these decks. It's not a case of legacy players scooping up specific decks for singles (which is fine, but less than ideal).

The land base is fine. It's pretty good (Although if every deck is running Temple of the False God I will be annoyed). It just feels like the BBD duals should probably be mainstays in the commander deck products unless they are saving them for future multiplayer product releases.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

I am not very impressed with the deck as a whole but the landbase is surprisingly decent. The problem with a bunch of morph cards is that they really aren't all that useful in commander outside of the one commander that they support. So from that perspective most of these cards are kind of narrow in use for commander.

I guess we get a reprint of seedborn at least... This deck is otherwise not really that impressive to me sadly.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
Serpent_Steve wrote:
4 years ago
Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
Madness deck is black-red. Luxury Suite

Obviously, Battlebond was a multiplayer product. It's more a case of they were popular, no longer easily available, and here is the perfect opportunity to reprint them. I mean, you can wait until next year but then their value is even higher and it becomes even more of a balancing act. Besides, the people who want them are the people who are going to want these decks. It's not a case of legacy players scooping up specific decks for singles (which is fine, but less than ideal).

The land base is fine. It's pretty good (Although if every deck is running Temple of the False God I will be annoyed). It just feels like the BBD duals should probably be mainstays in the commander deck products unless they are saving them for future multiplayer product releases.
Oh yeah. I thought they were only in enemy colours for some reason lol.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Bumpitty, flashback up.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

sexymsjackson23

Post by sexymsjackson23 » 4 years ago

Did we get Elisha of the infinite yet? That's supposedly the other Mythic legendary I believe yet I haven't seen it (or
If it did show up...didn't see the reveal).

Edit just saw the forum now. Disregard this comment

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

spots the Zetalpa, Primal Dawn reprint

...what?

Beefslab aside, I'm a bit less impressed by the reprints in this one than the morphs. The mana base skimps out on a lot of the passable nonbasics the other one ran and just jams basics instead. Why? The only synergy with them that I can see is Burnished Hart, I doubt the lack of fixing is driven by the desire to keep Sun Titan-recurred Harts afloat forever. Maybe they're balanced internally to play well against each other, but this looks inconsistent on paper.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Flashback deck looks underwhelming reprint-wise, but there are a few nice things in there - Sun Titan, Ghostly Prison, and Clever Impersonator, and a few others. Pristine Angel reprint is unexpected but cool.

Not sure how the power level / quality of the deck compares to the morph deck, but I suspect some of that corresponds to the relative power levels of Sultai vs Jeskai - the ramp package is significantly weaker for Jeskai, for example. There are some flashback cards in the list that don't work very well with the commander (such as Divine Reckoning and Dusk / Dawn), which are a bit awkward.

Lands are more disappointing - I see Command Tower, Exotic Orchard and Prairie Stream as the only untapped fixing lands, but no painlands or utility lands.

CommanderMaster999

Sun titan is defiantly the best one that's always gonna value no matter the number of reprints

The biggest fail is for the millionth time in a row

No Rhystic Study reprint for any of the decks

For peak sake wizards surrender that card for reprint already

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

There are a few more "misses" in this deck - I am glad they made sure the deck had Increasing Vengeance, Increasing Devotion, and River Kelpie. but it's a shame to not get Catalyst Stone or Past in Flames. I'd also have liked to see Commit // Memory, Beacon Bolt, and Call the Skybreaker, although it isn't breaking the bank or anything to acquire them.

The real miss is in the manabase - given how mana-hungry a flashback deck is, it would have been nice to get Fellwar Stone or a few signets instead of the lockets we got. I also got my hopes up from how good the Morph deck's manabase was, and am surprised to have only one "good" dual here (in Prairie Stream), when the Morph deck had that alongside an Odyssey filter and two painlands. I am glad we are getting Ash Barrens and Myriad Landscape in every deck though; it's high time we kill the high price of those.

The big ticket items are Clever Impersonator and Ghostly Prison (alongside Kelpie) which aren't nearly as ubiquitous as Seedborn Muse. Overall a bit of a letdown.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Looks like WotC has learned from the mistakes of the past, from the two decks shown so far, both have very solid land reprints and not a Vivid Land to be seen (thank Hades for that),

As for the other cards, I am seeing a considerable amount of good reprints for the themes presented. Not perfect of course, but fairly solid.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”