The Prismatic Bi%$§

Decreator
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Decreator » 1 year ago

The Prismatic Bridge
Approximate Total Cost:

Hello Community,

This is my first post in this forum and I hope I followed the rules regarding posting decks here. If not, please kindly give me a hint.

The purpose of my post is to get advice from some experienced fellows in this forum. The current decklist contains 110 cards and I have some difficulties on the following points:

- What would you cut from this deck (and maybe why)?
- Is more land ramp needed?
- Is mana ramp sufficient?
- Which cards would you exchange and for what?

My aim is to get more consistency and to improve the deck overall without using infinite combos.

I appreciate any feedback very much.

Kind regards
Decreator
Last edited by Decreator 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Decreator

No recommendations? Maybe I did something wrong? :(

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

No need for sympathy plays! people are just busy XD. Keep updating the list and people will take notice sooner or later.

As for advice:

34 lands seems low, I'd aim for 37-40 but I always run way more lands than most people.

You seem to have a bunch of synergy "packages" that don't really interact with each other, Atraxa, Praetors' Voice goes nicely with all your planeswalkers, and Emiel the Blessed goes nicely with Dockside Extortionist/Ertai Resurrected/Valki, God of Lies // Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor, but does nothing for your planes walkers (btw Emiel the Blessed + Dockside Extortionist is an infinite combo, which is fine but you said you wanted to avoid those).

consider cutting the small creatures like Birds of Paradise as they are feels bad when you flip them off of the prismatic bridge.

Otherwise I ain't got much, deck looks miserable to play against, but I think that's the point.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

I think I'd start cuts with things that don't seem to go very well with the Bridge

-Valki, God of Lies // Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor seems bad, since I think you could only put the first half in
-Ertai Resurrected seems like just kinda good stuff that isn't that good of a hit and is overcosted.
-I don't understand Farseek over Nature's Lore or Three Visits
-Teyo, the Shieldmage seems really medium to me
-I might be missing the point of Estrid, the Masked with no auras and stuff
-Old Gnawbone just feels weird and kinda pointless to me. Most of the creature bombs feel kinda that way to me with the plan being to Decree of Annihilation with planeswalkers.
-Kaya, Bane of the Dead feels just aggressively mediocre.
-Tormod's Crypt feels pretty cuttable to me. There are much better graveyard hate options out there, even just Relic of Progenitus, but I am not sure the deck needs any of those. Maybe there's a planeswalker that can do it?
-Lotus Cobra feels probably worse than Bloom Tender a lot of times, but not sure

The manabase seems a little disjointed to me. Pathways are pretty iffy in a 5c manabase and you'd think you'd want Mana Confluence. Bojuka Bog in a 5c deck with no land tutors feels pointless to me.

I think if you're trying to beast mode, the artifact ramp package probably makes sense. It's very fast. But I don't think you have quite enough. I think i'd at least add Mana Crypt.

You might want to think about a Trinket Mage option since a t3 trinket mage into t4 bridge is pretty playable, and you have a lot of ways to get a t2 mage.

I think if I were building this deck I would
* Cut some of the top end creatures
* add some more ramp
* do some serious reflection on whether you want to be a core green deck or a core blue deck, and rejigger your mana and ramp package to support that. Given how many of the payoffs for walkers are artifacts, playing blue heavy and using more rocks kinda makes sense to me personally.
* Think about the interaction package, trying to interact almost exclusively with expensive walkers and creatures is hard.

This is one where I think looking at the Edhrec might benefit you; Esika proliferate feels like a pretty well trod theme to me.

Tevesh

Post by Tevesh » 1 year ago

I'd add at least four more lands, at least. I have an Esika deck that's intentionally made as clunky as possible, it's still a house as my 'Legends Tribal' deck.

Decreator

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it! Sorry for the late reply, I was off for some time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”