Athreos - The Sweeping Janitor

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

I wanted to find a deck that Farewell felt really at home. In some of my early builds I had more of the False Prophet / Final Judgment kind of stuff but I realized that I was ending up with a mostly creature based deck myself and so I shifted a little more to include some sweepers that would include artifacts and enchantments as well.

I ended up with a lot of my creatures being on the more controlling end of the spectrum. I might end up needing to cut into some of my overall interaction and add more draw possibly but I have to end up with a starting point somewhere. I figured though that several of the more controlling creatures were backed up by Athreos making them a lot stickier which seemed good to me. I generally don't like running Sheoldred, Whispering One for instance given her tendency to not be alive by the following turn but in this list I pushed to include her due to the option to protect her with Athreos.

Unrelated but, if anyone else has seen Moon Night on Disney+ does that art on Athreos not look a LOT like the vengeance god?

Decklist

COMMANDER (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Maybe:
Path to Exile
Settle the Wreckage
Last edited by ISBPathfinder 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

kraus911

Post by kraus911 » 2 years ago

Working on my own orzhov control list so was excited to see yours. Curious about Trove Warden. Card you have good experience with, trying out? Seems slow and might be better as Sevinne's Reclamation, but I have trouble gauging the effectiveness of cards like that.

Grim Haruspex perhaps?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

kraus911 wrote:
2 years ago
Working on my own orzhov control list so was excited to see yours. Curious about Trove Warden. Card you have good experience with, trying out? Seems slow and might be better as Sevinne's Reclamation, but I have trouble gauging the effectiveness of cards like that.

Grim Haruspex perhaps?
Trove Warden - to be honest, I really haven't had a lot of experience with it. I played it for a bit in another deck with some sac concepts to it but wasn't overly impressed in the end. The fact that I can pop it to recover my lands and have it back in play immidiately after that does seem kind of appealing to me though. I will probably have to do a bit of toying with things as you could be right on Reclamation over it. I ended up being a few cards short that I am waiting on in the mail and reclimation is in with the warden for now but I can't really say for sure which way I will lean without playing it a bit.

Grim Haruspex - I probably want to see how the deck plays first. I felt like I wouldn't see enough triggers to justify a lot of things that see other creatures deaths but maybe. I added the sac outlet creatures at the last second because I wasn't sure that I could support myself quite just off of a few sac lands. I think this card gets a little worse also if I increase the amount of exile wraths I run so it will depend a bit on how testing goes and what direction I want to push as things change.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”