Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Nagi, Nefarious Nepenthes
2bgu
Legendary Creature - Plant (M)
Whenever Nagi, Nefarious Nepenthes enters the battlefield, deals combat damage to a player, or you cast a creature spell, choose one-
-Create Lush Pitcher-Plant, a 2/3 green Plant host creature token with "When this creature enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token."
-Create Garden Slug, a 1/5 black Slug host creature token with "When this creature enters the battlefield, exile target card from a graveyard. You gain 1 life."
-Create [Half-Faerie, Half-], a blue +1/+1 blue Faerie creature token with flying, augment, and "[Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker:]", then combine it with a host.
4/6
This screams Little Shop Of Horrors which is wonderful. An augment card in the mutate colors makes perfect sense and I love things that make multiplie tokens. Would love it even more if you had to use potted plants for the tokens or Nagi itself was also a host somehow. I know that'd take some creative templating but i could see it.
Cap'n Crawckers, Parrot Pirate
1ubr
Legendary Creature - Bird Pirate (R)
Flying, menace
Cap'n Crawckers gets +1/+0 fer each matey in yer crew. (Yer crew consists o' up to to one Pirate critter each o' Bird, Gobl'n, Human, Orc, an' Siren.)
Whenev'r Cap'n deals combat damage to a player or planeslubber, draw a card, then discard a card. If ye 'ave a full crew, return up to two target Pirate critter cards chosn a' randum from yer Davy Jones' Locker to the battlefield.
1/3
Huge fan of this card. It has everything I love Birds, pirates, graveyard shenanigans. My only comment is it's not quite Un enough but other than that it's great.
Nuttoria, Ultimate Hermit
2gwb
Legendary Creature - Squirrel Druid (R)
When Nuttoria, Ultimate Hermit enters the battlefield, choose one-
-Create four 1/1 green Squirrel creature tokens.
-Roll a six-sided die. Create a number of 1/1 green Squirrel creature tokens equal to the result. If you roll a 1, put an indestructible counter on Nuttoria.
Other Squirrels you control get +1/+1 and deathtouch.
1/1
"I come from the deep forest, yet I am not deranged."
Very fun. You can go for the sure bet or hope for the big pay off. I fell like youll almost always pick the first mode though. Maybe if it said "at random" that has to me a flavor of "you never know which way a squirrel will go". I feel like this could be monogreen.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Farnsworth, Counterfeit Extraordinaire 1GUR
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor (R)
Menace
When Farnsworth, Counterfeit Extraordinaire enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player, create two Treasure tokens with the artist, set symbol, and collector number of your choice. (Both tokens have the same choices. You must choose an existing Magic artist and set symbol and a valid collector number for that set.)
4/3
I love modifying cards and this is very cool. Art matters is one of my favorite themes and I'm sure theres a lot that could be done with I can't think of. Very nice.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Apple, Woodland Princess GBW
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Noble (R)
Reach, Vigilance
Squirrel creatures you control have forestwalk.
Apple, Woodland Princess enters the battlefield with three branch counters on her.
T, Remove a branch counter from Apple, Woodland Princess: Put an acorn counter on target land, that land is a forest in addition to its other types.
"She has the loveliest set of acorns." - Acornalia.
3/4
Squirrel lord for Acornalia is nice but theres not a lot thats UN about this. I would like to see it say something like "that cards art has an acorn in it now" or something like that.
Grand Calcutron 6.66 WUB
Legendary Artifact
Grand Calcutron 6.66 can be your commander.
When Grand Calcutron 6.66 enters the battlefield, the top 5 cards of each player's library become a program (an ordered row of revealed cards).
Players cannot search or shuffle their libraries.
If a player would draw a card, they draw the X+1th card of their program instead, where X is the converted mana cost of the last card they drew from their program modulo 5. Then place a new card from the top of your deck anywhere in the program. (If they have not previously drawn a card from their program, X is 0)
I would definitely love to torment my opponent with this card but trying to explain it is gonna be a lot of hassle. Great use of double side putting the explanation on the back. I would really love to see that.
Pippy the Pauper Player 1W
Legendary Creature- Human Peasant Gamer (R)
You may play Pippy in a Pauper deck if your friends are cool with it.
1UG: The next creature spell you cast this turn enters the battlefield as a copy of any creature that has been printed at common with the exact same mana cost as the spell cast. (Don't slow down the game looking stuff up.)
1/2
I really like the design. We need more cards like this. This would be a great addition to the format
Pierre the Peasant Player 2W
Legendary Creature- Human Peasant Gamer (R)
First Strike
You may play Pierre in a Peasant deck if your friends are cool with it.
1RU: The next instant or sorcery spell you cast resolves as a copy of any instant or sorcery spell that has been printed at common or uncommon with the exact same mana cost and card type as the spell cast. (Don't slow down the game looking stuff up.)
2/2
See above.
Spike, Format Destroyer B
Legendary Creature- Human Gamer (M)
Spike is banned.
Spike enters the battlefield tapped.
: The next spell you cast resolves as a copy of any spell with the exact same mana cost and card types as the spell cast. (Don't slow down the game looking stuff up.)
2/1
That definitely feels like a spike. The reminder text is great.

Yahaeyra, All Encompassing 4
Legendary Snow Artifact Enchantment Creature (R)
Changeling
Yahaeyra is all colors.
2: Add one mana of any type.
4/4
I actually really love this card but it's missing the World super style. :P
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Fourkast, Moody Weatherman
urw
Legendary Creature - Weird (U)
As long as it's sunny, creatures you control get +1/+0 and have haste.
As long as it's raining, creatures you control get +0/+1 and have hexproof.
As long as it's snowing, creatures you control are snow in addition to their other types and have flying.
As long as it's just cloudy/overcast, at the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.
2/3
I love these type of cards but I'm from Texas. 99% of the time it's sunny haha.
Vorthos, Flavor Savior

Legendary Creature - Human Gamer (M)
: Until end of turn, Vorthos, Flavor Savior has "Whenever a legendary creature or planeswalker dies, its controller may pay 2 or 2 life. If they do, they search their library, hand, and/or graveyard for a legendary card with a different name that depicts that same character and puts it onto the battlefield. If they searched their library this way, they shuffle it."
Legendary creatures and planeswalkers can't block or target permanents that depict the same character as themselves.
"Here's my fanfiction; angst, romance, slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers, involves time-travel and the concept of parallel dimensions, some rareships, and some characters may be OOC..."
1/1
Character matters as a subset of art matters is really cool. Defintely wanna put this in my Weatherlight deck.
Mel, Mechanics Master

Legendary Creature - Human Gamer (M)
Name a nonland card not in your deck. Issue errata for that card. The card remains errata-ed until your next turn. Any player may pay 4 to end this effect. (Yes, you can make someone lose from playing a Black Lotus. Don't be a jerk.)
1/1
"Let's look up Oracle, shall we? MwahahaHAHAHA!"
I really like where this card is going. Anything that makes an opponents life a pain in a really roundabout way is fun for me. Errata: This card costs 999. LOL
Citizen Snips
Legendary Creature — Crab Wizard (R)
Whenever Citizen Snips enters the battlefield or you draw your second card in a turn, you may exile a creature card from your graveyard and cut it in half. If you do, put two creature tokens onto the battlefield that are copies of it except one has half its power and toughness each rounded up and the other has half its power and toughness each rounded down.
3/3
I am definitely gonna use this with the cards that let me put opponents cards into my hand >:P
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Sluglord Sal WUB
Legendary Creature — Slug Noble {R}
When Sluglord Sal enters the battlefield, for each opponent, that player creates three Gunk tokens and shuffles them into their library. You create three Juice tokens and shuffle them into your library. Copy this ability for each time you've cast a commander this game past the first.
3/3

Gunk
Artifact
When you cycle Gunk, you lose 1 life.
Cycling 2

Juice 1
Artifact
Sacrifice Juice: Scry 1, then draw a card. You gain 1 life.
I designed a legendary slug once and also named him sal. Gunk is great and I would love to drink some slug juice.
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
King Brewster McNugget
Legendary Creature - Bird King (M)
Double strike, trample
Cooped (Cooped creatures halve all combat damage received while blocking.)
Free-range creatures you control gain cooped.
When King Brewster McNugget dies, put a sorcery token card into your hand named "The Cock Crows Again" with the rules text and mana cost of "The Cock Crows Again." If you don't know the rules text and mana cost of "The Cock Crows Again," the token only wastes space in your hand.
3/3

The Cock Crows Again
Sorcery (U)
Roll a 6 sided die. The Cock Crows Again has the indicated effect.
1 — You gain 2 life.
2 — Draw a card.
3 — Search your library for a Bird card, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put it into your hand.
4 — Put two +1/+1 counters on a Bird creature you control.
5 — Return a Bird creature from your graveyard to the battlefield.
6 — Repeat this process two additional times.
I have no idea what free range creatures are and I don't care. These are great.
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Brian, Baleful Bailiff
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a collector number.
Cards with collector numbers chosen by Brian can't be cast.
2/2
(666)
Haha this is gonna be such a pain I love it.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Chicken Little, Sky Crier WRG
Legendary Creature - Chicken
Flying
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player puts a doom counter on target nonland permanent if it has no doom counters on it.
T: Drop a land card from your hand onto the battlefield from a height of two feet. Destroy any permanents that it touches that have doom counters on it.
Chicken Little foresaw it all, the sky would fall and destroy both the short and tall.
1/1
This is really cool just all together. Really good use of dropping and uses doom counters, two fun things.
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Winner: KoolKoal with King Brewster McNugget. It had just the right amount of UN.
HM: Sporegorger Dragon for Cap'n Crawkers. I would love to play this card but it seem printable in a non-Un set.
Next: Wild Magic

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Told you it was the best I could come up with on short notice, if I'd had a couple of days to get into the right mindset, I'd have done a lot better.

Wild magic, eh? Hmm.... give me a moment...

Unpredictable Outcome 3R
Sorcery (R)
Buyback 2U
Shuffle your library, then reveal and exile the top card of it. Until end of turn, you may play that card without paying it's casting cost (you must still pay additional costs.) If the spell has X in its casting cost, X is 0.
"In an attempt by Sal to create the perfect apple pie, she ended up with a dragon." - Excerpt from the Izzet children's book "The Little Experimenter".

IIW: Superheroes and Supervillains.
Last edited by Krishnath 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Ludvic, Erratic Researcher WUR
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
1W, T,: Search your library for an creature card converted Mana cost 3 or less and reveal that card. Put it into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
1R, T,: Search your library for an sorcery card and reveal that card. Put it into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
1U , T,: Search your library for an artifact card and reveal that card. Put it into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
2/2

IIW: Cephalids Reimagined
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Chaospark -- 2R
Instant
Chaospark deals 3 damage to each of three random targets.
True Aim 2 (You may pay 2 as you cast this spell. If you do, you may choose those targets instead.)
IIW: Far-off places

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Mayhem Bolt 2RR
Sorcery (R)
When you cast this spell, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a land card, then shuffle your library. Copy this spell for each nonland card revealed this way. You may choose new targets for the copies.
Mayhem Bolt deals 2 damage to any target.

IIW: Beavers, badgers, and bears, oh my!

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Wild Shaman 2GU
Creature — Human Shaman {R}
Cascade
As you cast Wild Shaman, if you control seven or more lands, it loses cascade. Instead, when you cast it, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile two nonland cards with converted mana cost 3 or less. You may cast one of those two cards without paying its mana cost. Then put all cards exiled this way that weren't cast on the bottom of your library in a random order.
3/2

IIW: the life online
MEG

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Wildstyle Invocation
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a spell with a different name from each spell cast before it this turn, put a flux counter on Wildstyle Invocation.
Remove five flux counters from Wildstyle Invocation: Copy target spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
At the beginning of your end step, remove all flux counters from Wildstyle Invocation and scry X, where X is the number of counters removed this way.

IIW: Megaforetell
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Told you it was the best I could come up with on short notice, if I'd had a couple of days to get into the right mindset, I'd have done a lot better.

Wild magic, eh? Hmm.... give me a moment...

Unexpected Results 3R
There's already a card with this name. :p

Rakdos Furyblade 1BR
Creature — Human Berserker (R)
Haste, menace
Whenever Rakdos Furyblade deals combat damage to a player, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker they control chosen at random.
3/2

IIW: Muscle nerds
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
There's already a card with this name. :p
I knew I recognized it from somewhere, time to go to thesaurus.com and find some synonyms.

Edit: Fixed it.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Wilderfold Dryad G
Creature- Dryad (M)
Reveal a nonlegendary land card from your hand: Wilderfold Dryad becomes a copy of the revealed land until end of turn. You can't activate this ability if Wilderfold Dryad entered the battlefield this turn.
0/1

Edit: Made it hit nonlegendary lands to avoid broken Dark Depths shenanigans.

IIW: Something that likes lands in graveyards, but no Crucible of Worlds effects.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Manic Metamorphosis 3RR
Sorcery (R)
Each player sacrifices a permanent, then each player exiles the top card of their library and puts that card onto the battlefield if it's a permanent card. Repeat this process for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard.

IIW: Cowards.
"Image"

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

Judgings
Show
Hide
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Unpredictable Outcome 3R
Sorcery (R)
Buyback 2U
Shuffle your library, then reveal and exile the top card of it. Until end of turn, you may play that card without paying it's casting cost (you must still pay additional costs.) If the spell has X in its casting cost, X is 0.
"In an attempt by Sal to create the perfect apple pie, she ended up with a dragon." - Excerpt from the Izzet children's book "The Little Experimenter".
This feels like a lot of work with a low ceiling on the jackpot to me. Constant shuffling of your library is pretty irritating and slow. I don't think its worth the effort to try to cheat out a card. If you use the buyback, you're super unlikely to be getting a deal, so why didn't you just play a card draw spell instead?
There's a few problems with the wording here, the biggest probably being that it needs to say "mana cost" not "casting cost." The "if it has an X" part probably belongs in reminder text too. I don't think you need the reveal either, because I believe exiled cards are visible unless the effect says to exile it face down.
Maybe you could just say "shuffle your library and exile a random card from it" since you're shuffling it doesn't really matter where you take the card from. Its been randomized.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Ludvic, Erratic Researcher WUR
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
1W, T,: Search your library for an creature card converted Mana cost 3 or less and reveal that card. Put it into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
1R, T,: Search your library for an sorcery card and reveal that card. Put it into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
1U , T,: Search your library for an artifact card and reveal that card. Put it into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
2/2
The creature/sorcery/artifact breakdown of this feels weird. Plus only the creatures have a cmc requirement (probably to make it white instead of green) and that messes with the flow of the card too. I think its "cleanest" as w->enchantments r->instants/sorceries u->artifacts? Or maybe just make it green instead of white to drop the cmc. You could also change blue from artifacts to instants.
I think, with all of the abilities mirroring each other, the little differences stand out a lot more.

Now as to how good the card actually is... seems pretty fun to me. Good aspects of wildness, though maybe not in the most wild magic sort of way. He's researching the magic wildly instead of casting it wildly.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
Chaospark -- 2R
Instant
Chaospark deals 3 damage to each of three random targets.
True Aim 2 (You may pay 2 as you cast this spell. If you do, you may choose those targets instead.)
Well, magic that can be so easily tamed definitely can't win this challenge, sorry. ;)

Also, you forgot a rarity, the situations in which you don't pay for the True Aim are absurdly rare, and this is probably over-powered. I could maybe see this as fairly priced if it was a sorcery, but as an instant 5 mana to do 3 damage to three different targets, its too strong. I'd bump the True Aim up to 4 or 5 mana, personally.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Mayhem Bolt 2RR
Sorcery (R)
When you cast this spell, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a land card, then shuffle your library. Copy this spell for each nonland card revealed this way. You may choose new targets for the copies.
Mayhem Bolt deals 2 damage to any target.
I like this card quite a bit. You can pretty easily find ways to mess with your deck to guarantee it gets at least a few copies, but making sure to get more than that is a lot harder. Could be a cool little challenge. I have no clue if this is balanced or not, but when I just eyeball it, it seems fine.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Wild Shaman 2GU
Creature — Human Shaman {R}
Cascade
As you cast Wild Shaman, if you control seven or more lands, it loses cascade. Instead, when you cast it, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile two nonland cards with converted mana cost 3 or less. You may cast one of those two cards without paying its mana cost. Then put all cards exiled this way that weren't cast on the bottom of your library in a random order.
3/2
Cascade isn't quite Wild enough for my tastes (though I may just be biased because its actually powerful, unlike most random effects). You also lose points for making it more controllable :P
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Wildstyle Invocation
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a spell with a different name from each spell cast before it this turn, put a flux counter on Wildstyle Invocation.
Remove five flux counters from Wildstyle Invocation: Copy target spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
At the beginning of your end step, remove all flux counters from Wildstyle Invocation and scry X, where X is the number of counters removed this way.
Not an interpretation of Wild Magic I expected, but the player is certainly going wild with magic if they get the activated ability.
This card is super interesting but weird... And really hard to evaluate in terms of balance. It's like its own storm variant that probably wouldn't work very well in storm decks.
The only thing I don't like, is that you can break the rules of the little mini game it sets up by casting spells on your opponent's turn and the counters aren't cleared until the end of your turn.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Rakdos Furyblade 1BR
Creature — Human Berserker (R)
Haste, menace
Whenever Rakdos Furyblade deals combat damage to a player, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker they control chosen at random.
3/2
I can't begin to decide if this card is strong or garbage, and I like that a lot. But I decided that it can't win, since he's just a wild dude, not actually using any wild magic, so now I don't have to think about it anymore :P
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Wilderfold Dryad G
Creature- Dryad (M)
Reveal a land card from your hand: Wilderfold Dryad becomes a copy of the revealed land until end of turn. You can't activate this ability if Wilderfold Dryad entered the battlefield this turn.
0/1
That's a super different type of wild magic than I was expecting for this challenge. Just straight up wild=nature, hm...
I like this design quite a bit, though it might fit better as a rare than a mythic. I'm not going to pick this as the winner because I was in the mood for zany, unpredictable designs, but this card is probably the best design in the round. It ramps you in the early game and you can do some cool things later on like getting an additional, early use of a land's sacrifice ability. I'm having fun thinking about different ways you could play with it. I definitely recommend you keep this idea.
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Manic Metamorphosis 3RR
Sorcery (R)
Each player sacrifices a permanent, then each player exiles the top card of their library and puts that card onto the battlefield if it's a permanent card. Repeat this process for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard.
This card is so weird. It seems to be caring about permanent cards, and feels kind of green, then suddenly it cares about instants and sorceries. There's going to be a lot of tension in building a deck around this card. This seems like something wotc would print, but its that $0.25 bin randomness rare that only the weird kid with the "everything is random!" deck wants to play. Just doesn't do it for me I guess.
Winner
Show
Hide
mellifluoresce for a real brain-teaser of a cool card.
HMs: Mergatroid_Jones for a really solid design that just didn't fit my preconceived notions of what cards I wanted this round
spacemonaut for a fun card that's in actual second place

Next: Megaforetell

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Deathmist Oracle 1GG
Creature - Dinosaur Druid (M)
Haste
Deathmist Oracle can't be blocked by creatures with converted mana cost 2 or less.
Whenever you cast a foretold spell, you may exile Deathmist Oracle from your graveyard foretold.
Megaforetell 1G (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its megaforetell cost. When you do, it enters the battlefield with a destiny counter on it and change the text of this permanent to increase all printed numerical values and number words by one.)
3/2

IIW: Muscle Nerds

Yes, this means that like everyone's favorite mechanic, haunt, megaforetell would have different rules text for instants/sorceries and permanent spells, just as Richard Garfield would have intended.
Last edited by Cythare 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Prophetic Dreams 2U
Sorcery (U)
Draw two cards.
Megaforetell 1U (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down until the end of the match. Cast it on a later turn or a later game during this match for its foretell cost.)

IIW: You went the wrong way.
"Image"

Megiddo
MEG

Runebound Cleric 2W
Creature — Human Cleric {C}
Vigilance
Megaforetell 3W (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. When you do, draw a card.)
2/3

IIW: big red
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Actually, for these you would just write out the text on the card rather than making a variant to the keyword, but oh well.

Alrund's Scout U
Creature-Bird (C)
Flying
Bird Foretell 1U (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. When you do, create a 1/2 blue Bird creature token with flying.)
"I'm anxious that Hakka may not return, but more fearful am I for Drokka." -Alrund
1/2

Betrayal of the Skies 1G
Sorcery (U)
Destroy target creature with flying.
Bird Foretell 2G (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. When you do, create a 1/2 blue Bird creature token with flying.)

The Fields Picked Clean 1WW
Instant (R)
Cast The Fields Picked Clean only if at least one creature attacked and at least one creature blocked this turn. Destroy each creature that attacked or blocked this turn.
Bird Foretell 1W (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. When you do, create a 1/2 blue Bird creature token with flying.)

IIW: Janky planeswalkers that would be fun to play.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Eh, I think I am going to sit this one out. I can't come up with a good variant of foretell at the moment.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Runic Griffin 3W
Creature - Griffin (C)
Flying
Whenever Runic Griffin enters the battlefield or attacks, you gain 2 life.
Megaforetell 3W (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. When you do, scry X, where X is the mana spent casting this card from exile.)
2/3

IIW: Cephalids Reimagined
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Eh, I think I am going to sit this one out. I can't come up with a good variant of foretell at the moment.
Given the challenge is megaforetell, I don't think you're supposed to.

Bring Down the Sky 3RW
Sorcery (R)
Bring Down the Sky deals 4 damage to each creature and each player. You gain 4 life.
Megaforetell 2RW (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its foretell cost. If you do, it costs 1 less to cast)

IIW: Monks and monasteries

Megiddo
MEG

Prophesied Helix 2RW
Instant (R)
Prophesied Helix deals 3 damage to any target. You gain 3 life.
Megaforetell 2B (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for either its mana cost reduced by 2 or its foretell cost.)

IIW: Liquid
MEG

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Call to Duty W
Instant (C)
Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
Megaforetell 2W (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its megaforetell cost. If you do, copy this spell twice. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

IIW: Remove, add or change a letter from the name of an existing card and make a new card from it

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Kaldheim's Compleation 2GU
Enchantment (U)
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, proliferate.
Megaforetell GU (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it on a later turn for its megaforetell cost. It enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.)

IIW: Creature-specific abilities on other types of permanents
Last edited by Cythare 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Knight of the Old Era 2W
Creature — Elephant Knight
Vigilance
Knight of the Old Era has first strike if you lost your previous game.
You may foretell Knight of the Old Era from your graveyard.
Megaforetell 1W (During your turn, you may pay and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it in a later turn during this game or your next game for its foretell cost.)
3/3

(Silver border, naturally)

IIW: Bears, badgers, and beavers, oh my!

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Dark Portents -- 3B
Sorcery
Discard two, draw two, mill two, scry two, then lose two life.
Megaforetell 1B, Pay two life (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it during a later turn for its megaforetell cost. If you do, it gains epic.
"Loremaster Arculon said to pay attention to the fine print," Dybant said with a sneer. "But that's only because he's an old man, and can't read fine print that well!"
IIW: Jazz clubs with smoky atmospheres

Megiddo
MEG

Omen Sphinx 2UU
Creature — Sphinx {R}
Flash
Flying
Megaforetell UU (During your turn, you may pay 2 and exile this card from your hand face down. Cast it later for its foretell cost.)
3/3

IIW: More Sphinxes
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”