30+ Creature Type Changeling Tribal

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 3 years ago

shifthappen1 wrote:
3 years ago
What a great deck! its fun to see both the difference in commander (The Ur Dragon vs Morophon) but also the difference in approach, bouncing vs sacrificing for value.

Were there any recent updates on the list?
I just added Glasspool Mimic // Glasspool Shore instead of Cairn Wanderer and I'm testing Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate over Feline Sovereign. I just picked up Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator but I'm not sure what I'm going to cut for him. I'm also thinking of testing Coercive Recruiter but I haven't acquired one.
Would Fist of Suns be worth considering?
I aggressively stick to the theme of "it has to be a changeling or allow me to say a creature type when I activate its ability or it ETBs" so I won't play Fist of Suns. I also tend to stay away from combo cards that don't do anything on their own, and fist of suns is really bad outside of exactly Morophon, the Boundless being on the field. I tested Rooftop Storm and found it to be underwhelming and it occupies an extreme similar space.
How about Grim Captain's Call, or, March From The Tomb for some recursion?
I consider adding Grim Captain's Call every now and again. The deck doesn't have enough non-changeling cards for it to be worth it. March from the Tomb lines up poorly when compared to Patriarch's Bidding. Currently I run The Scarab God instead of all these cards.
Were Admiral Beckett Brass, Captivating Vampire , Pheres-Band Warchief and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove ever tested in your list? did they perform somewhat well, or, why were they not tried if you didnt think them worthy

The dryad makes the lands be different lands so it feels like its still on theme, you'd tap your "forest" (which was an ally encampment) and such. Its not a lord, but it does transform stuff into other stuff

I feel like trample and vigilence are worthy of consideration with Pheres-Band Warchief. Attacking with things and still having them untapped to tap for mana for x or y reason later feels like it could help sometimes.

Captivating vampire and the admiral both steal stuff, so its an interesting form of control thats not desctruction, not sure how good they may or may not be. Feels like Coercive Recruiter does the stealing better when it matters however

Coercive recruiter feels like it begs for a sac outlet to not let the opponents get their stuff back.
All my changelings are small enough that +1/+1 effectively does nothing in an average game of EDH. Admiral Beckett Brass and Captivating Vampire both require a huge amount of changelings to be on the battlefield. In my experience once you hit 2-3 changelings plus a value engine opponents start getting scared of your board and a wrath happens. Hence, I don't expect to have more than 2 changelings at any time. By that metric, none of the cards you listed have nearly enough of an impact.

As for Dryad, I run Chromatic Lantern instead because it's less likely to randomly die to something, although I might give Dryad more of a ponder because I haven't really considered it.
With the amount of creatures you got, is Sigil Tracer performing well? might be worth cutting for Coercive recruiter, maybe.
It has been ok, it's more of a pet card than a super optimized pick. I got to twincast a Cyclonic Rift once which felt pretty good. Most of the reason it is in the deck is so I have a non-changeling target for Seahunter. Someday I'm going to tutor for Sigil Tracer in response to Expropriate and blow the table out. Someday. It's definitely on the chopping block. Mostly because it is so U hungry.

Tags:

shifthappen1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by shifthappen1 » 3 years ago

rip, I edited some things as you were answering, which is darn fast actually, its great that you're very active.

Some things which were edited and added after you quoted me:

for more somewhat on theme mana stuff, Fellwar Stone asorta fits in that it transform into the opponen't resource, but its not quite as directly on theme unless you got out of your way to mention "I am using a forest to get green mana", as you're tapping it.

And it makes sense, depending on your meta, if people panic at 2/3 changeling and wrath, cards requiring many changeling on board just doesn't feel worth. I guess its somewhat unreliable then.

about Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator , does it really do all that much? You need to do combat or direct damage on enemies with pirates, which should happen somewhat reliably with the flying on the card itself, but the rest of the deck won't trigger it all that often without evasion or direct damage, I think. Goes crazy well with Dragon Tempest , but not sure what else would enable it all that much since its on player hit. It should be about as reliable as Feline Sovereign which you are cutting, but for mana instead of a naturalise.

materpillar
the caterpillar

shifthappen1 wrote:
3 years ago
for more somewhat on theme mana stuff, Fellwar Stone asorta fits in that it transform into the opponen't resource, but its not quite as directly on theme unless you got out of your way to mention "I am using a forest to get green mana", as you're tapping it.

about Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator , does it really do all that much? You need to do combat or direct damage on enemies with pirates, which should happen somewhat reliably with the flying on the card itself, but the rest of the deck won't trigger it all that often without evasion or direct damage, I think. Goes crazy well with Dragon Tempest , but not sure what else would enable it all that much since its on player hit. It should be about as reliable as Feline Sovereign which you are cutting, but for mana instead of a naturalise.
Effectively Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator and Fellwar Stone are doing the same thing. I'm mentally treating them both as mana-rocks that tap for 1. Obviously, Fellwar Stone is more consistent but it's also way more boring.

I think Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator will be better than Feline Sovereign because it has natural evasion and playing it proactively will work well where as Feline Sovereign is too slow to kill the things I want it to kill and draws a fair amount of hate.

Also, that Dragon Tempest synergy is hilarious and everything I want this deck to be doing.
And it makes sense, depending on your meta, if people panic at 2/3 changeling and wrath, cards requiring many changeling on board just doesn't feel worth. I guess its somewhat unreliable then.
I find this deck draws a surprising amount of hate because it's really hard hide threats in your hand, you're constantly on this razor's edge of committing to the board but trying not to overcommit. If your meta-game is an extremely answer-light and wrath-light durdlefest, this deck can murder people with extreme efficiency. It has very inconsistent draws but the best goldfishing can wipe the table turn 5-7. If I've stuck 4-5 changelings I'm probably threatening lethal to some amount of people.

Moth

Post by Moth » 3 years ago

@materpillar

I've recently gotten quite hooked on the idea of Changeling, Tribal or 'Tribal Tribal' as a whole and was looking for a thread such as this to get a general idea of what I should be thinking about in the pile and how to make it stack up to my semi-competitive meta.

My personal choice for a 5C General is Reaper King, although a good argument can be said for The Ur-Dragon, the Vindicate is absolutely invaluable against my particular opponents.

However! The recent rebirth of Changelings and 'Tribal Matters' from the newest Kaldheim spoilers has turned my spark on the idea into a blossoming inferno, and I've come here to share my thoughts and maybe learn a thing or two!
Kaldheim
Show
Hide
Pyre of Heroes - A.K.A. The Tribal-Pod: This seems amazing for finding, in particular, our 3 - 5 CMC Champion keyword creatures. Other uses I can see directly from your decklist are along the lines of turning a changeling on-board into a lord or something to accelerate your plays, for instance:

Podding the Shapeshifter token you get from Irregular Cohort into a Wirewood Symbiote (for utility) or Changeling Outcast (for that sweet sweet unblockable),

Podding your newly acquired Changeling Outcast into a fancy new mana-making meme-machine,

Podding your Shapesharer, Skeletal Changeling and Impostor of the Sixth Pride into a Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow, Wirewood Savage and Risen Reef for dank card advantage, alternatively Mirror Entity or Walker of Secret Ways for combo,

Podding a Venomous Changeling into a Skyshroud Poacher, Moggcatcher or Seahunter to grab your Morophon, the Boundless quickly and drop your The Ur-Dragon with thunderous wrath, you can also grab a Changeling Berserker here for your first Champion hit,

Podding a 4-drop into your Champion Changelings to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies, you can also grab a Scarab God, Tolsimir or Sliver Hivelord to flex,

From your current list, other notable pod targets can turn a Changeling Hero into a Lathliss, Dragon Queen for value, a Patron of the Vein for removal and pump or a Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign to push the unpopular opinion that this 6-CMC mono-blue sphinx is better than this one.

Gladewalker Ritualist - A.K.A. Clone's Best Friend: Looks good in a build where there is a high focus on ETB cloning effects. I see this easily getting out of hand in a build made for it, being able to snowball into multiple Ritualists all drawing you cards every time you make another. This all seems rather culty, especially paired with the new Absorb Identity, don't you think?
On the topic of Absorb Identity:

Absorb Identity - A.K.A. "and in response to your legacy staple with my 14 copies of card daddy i draw my entire library and mill myself to death goodnight": Now this looks awesome for non-legendary targets unless you enjoy nuking your own board to show dominance. Wirewood Savage can be copied for a turn that refills your hand and then some, Elvish Archdruid for a giant punch in the face or enough mana to overload a Helix Pinnacle, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid to, as you say, Door to Nothingness someone with style or Amoeboid Changeling because everyone should have changelings and you can give them that beautiful gift. It's also temporary removal for something that might look a bit spooky and you can profit massively from that.

Starnheim Aspirant - A.K.A. The Only Person Going to Valhalla: A typical clone of Dragonspeaker Shaman or Eye of Ugin, good for a cost reduction theme alongside your Ur-Dragon.

Magda, Brazen Outlaw - A.K.A. The Dwarf Mother: This is exciting. An overall power pump to the board of changelings, works well with Cryptolith Rite, Gemhide Sliver or Manaweft Sliver, advocates an aggressive way to play which can be good for politics and tutors any artifact or changeling from your deck as long as she stays out. Looks like a good all-rounder for any effect you'd like.

EDIT:
I can't believe I forgot this one.
Realmwalker - A.K.A. Tribe of Mul Daya: This looks fantastic for card advantage. It would be far better in a build that's more focused towards Changelings and some other tribe, such as Changelings + Goblins or Changelings + Elves, so less effective in this particular pile. The effect is very strong for topdecking Changelings and can possibly lead into a Changeling-ball effect if you can manage to get infinite mana and sort your library through Goblin Recruiter.
I have quite a few more thoughts than these, but that's enough for now. I eagerly await your response and the response of others!

- Moth :cool:

materpillar
the caterpillar

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
My personal choice for a 5C General is Reaper King, although a good argument can be said for The Ur-Dragon, the Vindicate is absolutely invaluable against my particular opponents.
The main thing I've noticed while building my deck and looking at other people's changeling tribal decks is that they have a few varying themes you can lean into. A more go wide tokens theme (IE Najeela, the Blade-Blossom), an aristocrats theme (built around Haakon, Stromgald Scourge/Faces of the Past) or an ETB/blink theme. Then the deck plays out as a mid-range combo deck. My personal preference is to lean into abusing cast/ETB triggers, so take all my advice with that in mind.

I don't like Reaper King in the command zone very much. He's too linear and too easy to disrupt. The Ur-Dragon provides ramp with his eminence ability, allowing for me to cast more changelings more frequently (it makes Universal Automaton cost 0 which is nutty with Hibernation Sliver). The Ur-Dragon also allows for chunks of card draw so I don't run out of gas. The Ur-Dragon is also an incredibly efficient win condition, able to voltron people out in 2 attacks with the variety of effects I have to give him +1/+1.

I don't know if I'll add Pyre of Heroes. It's basically competing directly with Seahunter. I prefer to have my changelings on the battlefield or in my hand not in the graveyard. It does a bunch of neat stuff but I'm worried it'll make the deck play in a significantly more linear and dull fashion. It's a slam dunk if you're building around graveyard synergies though.

Gladewalker Ritualist isn't going to get a slot as I only have one way to trigger it at the moment. I prefer changelings with the lowest CMC possible so I can cast them quicker after bouncing them.

Absorb Identity is getting a slot for sure. Some day I'm going to bounce Blightsteel Colossus when I have a full board and Mirror Entity and that day will be a good day. I'm also looking forward to bouncing my own Risen Reef with several changelings on board.

Starnheim Aspirant, there's already a bunch of cards that do this like Stinkdrinker Daredevil. This only saves 2 mana on 5 of my 18 changelings. That's just not nearly good enough.

Magda, Brazen Outlaw is getting a slot for sure.

Realmwalker is also likely to be getting a slot.

You overlooked Rampage of the Valkyries. I think it'll be a solid rattlesnake to keep people from bothering you. Besides think of the value with Pyre of Heroes.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

So, an odd question, and one that may need to wait until Kaldheim spoilers start in earnest, but... If you had to cut this deck back to 3 colors, what 3 colors would you pick? Specifically, I'm looking at Sakashima of a Thousand Faces to enable stuff like Absorb Identity and other mass cloning to hit legendary lords, and was curious what the best color combo for that would be. Obviously you're missing out on the 5 color stuff by definition, but I wasn't sure between Sultai, Temur, or what would give the best selection of A) good changelings and B) good etb payoffs.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
So, an odd question, and one that may need to wait until Kaldheim spoilers start in earnest, but... If you had to cut this deck back to 3 colors, what 3 colors would you pick? Specifically, I'm looking at Sakashima of a Thousand Faces to enable stuff like Absorb Identity and other mass cloning to hit legendary lords, and was curious what the best color combo for that would be. Obviously you're missing out on the 5 color stuff by definition, but I wasn't sure between Sultai, Temur, or what would give the best selection of A) good changelings and B) good etb payoffs.
The deck is primarily UG so I wouldn't cut either of those and then there is an almost perfect split of WRB.

Of the cards that I'd be sad to go (not including 5c stuff).
Dropping B means you lose The Scarab God, Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow, Liliana's Contract, Hibernation Sliver, Patron of the Vein and Graveshifter.
Dropping R means you lose Lathliss, Dragon Queen, Dragon Tempest, Moggcatcher+Tuktuk Scrapper, Contested Cliffs and Spit Flame.
Dropping W means you lose Mirror Entity, Crib Swap, Irregular Cohort and Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves.

Black has slightly more random goodstuff. Red has a sweet dragon package that you're losing. White primarily loses Mirror Entity which is incredible with Absorb Identity. If you're running white you can also run Mirrorweave though.

If you're in the mood to lean into clones I'd go for red because cloning Lathliss, Dragon Queen sounds siiiiiick. If you're in trying to lean into Absorb Identity I'd go for white because it allows for Mirrorweave and Mirror Entity. Black has quality stuff but sounds the least interesting to me personally.

[edit]: The only two partners that go with Sakashima of a Thousand Faces to make these color combinations are Tana, the Bloodsower and Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa. That'll probably factor into your deck direction. Tana, the Bloodsower sounds more interesting to me because of Unnatural Selection/Artificial Evolution/Arcane Adaptation.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 3 years ago

materpillar wrote:
3 years ago
If you're in trying to lean into Absorb Identity I'd go for white because it allows for Mirrorweave and Mirror Entity.
As much as I truly love Mirrorweave, if the idea is mass cloning legendary creatures, Mirrorweave is a miss. Mirror Entity is still great, but I don't think that single card is worth running white as the third color. As a red devotee, I'm inclined to lean red as color 3, get access to some of the hasty cloning technologies, and shove Volatile Claws in where Mirror Entity would be.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

That makes a ton of sense. Red would also give me access to Molten Echoes, and along the same lines as Lathliss, Dragon Queen, mass cloning Magda, Brazen Outlaw would produce absolutely ludicrous amounts of treasure. And they'd have pretty solid power as well. I could sorta tell that UG was the core of the deck, but I was actually leaning slightly towards black as the third color, so I'm glad I asked! The Dragon Queen is a super cool idea.

Moth

materpillar wrote:
3 years ago
The main thing I've noticed while building my deck and looking at other people's changeling tribal decks is that they have a few varying themes you can lean into.
Thank you for such a fast response!

The Ur-Dragon having an effect in the Command zone which acts as ramp is extremely enticing. I will be using him as a swap-out as Kaleidoscope Killers contained both Reapy and The Ur-Dragon, if using Reaper King causes me to get hated out too quickly.
An obvious advantage in Ur-Dragon's favour as a general is that Reaper King goes well in the 99, but Ur-Dragon doesn't quite hold up the same, effectively being an expensive card-advantage creature with high stats and Elvish Piper stapled onto it. As well as this, you can't turn down the obvious synergy with Morophon, the Boundless and low CMC artifact creatures as well as Hibernation Sliver with both Ur-Dragon and Morophon out. I'll take this into consideration.
Opinions and Questions (Rather Lengthy)
Show
Hide
The First Sliver looks amazing in this sort of build, and I was surprised by your choice of using Sliver Hivelord over it. I do understand that Hivelord, while costing 2 mana more than Knight Exemplar, does protect itself and is therefore infinitely more useful, however, I would like to know your opinion on this.

Have you got any experience using Mana Echoes? To me, it sounds great in its ability to effectively pump out your entire hand in one turn, but it also seems dead in a hand that doesn't have any sort of draw outlet or advantage engine, leaving you topdecking until you find something useful to spend all that mana on.

Why do you choose Knowledge Exploitation over Notorious Throng or even both? Is this a meta play, or do you find one more useful in your play patterns? And surely you'd use the one that references two subtypes (Faerie and Rogue) over just Rogues in your pick? :P

I see a lot of players using Crib Swap over more efficient removal such as Fatal Push or Swords to Plowshares. Is there some hidden synergy I'm missing or is it simply to fit in with the tribal theme?

Dragon Tempest looks bonkers and I can't wait to drop it and deal 30 damage to someone's face in a single turn.

Do you know of any other cards that have the same effect as Wirewood Savage, Kindred Discovery or Gilt-Leaf Archdruid (Play a creature of a specific subtype, draw a card)? I've done quite a lot of searching, and I would expect such cards to exist plentifully in supplemental sets, but I've found nothing of the sort!

Chromatic Orrery looks like a good, separate version of Chromatic Lantern that suspiciously starts with the same word. It's common that you'll be tapping the Orrery for 5 and drawing 3 - 5 cards from it, thoughts?

Have you thought about other, more oppressive Champion creatures such as Mistbind Clique or Wanderwine Prophets? If I was pushing deep into the Champion combo, personally I'd use the pair of Champion Goblins: Boggart Mob and Lightning Crafter, along with the 3 Changeling Champions, as they can target one another and means you only need to find one of your Changelings for infinite ETB effects.

I was pondering over how useful Graveborn Muse would be for card advantage, but The Scarab God looks like it can do everything the Muse can do but better: pinging your opponents, allowing to scry instead of drawing is often strictly better dependent on your scenario and the graveyard recursion mixed with the built-in (non-exile) wrath protection makes it look dominant indeed.

You run a few effects such as on Elvish Archdruid, Priest of Titania and less so in Harabaz Druid that add a certain amount of mana in one colour, do you find this to be a dampening on your overall strategy due to being in 5C, or is every bit of ramp good and should be targeted? As I'm not constraining myself similar to you, (which I applaud you for, by the way) I feel that both Bloom Tender and Faeburrow Elder would be good instead of the elvish dorks.
I recently discovered that Faeburrow Elder alone with Najeela, the Blade-Blossom and controlling all five colours is an infinite combo in and of itself, which sounds like a big surprise to drop in the middle of a game after wiping a board of creatures or blowing up everyone's permanents. Especially since Najeela allows you to activate her effect the turn you play her, as well as get constant profit from dropping warriors.

I won't ask about not including Harmonic Sliver, as you've talked about it Ad Nauseam in here already! But it is unfortunate that other effects on the same vein have to be so expensive, such as you needing 5 mana to drop Qasali Slingers just to blow up someone's troubling Propaganda if you can't find other removal.

How has Morophon, the Boundless played in the 99? I originally cut him due to being too high CMC to drop and being a dead drop, similar to Rooftop Storm if your hand is empty with no manner of refilling it quickly. Yet your build has far more card advantage than my own, would you say you'd be excited to draw him in your starting 8, or is it more of a later game pick for you?

Beating everyone with Liliana's Contract feels absolutely brutal and I love that.

Wizard's Retort works amazingly in this pile as a one-off Counterspell that costs almost always the same as said Counterspell while also being delightfully cheeky!
That's all I can remember for now, I'll return with a list of my own for you to ponder over if that's fine with you! If I have any more questions or queries, I won't hesitate to ask, either! Thank you.

- Moth :cool:

materpillar
the caterpillar

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
The First Sliver looks amazing in this sort of build, and I was surprised by your choice of using Sliver Hivelord over it. I do understand that Hivelord, while costing 2 mana more than Knight Exemplar, does protect itself and is therefore infinitely more useful, however, I would like to know your opinion on this.
I find cascade to be an incredibly tedious mechanic to resolve. Cascade chains are even worse. DrKillenger runs The First Sliver and says its great.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Have you got any experience using Mana Echoes? To me, it sounds great in its ability to effectively pump out your entire hand in one turn, but it also seems dead in a hand that doesn't have any sort of draw outlet or advantage engine, leaving you topdecking until you find something useful to spend all that mana on.
It was too expensive for me to bother until recently, I didn't realize the price had tanked so much. I honestly just haven't tested it.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Why do you choose Knowledge Exploitation over Notorious Throng or even both? Is this a meta play, or do you find one more useful in your play patterns? And surely you'd use the one that references two subtypes (Faerie and Rogue) over just Rogues in your pick? :P
Knowledge Exploitation does great work if you can some what reasonably guess what your opponents are doing. It's a ramp when you need it. It's a Ruinous Ultimatum when you need it. It's card advantage when you need it. Mostly I think of it as Wrath of God with upside.

I'm not a huge fan of putting extra turn spells in my decks. I find them to be fairly unfun. DrKillenger runs Notorious Throng and says it's good.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
I see a lot of players using Crib Swap over more efficient removal such as Fatal Push or Swords to Plowshares. Is there some hidden synergy I'm missing or is it simply to fit in with the tribal theme?
It triggers Elder Pine of Jukai and Gilt-Leaf Archdruid since those are cast triggers. It's usually the first target I tutor for with Higure, the Still Wind. Also, it's a dragon so it only costs 1W to cast because of The Ur-Dragon.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Dragon Tempest looks bonkers and I can't wait to drop it and deal 30 damage to someone's face in a single turn.
Can confirm, the card is good. Also, it gives The Ur-Dragon haste which is extremely relevant. Also, note the creature deals damage. That means Venomous Changeling will kill anything. Changeling Hero has lifelink. Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator will trigger.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Do you know of any other cards that have the same effect as Wirewood Savage, Kindred Discovery or Gilt-Leaf Archdruid (Play a creature of a specific subtype, draw a card)? I've done quite a lot of searching, and I would expect such cards to exist plentifully in supplemental sets, but I've found nothing of the sort!
I'm also running Risen Reef, Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign and Elder Pine of Jukai. Dragon's Hoard draws a card on creature ETB once a turn. There's only a handful that I'm not running. Sage of Fables but it's mana intensive. Azami, Lady of Scrolls lets the creature draw a card immediately but it isn't technically an ETB. I'm currently not running her because of the UUU but I'm always trying to find a way to slip her back in.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Chromatic Orrery looks like a good, separate version of Chromatic Lantern that suspiciously starts with the same word. It's common that you'll be tapping the Orrery for 5 and drawing 3 - 5 cards from it, thoughts?
7 mana to cast is a lot. Chromatic Lantern is first up on the chopping block when they add another 5c mana rock that's on theme. It irks me every time I draw it.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Have you thought about other, more oppressive Champion creatures such as Mistbind Clique or Wanderwine Prophets? If I was pushing deep into the Champion combo, personally I'd use the pair of Champion Goblins: Boggart Mob and Lightning Crafter, along with the 3 Changeling Champions, as they can target one another and means you only need to find one of your Changelings for infinite ETB effects.
I like my cards to do something other than combo. The three changeling champions are extremely useful outside of their interaction with each other. I have a bunch of ways to flash them in to protect The Ur-Dragon from removal or wraths. They also trigger all my spells and whatnot. Neither of those things apply to any of the champion a specific creature type ones.

That being said I've considered Wanderwine Prophets as another Seahunter target but I just can't imagine that card would do anything but get immediately killed every game since I can't protect it, give it evasion or haste. I never really thought about Lightning Crafter but I could see it being good enough. Huh. Maybe I should give her a test.

Note: Molten Echoes also works as a cog in the oblivion ring circle of changelings.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
I was pondering over how useful Graveborn Muse would be for card advantage, but The Scarab God looks like it can do everything the Muse can do but better: pinging your opponents, allowing to scry instead of drawing is often strictly better dependent on your scenario and the graveyard recursion mixed with the built-in (non-exile) wrath protection makes it look dominant indeed.
Graveborn Muse was in the original list but I found it to be too slow.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
You run a few effects such as on Elvish Archdruid, Priest of Titania and less so in Harabaz Druid that add a certain amount of mana in one colour, do you find this to be a dampening on your overall strategy due to being in 5C, or is every bit of ramp good and should be targeted? As I'm not constraining myself similar to you, (which I applaud you for, by the way) I feel that both Bloom Tender and Faeburrow Elder would be good instead of the elvish dorks.
I've never had a problem using up all the Priest of Titania mana. Part of The Ur-Dragon's mana cost is 4G, so if they ever produce a lot of mana, I'm probably just using it to cast my commander. Bloom Tender and Faeburrow Elder are probably better but not by miles.
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
I recently discovered that Faeburrow Elder alone with Najeela, the Blade-Blossom and controlling all five colours is an infinite combo in and of itself, which sounds like a big surprise to drop in the middle of a game after wiping a board of creatures or blowing up everyone's permanents. Especially since Najeela allows you to activate her effect the turn you play her, as well as get constant profit from dropping warriors.
Najeela, the Blade-Blossom is pretty good like that. She's another card that I haven't personally tested yet.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
I won't ask about not including Harmonic Sliver, as you've talked about it Ad Nauseam in here already! But it is unfortunate that other effects on the same vein have to be so expensive, such as you needing 5 mana to drop Qasali Slingers just to blow up someone's troubling Propaganda if you can't find other removal.
I'm pretty sure Gemhide Sliver, Manaweft Sliver and Hibernation Sliver are just stronger in the deck. I'm constantly struggling between Sliver Hivelord and Harmonic Sliver. I feel like this deck is weaker to wraths than Propaganda effects so Sliver Hivelord has the nod at the moment.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
How has Morophon, the Boundless played in the 99? I originally cut him due to being too high CMC to drop and being a dead drop, similar to Rooftop Storm if your hand is empty with no manner of refilling it quickly. Yet your build has far more card advantage than my own, would you say you'd be excited to draw him in your starting 8, or is it more of a later game pick for you?
I don't particularly like drawing him but he's absurd in the 99. Seahunter, Moggcatcher and Skyshroud Poacher all tutor him up for a nice 3 EOT. Once he's on the battlefield The Ur-Dragon only costs 4 to cast. I can also Didgeridoo him into play. The Ur-Dragon can also put him into play for a cheeky +1/+1 to hit for 21 general damage instead of 20. Hard casting him isn't the worst since he's 6 with the Ur-Dragon's eminence but I can't honestly remember the last time I've actually hardcast him.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Beating everyone with Liliana's Contract feels absolutely brutal and I love that.
I had someone Terastodon my Liliana's Contract and Didgeridoo because I was threatening to put a handful of demons into play EOT. Not a line of play he'd ever had to take before.

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Wizard's Retort works amazingly in this pile as a one-off Counterspell that costs almost always the same as said Counterspell while also being delightfully cheeky!
You want style points, go with Psychic Trance. I should probably slot Wizard's Retort in, it's just so much more boring than everything else I'm doing though. :/
Moth wrote:
3 years ago
That's all I can remember for now, I'll return with a list of my own for you to ponder over if that's fine with you! If I have any more questions or queries, I won't hesitate to ask, either! Thank you.
Sounds good. There's a good chance I'll be less responsive over the holidays.

Moth

materpillar wrote:
3 years ago
Sounds good. There's a good chance I'll be less responsive over the holidays.
I did a little tinkering with cards that work and do things, there is no definite theme and it seems unfocused, but it can play well with a manadork-rich hand. See what you think!
True-Tribal
Show
Hide
Decklist

The Ramp Dragon (1)

1x The Ur-Dragon
Approximate Total Cost:

materpillar
the caterpillar

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
I did a little tinkering with cards that work and do things, there is no definite theme and it seems unfocused, but it can play well with a manadork-rich hand. See what you think!

Moth

materpillar wrote:
3 years ago
I'd recommend Path of Ancestry. It ETBs tapped but it is a 5c land that lets you scry 1 every time you cast a changeling.
I have heeded your comments and tangled with the list a little more. Some of the cards I've chosen have strictly better variants I might not know of or things that simply work better, and if you know of any more of these I would very much like to be informed!
Comments, Improvements and Decklists
Show
Hide
"I'd recommend Path of Ancestry. It ETBs tapped but it is a 5c land that lets you scry 1 every time you cast a changeling." - Cool card, very effective. I have a thing with lands that come in tapped but with this deck being slower I don't see any major issue. The scry is also very decent.

"I feel like 34 lands is a bit low. Maybe slot in Glasspool Mimic // Glasspool Shore over a non-land card?" - I have put in the Glasspool Mimic, but I have a large issue with removing other value cards for lands. Maybe some of the ramp spells can be shifted for lands, but I don't seem to have any mana issues while playtesting just yet due to the extensive amount of mana creatures. I have also administered a general land overhaul to maximise the number of lands I cover in my colours over lands that I don't have such a high colour density for, i.e Breeding Pool for Blood Crypt, Waterlogged Grove for Auntie's Hovel. The deck gets more boring, yet more consistent.

"Your mana base is strong enough that Chromatic Lantern is probably unnecessary. I run it because I have so many lands that tap for ." - I run it because sometimes you need that fixing that you can't quite manage. It is similarly on the chopping block, as is yours, yet every little does help.

"Why're you running Windfall? Seems bad here?" - It's a remnant of an earlier version of the list using cards I already own as opposed to cards I need to get, and has been culled. The same with Night's Whisper.

"Manaweft Sliver is way better than Drover of the Mighty" - You wouldn't be wrong! However, that sliver is already in the pile along with his older brother Gemhide Sliver! I will discuss the Drover later.

"You have a lot of token generation. I might consider Kindred Summons or Shared Animosity." - Kindred Summons is a high CMC card that I don't feel wholely comfortable running due to my lack of topdeck control. Shared Animosity, however, turns all my creatures into gigantic beat sticks and effectively adds another relatively cheap wincon to the deck, always appreciated.

"Wormfang Drake is a terrible card for the O-ring combo loop. Lightning Crafter has uses outside of the combo and can be tutored with Moggcatcher. Molten Echoes gives you additional ETB triggers. Fiend Hunter can hit opposing creatures." - Wormfang Drake has been easily replaced with Fiend Hunter, and I'm not sure why I didn't think of him before! Another human subtype is always good for the pile. I'm probably incorrectly not using Moggcatcher, and I've opted to include Wanderwine Prophets over Lightning Crafter as I can grab them with a Seahunter and effectively scare the entire table into dealing with me.

"Goblin Warchief is probably not going to do enough." - I chose Warchief over other cost reducers like Dragonspeaker Shaman or Urza's Incubator because of the built-in haste assisting with Cryptolith Rite, Mana Slivers and Mirror Entity and Amoeboid Changeling assistance with Strong Dorks. If it plays badly in testing, it'll be replaced.

"You have ton of ramp and very few big payoffs. I'd recommend Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign" - This I disagree with to an amount. While Unesh is very strong, my main ramp target sits in the Command Zone, as ramping up to 9, (or 4 with a Morophon, the Boundless) is no simple feat. As soon as The Ur-Dragon drops, simply attacking generates me similar value to Unesh as well as allowing me to put a permanent down. At the part of the game where Dragon does drop, I'll probably have some sort of immediate payoff through Changelings and maybe even a card in hand that I save for the free cast. Also, Unesh puts cards in the grave and allows the opponent a choice, the former I have only one piece of recursion for in Graveshifter and the latter may end up with me holding a grip of lands.

"Speaking of ramp, I bet Priest of Titania will do more work than Birds of Paradise" - I considered this, but the Birds make a fantastic T1 play, so instead I kicked Drover out and put Priest in his place!

"I'd recommend trying to find a slot for Swarmyard (and Elephant Graveyard if you have one sitting around/proxy) and Contested Cliffs. I think your mana base can support them and I find myself using their changeling relevant abilities a fair amount." - Swarmyard is a nice inclusion, I was originally scared to use lands that only produced colourless mana, but with the ramp and the other supporting lands a few more 'general' lands should be fine. Contested Cliffs acts as nice removal, but as most changelings are quite wimpy I'll have to test this one to see if it's entirely worth it. Venomous Changeling comes to mind as a powerhouse here.
Elephant Graveyard is reaching up to £90 a pop over here for a battered version. That's a little out of reach for me, personally!

Below I've included the original list as well as the new, improved list. Other includes I can think of right now are very general, such as Carpet of Flowers or Smothering Tithe, The Mirage Tutors, Other Tutors, Strong Spells and Mana Rocks. Extremely unoriginal, I'm very much banking on Kaldheim to have heavy Changeling support which could be extremely exciting and I'm sure you agree!

Other notable inclusions are:
Pemmin's Aura, it works amazingly well with Strong Dorks as well as with Magda, Brazen Outlaw to turn any dork into an infinite treasure engine,

Hibernation Sliver, I somehow missed this one. Board wipe protection in a pinch, strong ETB combos with Universal Automaton. All-round pretty sweet,

Ancient Ziggurat, 44 creatures? Bit of a no brainer really!
'True-Tribal' Old
Show
Hide
Decklist

The Ramp Dragon (1)

1x The Ur-Dragon
Approximate Total Cost:

'True-Tribal' New
Show
Hide
Decklist

The Ramp Dragon (1)

1x The Ur-Dragon
Approximate Total Cost:

materpillar
the caterpillar

Moth wrote:
3 years ago
Other notable inclusions are:
Pemmin's Aura, it works amazingly well with Strong Dorks as well as with Magda, Brazen Outlaw to turn any dork into an infinite treasure engine,
I'm personally not a huge fan of Pemmin's Aura because basically all it does for you is goes infinite with Bloom Tender. If that's what you're in the mood for that's your call. I play Wirewood Symbiote instead. It's on theme, has upside (bouncing changelings feels great) when you're not going infinite and still goes infinite with Mirror Entity and Bloom Tender.

Also, your only infinite mana outlets are Mirror Entity, The Scarab God and kinda Hibernation Sliver. Going infinite and then only casting The Ur-Dragon is a guaranteed way to eat a wrath spell and then be hated out of the game. I might recommend slotting in Kogla, the Titan Ape. He's removal on ETB, removal on attack, is hard to kill if you untap with him, lets you reuse changelings for ETB triggers, protects changelings from removal and is an infinite mana outlet.

Other than that your list seems pretty decent. It looks a little removal light for my tastes so I'd keep an eye on that and throw in Spit Flame and then Dire Tactics if you feel like you need them. Just need to jam some games and see how it plays out.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 3 years ago

I found the deck very recently and I became instantly a fan. I am a sucker for strange interactions.

Congratsulations for the decklist! :)

EDIT: Is Tsabo's Decree too much CMC for the deck?
Last edited by Sefir 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Dakkon Blackblade Miracles Control
Teneb, the Harvester Pestilence
Soul of Windgrace Loam Balance
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain

Elywood

Post by Elywood » 3 years ago

The amount of changeling/tribal support in Kaldheim is amazing :o (and honestly pretty unexpected)

Tribbles

Post by Tribbles » 3 years ago

Elywood wrote:
3 years ago
The amount of changeling/tribal support in Kaldheim is amazing :o (and honestly pretty unexpected)
It is pretty unreal! Some of them are really appropriate for this deck, and others aren't. I'm thinking of Orvar, the All-Form in particular when I say that. He's more of a commander you build around, I feel. This brew doesn't run many instants or sorceries as we're creature-focused.

I'm interested to know what Kaldheim cards you're considering for this deck? The ones I see potentially going in (from the more recent spoilers) would be:
  • Maskwood Nexus. Undeniably a fantastic card for this type of deck, as now everything can buff, protect, search for, or interact with every other creature card - and it's a straight upgrade of Birthing Boughs.
  • Faceless Haven. The Snow Land requirement for the changeling creature ability is the downside of this card, and the mana base would need to change subtly, but it's a second Mutavault?
  • Reflections of Littjara. Whilst not a changeling, it copies spells that share the specified creature type, so that's 2 ETB triggers for each changeling we cast at the very least.
  • Littjara Kinseekers. Seems like a nice inclusion. Having 2-3 changelings already on board seems like a common enough occurrence that you can get the buff and scry most times.
  • Arachnoform. Seems good in principle but probably not worth it?
Those are my thoughts at least. Would like to know what everyone else thinks of them, and of others that I might have overlooked.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Tribbles wrote:
3 years ago
Elywood wrote:
3 years ago
It is pretty unreal! Some of them are really appropriate for this deck, and others aren't. I'm thinking of Orvar, the All-Form in particular when I say that. He's more of a commander you build around, I feel. This brew doesn't run many instants or sorceries as we're creature-focused.

I'm interested to know what Kaldheim cards you're considering for this deck? The ones I see potentially going in (from the more recent spoilers) would be:
  • Maskwood Nexus. Undeniably a fantastic card for this type of deck, as now everything can buff, protect, search for, or interact with every other creature card - and it's a straight upgrade of Birthing Boughs.
  • Faceless Haven. The Snow Land requirement for the changeling creature ability is the downside of this card, and the mana base would need to change subtly, but it's a second Mutavault?
  • Reflections of Littjara. Whilst not a changeling, it copies spells that share the specified creature type, so that's 2 ETB triggers for each changeling we cast at the very least.
  • Littjara Kinseekers. Seems like a nice inclusion. Having 2-3 changelings already on board seems like a common enough occurrence that you can get the buff and scry most times.
  • Arachnoform. Seems good in principle but probably not worth it?
Those are my thoughts at least. Would like to know what everyone else thinks of them, and of others that I might have overlooked.
Arachnoform doesn't do nearly enough. Any changeling over 3 mana in it's base cost has to be doing a ton. Kinseekers does not do a ton. I'm currently running 0 basics, so I certainly can't support switching to snow.

Snap Includes
The World Tree → Mana fixer, on theme, if you activate you can just find the infinite changeling loop.
Maskwood Nexus → I want this on the battlefield when I activate The World Tree. Cutting Unnatural Selection
Glimpse the Cosmos → This card is absolutely absurd. I'm Cutting Higure, the Still Wind unfortunately, he's just way too slow. Digging 6 cards in will smooth out draws a lot
Mistwalker → Evasion is super important for things like Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator and just attacking and not dying for The Ur-Dragon
Magda, Brazen Outlaw → All my changelings ramp and I can tutor up Lathliss, Dragon Queen or Morophon, the Boundless? Yes please.
Guardian Gladewalker → Giving the Ur-Dragon +1/+1 lets him 2-shot people. Infinite looping this makes my board infinitely large.
Masked Vandal → I'd play like 4 of these.

Probably including
Tyrite Sanctum → Upgrade over Animal Sanctuary which I've found I will never activate. Indestructible Morophon, the Boundless seems good.
Realmwalker → I'm going to have to look over my changeling list. This'll probably get the nod over something. Potential card draw at almost no cost seems good.
Moritte of the Frost → Yes, I would like two Dragon Tempests. Mana cost is kinda rough though.
Bloodline Pretender → Gets to 0 mana with Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign, I'm thinking of cutting Unesh since it's such a pain to resolve his triggers though.
Reflections of Littjara → 5 mana is a lot but this effect is pretty massive

Considering
Tyvar Kell → probably not as good as Elvish Archdruid but I'm not sure
Pyre of Heroes → I dislike tutoring a lot, I might test this over Seahunter though
The Bears of Littjara → Probably not as good as various other 4 mana changelings but maybe
Firja's Retribution → I always give potential removal a ponder. This might be too inconsistent though.
Calamity Bearer → I don't think I attack enough for this to be worthwhile... maybe
Squash → I always give potential removal a ponder. This might be too inconsistent though.

narglfrob

Post by narglfrob » 3 years ago

As soon as I found this list / archetype, it was love at first sight. Got a game in and had a chance to feel how the deck works, and I'm hooked.

I'm looking to customize it to suite my preferred style, here are the cards I'm thinking of adding:
Because I really enjoy cheap instant speed interaction: Other: Possible Cuts
Regarding cuts, here is what is top of mind. Would love feedback on how important these cards are to the core gameplan of the deck (ETB abuse):

materpillar
the caterpillar

narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Dire Tactics
Definitely worth a slot, I constantly consider slotting it in. I just value flexibility a lot higher.
I haven't tested any counterspells. All the UU scary me off. I also find I'm tapping out a ton.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Haakon, Stromgald Scourge - an old favorite of mine. Pyre of Heroes will be the primary enabler.
Haakon, Stromgald Scourge is fire. I just don't have enough available enablers.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Atla Palani, Nest Tender - seems like great wrath protection, which is something this deck seems to want.
I don't have any sacrifice synergies with her. I'd much rather run Sliver Hivelord proactively.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Coveted Prize
I've consistently gotten a full party for Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate that I'm sure this card will be great. I just really find tutors to be dull.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
General Kudro of Drannith - not sure on this one. I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of the creature removal consistently enough to make him worth it?
If you build towards using Haakon, Stromgald Scourge/Pyre of Heroes/Patriarch's Bidding for a sacrifice theme he'll definitely be great. I just don't have that sub-theme going at all.

narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Possible Cuts
Regarding cuts, here is what is top of mind. Would love feedback on how important these cards are to the core gameplan of the deck (ETB abuse):
Elder Pine of Jukai - seems like a weak form of card draw?
It depends on how degenerate you meta-game is. I would strongly recommend not cutting Elder Pine of Jukai from your initial list. The joy of casting it and watching your opponents try to figure out from what depths of magic the gathering you pulled this extremely obscure card from is truly a joy. Once you've cast it a couple times and experienced that it is fairly filler. I'm always happy to have it in my opening hand because hitting your landrops is so important and it gets another changeling back upon its death. The faster your meta-game the less impressive it'll be.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Sigil Tracer
Sigil Tracer's main weakness is that it is so U intensive. Ironically the last game I played I lost because I cast something else instead of Sigil Tracer so I couldn't copy my opponents Akroma's Will before he cast Wrath of God. It's really a pet card that is mostly in the deck because I like it. Also, I dream of the day I activate Seahunter it out in response to Expropriate and copy it twice. Axing it is pretty reasonable.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Walker of Secret Ways - outside of the bounce, this seems weak. Is the bounce ability that crucial? Are there no better sources for this? (Kogla, Emiel...??)
I think Walker of Secret Ways is better than both Higure, the Still Wind and Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow. I haven't picked up Emiel the Blessed to test yet.
I'm about to cut Higure despite how much I like him, he's just too slow. :(
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Sliver Hivelord - I'm meh on this, I think I will switch for The First Sliver (I think I have a higher tolerance for repeated triggers)
Fair enough. Hivelord has impressed me a lot.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
The Scarab God - I have a Scarab God deck, so I know first hand HOW MANA INTENSIVE he is. I am hoping Haakon will fill his shoes well.
Scarab God is great... but you already know that. He just does a great job making it so I don't lose if my opponents cast a wrath spell 3 turns in a row which is a pretty rare niche.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves - getting my changelings to fight seems low impact, since they are typically so small. Am I missing something?
Tolsimir is great. He's ETB removal. He is incremental life gain which shores up playing against group slug decks. He is tutorable with Skyshroud Poacher. Those aside he goes infinite with Universal Automaton (or any 0 mana changeling) and Hibernation Sliver. Additionally he gives you infinite life and will kill the board with the Changeling Titan oblivion ring loop.
Everyone always wants to cut Patron and he always does serious work for me. He completely houses aristocrat decks singlehandedly. Putting him into play with The Ur-Dragon or Cryptic Gateway is wonderful. I'd give him a shot before you just offhandedly cut him.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Endemic Plague - I don't think I really want a wrath.
Fair enough.
Knowledge Exploitation is fantastic for me. It's just whatever you need it to be in any situation. Early game? Cultivate Mid-game? Ruinous Ultimatum. Late game? Time Warp
This one is pretty meta-game dependent though. The more familiar you are with your opponents' decks the better it'll be. If your opponents aren't running Boundless Realms/Expropriate/Time Warp it'll probably drop in value a lot.
I'm cutting Unnatural Selection for Maskwood Nexus here next weekend.

narglfrob

Post by narglfrob » 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, lots to think about.
Wow crazy, I will have to try it. Also if that's the case (i.e. ETB re-use is that important to the deck), then Emiel should be nuts as it loops for so much cheaper (outside of a 0 or 1cmc changeling) and is more flexible (protects against removal, blinks non-changelings).
Everyone always wants to cut Patron
Ok ok, I promise to at least play him once before I cut him!
I don't have any sacrifice synergies with [Atla Palani, Nest Tender]
Note, you do run Mirror Entity, if you activate him for zero, all your creatures die as 0/0 eggs and Trigger Atla. Not something you'd use every day I would imagine, but something to keep in mind.

Also, have you ever considered Marwyn, the Nurturer?

Tribbles

Post by Tribbles » 3 years ago

narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
As soon as I found this list / archetype, it was love at first sight. Got a game in and had a chance to feel how the deck works, and I'm hooked.
That's the same reason I'm here! I played with Tomer's brew on MTGGoldfish initially, but found this one to be nicer, more on theme, and more hilarious. That said, using Haakon, Stromgald Scourge and Rooftop Storm from that brew to bring out Morophon and get a discounted Ur-Dragon was amazing. Tomer's brew is definitely less focused and just has more "good stuff", imo.

Just wanted to chime in to the discussion as this is legitimately my new favourite deck.
narglfrob wrote:
3 years ago
Note, you do run Mirror Entity, if you activate him for zero, all your creatures die as 0/0 eggs and Trigger Atla. Not something you'd use every day I would imagine, but something to keep in mind.
You might then actually want to remove Patron of the Vein from this brew, as you don't want that +1/+1 ability to stop your creatures dying and not triggering Atla.
materpillar wrote:
3 years ago
I've consistently gotten a full party for Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate that I'm sure this card will be great. I just really find tutors to be dull.
Have you tried Tazri, Beacon of Unity, or some other party-based cards? I know there's only a few, and most aren't great, but I've seen this one bandied about and it looks promising.

The more I think about interactions also, the more I think Mana Echoes, as discussed earlier in the thread, should be in here. Not 100% sure this works, but the idea of having a Reaper King on the field, Didgeridoo'ing out a Changeling Titan to champion out someone to protect it, vindicating something, and then generating mana off the instant-speed ETB is hilarious. My friend characterised a lot of interactions in this deck as "bullsh*t", and this has to add to that, haha.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 3 years ago

For every changeling fan out there who plays Haakon, Stromgald Scourge, how do you put him in play? The deck has 0 discard outlets to put him in gy from hand so that he can be casted normally. Isn't it too hard and restricting to play him just with The Ur-Dragon ability or Cryptic Gateway?
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Dakkon Blackblade Miracles Control
Teneb, the Harvester Pestilence
Soul of Windgrace Loam Balance
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 3 years ago

Sefir wrote:
3 years ago
For every changeling fan out there who plays Haakon, Stromgald Scourge, how do you put him in play? The deck has 0 discard outlets to put him in gy from hand so that he can be casted normally. Isn't it too hard and restricting to play him just with The Ur-Dragon ability or Cryptic Gateway?
I don't see any "no hand size limit" in the list, so drawing over 7 is one way.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”