GB Elfball Partner

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

So, these commanders look mana hungry as all hell. I put a LOT of my focus to the mana generation element of elves as well as putting multiple bodies into play. I feel like its possible that Miara, Thorn of the Glade and Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel might be a bit interchangeable but I wanted to start out with testing the cheaper of the two. Also, I think more draw is great but having the mana up to draw when my elves die on top of pooring mana into Numa, Joraga Chieftain might be challenging. I figure I should start out by testing things and see what sort of results I get with both before really deciding.

I ended up cutting a lot of the anthem elves because I think ultimately my plan is more to use a large number of elves to generate mana from means of things like Gaea's Cradle / Earthcraft / Priest of Titania and use that mana to pump my elves up via Numa, Joraga Chieftain. Its a touch different but I guess we will see if it works.

Overall, it felt like I had to kind of full commit to elves so my overall interactions aren't much. I primarily stick to elves and things to make mana or draw cards. Its a more proactive approach for sure. When I started this list I started with something like 70+ creatures in the list and had to HEAVILY trim. Its entirely possible I overlooked something super obvious outside of the elves (like grave hate which I have none of).

Decklist

PLANESWALKER (0)

Approximate Total Cost:

[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Ruiner
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ruiner » 3 years ago

Volrath's Stronghold is usually something I include in creature heavy black decks, probably worth it if you can find the space. Phyrexian Reclamation is another near auto include for similar reasons.

I've been playing with an Abomination of Llanowar deck lately that is also super heavy on elves and it has been a major threat (being the commander of my deck helps since it is two-shotting people pretty easy). It could probably do some major work in your 98 too. It gets big pretty quickly.

Yeva, Nature's Herald has been pretty great in my experience.

Concordant Crossroads is a bit of a risk/reward with it being helpful to everyone but can lead to some pretty great turns.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”