Muldrotha, the Gravetide - Grindfest on a Budget

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 1 month ago

Table of Contents

A Short Introduction

Lately I have been on a budget deckbuilding spree and this is my latest project. In the LGS that I frequent there is an influx of new EDH players and people with decks that are more on the budget side of things (think precons with a few tenners worth of upgrades or brews with a budget of roughly a €100 to a €150 euros). Some of my decks are pretty expensive and I thought it would be fun to restrict myself to a similar or even tighter budget and meet those cheaper decks on an even ground financially. Enter Muldrotha. This popular Sultai commander has been on my radar for a while now. I have never played black-green-blue or graveyard-based decks before. When I browsed through the singles maps of the store Muldrotha showed up, so I decided to buy the card and get brewing. I decided to set myself a budget of about €75 euros at the time of building the deck, which is roughly a precon (the newer ones are going for 40-50 euros where I live) + a bit of money left for upgrades. What you see below is the first draft. I hope I'll be able to acquire most of the cards soon-ish, so I can start testing things and see how the deck performs.

Current Decklist

Approximate Total Cost:

*****Credit for this Primer Template belongs to all members of the Primer Committee*****
Last edited by BlackbirdPlaysMTG 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 1 month ago

kirkusjones wrote:
1 month ago
Maybe Aftermath Analyst over World Shaper?
Thanks for the suggestion :)! Yeah, that seems like a straight upgrade in this list. Immediate impact when it ETB's and I don't run that many sacrifice effects, so the ability to sac itself is great.

bfine70
Pauper Dreamcrusher

Post by bfine70 » 1 month ago

This is awesome! I've played a Muldrotha list with 99 commons for quite some time and it is very effective! My Moxfield list is here: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/DZNoH7h0-0C-87Mv4C_3AQ. The added higher rarity cards do so much for this list and I look forward to watching your list evolve!
WUBRG Child of Alara, Pauper Dreamcrusher GRBUW | BGU Muldrotha, Dreamcrusher REDUX UGB

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”