[Ideas!] Bring to Light EDH

grimoiredark
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by grimoiredark » 1 year ago

Hey Hi Everyone!!!! Hope you guys are having a fabulous day!

Had a bit of an idea rolling around in the ole brain-hole and would love some opinions from you guys (cause honestly, you're all way more creative with deck building than I could ever hope to be XD).

Probably my favorite card in magic is Bring to Light, but I have yet to find a satisfying deck to put it in to make work! D:

I've had this card since playing 5-Kiki Light and the Niv-Mizzet Reborn Variant which was both fun and flexible. It is cool to recreate either of those decks, but due to a theme I have with my deck building (Be it, not having commanders with overlapping creature types or planes), Niv is kinda out of the picture.

Does anyone have any commanders or ideas that could work while revolving around using Light (maybe even an edh version of the Scapeshift variant if that's possible)?

Either way, any ideas or assistance would be super appreciated!

Have an awesome day and take care of yourselves! :D

Tags:

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

So would Bring to Light be your de facto commander? Would the main strategy of the deck to tutor it and replay it a bunch? Seems super cool, honestly. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but my wheels are turning.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 1 year ago

Have you considered a Cromat Domain and Converge deck? Maybe a Landfall Subtheme?
V/R

Treamayne

grimoiredark

RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
So would Bring to Light be your de facto commander? Would the main strategy of the deck to tutor it and replay it a bunch? Seems super cool, honestly. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but my wheels are turning.
I had an idea in the past where everything in the deck (bar lands) could be searched with Bring to Light and acted as a kiki combo deck w/ recurrsion. Not sure if that idea still works, but it would be hilarious to do XD
Treamayne wrote:
1 year ago
Have you considered a Cromat Domain and Converge deck? Maybe a Landfall Subtheme?
Hmm...I'd have to look into both since I don't remember the list of each Domain and Converge card tho it's a thought! My current idea had a landfall subtheme using Omnath, Locus of Creation in it so maybe! ( reminded of someone who wanted to do a Cromat deck with all the backgrounds :thinking:

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

I had a Chulane, Teller of Tales mana-dork tribal and had Bring to Light in it. I often got Lab Man with it. Or something to untap my stuff. I have since taken that deck apart, but it was good in it.

Niv-Mizzet Reborn himself, isnt a good fight?

grimoiredark

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
I had a Chulane, Teller of Tales mana-dork tribal and had Bring to Light in it. I often got Lab Man with it. Or something to untap my stuff. I have since taken that deck apart, but it was good in it.

I haven't thought using it in other decks outside of Wubrg, but if your cmc is low enough, I guess it doesn't really matter :o

Niv-Mizzet Reborn would probably be the best fit, but I have a restriction not to use commanders of the same creature type or from the same plane. Already have a Dragon and Izzet deck :pensive:

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

grimoiredark wrote:
1 year ago
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago

I haven't thought using it in other decks outside of Wubrg, but if your cmc is low enough, I guess it doesn't really matter :o

Niv-Mizzet Reborn would probably be the best fit, but I have a restriction not to use commanders of the same creature type or from the same plane. Already have a Dragon and Izzet deck :pensive:

Since it was mana dork tribal I could generate more colors

grimoiredark

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
grimoiredark wrote:
1 year ago
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago

Since it was mana dork tribal I could generate more colors
AHHHH! That makes more sense! Ok, that's fair. Chulane was an idea for a commander deck to make, tho I have a similar one ^^;

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

I would try out Garth One-Eye, as his regrowth will let you cast your marquee card multiple times.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
I would try out Garth One-Eye, as his regrowth will let you cast your marquee card multiple times.
This is a good idea. Multiple uses of Bring to Light could easily set up a blink engine that could cast it every turn with enough mana. You could probably set up something like Rhythm of the Wild/Temur Ascendancy + Teleportation Circle/Conjurer's Closet/Thassa, Deep-Dwelling + to get a Bring to Light every turn. Add Garruk's Uprising for a bit of card advantage on Garth ETB's. Double up on Blink engines to start using his other abilities too. Two of them with haste nets you a free Black Lotus, cutting your mana investment down to per Bring to Light. Or gets you a removal spell or dragon.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

I played it in a sliver / changeling cascade concept of The First Sliver. I really liked it because I got to cast whatever I was going to get which meant that a lot of what I would get could be something that also cascaded. I found myself finding things like Volcanic Torrent somewhat normally because it would then for sure hit for 3 damage but maybe even more given that the deck was designed to chain cascade.

viewtopic.php?t=36351
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

grimoiredark

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
This is a good idea. Multiple uses of Bring to Light could easily set up a blink engine that could cast it every turn with enough mana. You could probably set up something like Rhythm of the Wild/Temur Ascendancy + Teleportation Circle/Conjurer's Closet/Thassa, Deep-Dwelling + to get a Bring to Light every turn. Add Garruk's Uprising for a bit of card advantage on Garth ETB's. Double up on Blink engines to start using his other abilities too. Two of them with haste nets you a free Black Lotus, cutting your mana investment down to per Bring to Light. Or gets you a removal spell or dragon.
That's….not a bad idea. Even with those cards, other value creatures could take advantage. Plus, still go combo if I do choose. Perhaps this can work, though this hurts my theme a little as Garth is a wizard D:
ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
I played it in a sliver / changeling cascade concept of The First Sliver. I really liked it because I got to cast whatever I was going to get which meant that a lot of what I would get could be something that also cascaded. I found myself finding things like Volcanic Torrent somewhat normally because it would then for sure hit for 3 damage but maybe even more given that the deck was designed to chain cascade.

viewtopic.php?t=36351
Funny enough, I just picked up the Party Time commander deck and was thinking of maybe making a 5 color party deck with Tazri, Beacon of Unity! That way, it could give a bunch of value creatures while Bring to Light can act as a silver bullet for what you need. The part that throws me off is my Raffine, Scheming Seer deck is an aggro one too and idk how to differentiate the two 🤔

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”