From the catacombs and blink

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

If I cast From the Catacombs, returning Nezahal, Primal Tide to the battlefield, and later I activate Nezahal's ability, discarding three cards to "blink" Nezahal, does Nezahal, go to exile and return as a new creature with no corpse counter (I realize the corpse counter has no inherit mechanical effect), or does the From the Catacombs trigger still interfere, sending it to exile and it will not return?

Thanks!

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 1 year ago
Nezahal will work as normal here. Catacombs has you exile it "instead of putting it anywhere else". Since Nezahal is already sending itself to exile, it is not going "anywhere else" (it is already going to exile) so the Catacombs replacement effect has nothing to replace.
Go to full post
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

WizardMN
Answers: 132
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 1 year ago

Nezahal will work as normal here. Catacombs has you exile it "instead of putting it anywhere else". Since Nezahal is already sending itself to exile, it is not going "anywhere else" (it is already going to exile) so the Catacombs replacement effect has nothing to replace.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

Thanks! That's what I was hoping XD.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Zask, Phelddagriff
Other: Karrthus, Eris, Emiel, The Blessed, Ruhan, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”