Trash Magic Commander: The series

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

This thread will house links to all my trash magic decks and whatever I want to say about them. These decks are jank and usually actively horrible. They may follow a theme, they may not. They will not win a lot of games.

pokken

Episode 1: Armies of Amonkhet

This deck turned out to be remarkably cohesive and smooth playing because of all the cycling. It hits its land drops and casts it spells and engages with the game on multiple axes. Unfortunately the spells are....very poor. I am gonna tune this one up with a few flavor cards I missed like more bricks for the zombie carpenter union to lay down and so on.

https://deckbox.org/sets/3190857

Gentle Giant
It's all jank, always has been

Post by Gentle Giant » 1 year ago

These kinds of decks are my jam! Looking forward to the lists :grin:
Remember: not everyone is intent on 'growing as a player', analysing their meta and adapting to it, etc. For some people, Magic is just another board game.

Decklists:
A boy and his dog: an adventure (Rograkh & Yoshimaru) | Storytelling, Jank, Cute
Averna, Roulette Croupier: Cascade Chaos | Cascade, Chaos, Group Choices
The Ur-Dragon Tribal Tribal | Randomized Batches, Diverse, Quirky
Zirda, Patron Goddess of Trash Artisanry | Trash for Treasure, Artifact Aristocrats, low-powered

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 1 year ago

Oh man, you've really got something special going on when Lay Claim looks like one of the best cards in the deck :P

I used to have a similarly dirt tier deck with wurms that was helmed by Dragonlord Dromoka. I found that the deck ignored the wurms and just played the commander and punched people in the face, as that was a far more reliable game plan in practice. Have you found yourself having similar issues with Nicky B in the driver's seat?

Looking forward to future instalments. Trashmander is the way out of the cEDH'isation trajectory.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

pokken

Rumpy5897 wrote:
1 year ago
Oh man, you've really got something special going on when Lay Claim looks like one of the best cards in the deck :P

I used to have a similarly dirt tier deck with wurms that was helmed by Dragonlord Dromoka. I found that the deck ignored the wurms and just played the commander and punched people in the face, as that was a far more reliable game plan in practice. Have you found yourself having similar issues with Nicky B in the driver's seat?

Looking forward to future instalments. Trashmander is the way out of the cEDH'isation trajectory.
Thankfully nick's upkeep cost and mana cost make that somewhat less good so not thus far. I did cast him as a chunk blocker several turns in a row once. I have not yet won a game but when I've been in pole position it was due to abandoned sarcophagus and then hour of eternity.

Lay claim is one of the best for sure :)

I did combo off with cartouches once which felt great lol. It's so cute.

pokken

Episode 2: orzhov midrange with Selenia dark angel

This was actually my very first trash magic deck. I was going through a box of revised era cards and saw erg raiders, black knight and an order of the Ebon hand and wanted to play them. For nostalgia mostly. So I made a horrible orzhov midrange deck that curves out crap cards aggressively and has a small sub theme of forced attacks. Weirdly everyone seems to want to build goad tribal %$#%$#% in trash magic as their first instinct

This deck plays almost only old old cards and very few staples (I think just ones that were around in revised era). This is it :

https://deckbox.org/sets/3115196

This deck illustrates a key to trash magic. It's a good idea to still pay attention to curve I think since otherwise you spend a lot of the time not playing your crap cards.

What I say when I play my Bolas deck is that yes the deck sees a whole lot of cards - it has a lot of cycling and a lot of the bolas themed cards draw. Unfortunately all the cards it draws are in the deck

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”